It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand aside Sharia – here comes biblical law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Just like the Muslims say that the "lunatic fringe" of their religion don't get their marching orders from the Koran, everyone seems to have an 'out'.

As a society, all of our various factions kill. Nixon was a Quaker. Didn't seem to prevent his pacifist arse from bombing the crap out of North Vietnam. Same for Suleimann the great and a host of people from a great number of religions.

I think we worry too much about what the killers use for an excuse.

It is not so much about religion as it is about individuals and their thirst for power.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
OP, I would like to recommend Answer to Job by Carl Jung. It's pretty short, and definitely worth the read.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

If the Scots can release murdering terrorists from prison and fly them home to be hailed as national heroes, then there's every-chance they could embrace a book alleged to be written by a murdering terrorist eg yahwhe/jesus

Hm, I seem to be having trouble using language to communicate, I'll try again.

It is claimed by some that some books (namely the bibles) were written by a god that goes by various name two of which are yahweh and jesus.

The claim has been held for quite a few hundred years although in modern times where the books in question have been subject to critique the apologies have often changed . The belief that the author was yahwhe jesus has become less fashionable over the centuries and has been predominately replaced by the reasoning that the authors or editors were inspired by yahweh/jesus.

The status quo was achieved by the reasoning mind and secular needs forcing the church to release it's tyrannical strangle hold on societies.

Nevertheless the claims still abound that the books are written by and or inspired by yahwhe/jesus. If this is this case (again this is not my claim) and the author/ inspiration of aforesaid books has acted in the manner documented in the books, then by our own standards of measure said alleged author can be classified as a murdering terrorist.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I highly doubt that the intention is to use to bible to justify a killing rampage in the UK, or Scotland....those verses would be overlooked by the reasonable minds of the judges, I would hope.

There must be something else in the book, that they could use to fit into the agenda if enforced (and accepted) by the population...

I would propose that the bible has no place in family/divorce court, since, well, it can be interpreted to strip some of the most basic rights from women!

and, I would propose that this is the desire of the powers that be, since the population of the great anglo saxon race is being quickly outnumbered in the developed nations by the other races.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

The prophecy's that are not fullfilled can be summed up in a couple of sentences.. Natural disasters would unfold in an increasing fashion, look at 2010. We are a good ways into that prophecy. There'd be more and more pandemics, food shortages, wars etc etc..

Sorry to say someone has been teaching you childish nonsense, the earth is subject to frequent bouts of catastrophic weather and geological conditions
98% of all animal life that has ever existed has gone extinct before the yahwhe /jesus god decided to intervene in human affairs.

All of these things mentioned have not found their equal (all happening at once that is) in the period prior to 1900.

ER hum , take a look at the geological record

New virusses spring allover,

And ? Just because a virus has not been classified does not mean it hasn't already existed nothing new here.

Besides, you obviously missed the bit where the god written/inspired bibles clearly state that disease is caused by demons, therefore viruses either do not exist, are demons and have no bearing on the discussion.

The story of noah is not nonsence.. At the very least, the flood has been scientifically proven to have happened.
[/quote

The earth has never been subjected to an event where the entire planet was inundated, may once again point you to the geological record.

the sumerian people were one of the many people inhabiting earth at that time... they were part of the population that was wiped clean from this earth.

The Sumerian left records they speak of a former deluge (it is a common theme) they obviously were not wiped out as er duh they left record.

Their society Noah archetype predates the earliest scribblings of the jews whom as we know are alleged to have been held captive in that very region, getting it yet ? No ? That's right the Noah story is not unique to the jews but something that was circulating in Babylon.

1 crucial prohecy wich must come to pass soon is that all of earth's religions will uniformly be abolished,

Well soon has been going on for 2000 years, and if you want to make a vague prophesy come to pass then get yourself into a position of authority and control, you getting the picture yet ?

when you see this happening you should remember that that happening will inmediately be followed by the return of God's son Jesus Christ.

Sorry you missed the bus there -

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Matthew 24:30-34

They are 2 different beings bytheway, dont fall for that trinity bull*

The historical evidence for the existence of both is equally "Zero"

16All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Here you have the source for the things written in the bible

No, here I have Bruce Wayne confirming the reality of Batman,
your applying circular reasoning and not doing a good job.

Come on let's see your other eye wink at me

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
OP, I would like to recommend Answer to Job by Carl Jung. It's pretty short, and definitely worth the read.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

ok

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I would propose that the bible has no place in family/divorce court, since, well, it can be interpreted to strip some of the most basic rights from women!

The bible has no place in a courtroom period. if it did I would consider becoming a christian and get myself a cheap slave woman.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I thought every one knew Megrahi was framed and released to prevent the real evidence from comming out in his apeal.
Under Christian law the truth would never come out once he plunged his hand into that boiling water to grab the iron bar and got blisters, he would have been hung and the truth would never come out.

No one in authority has had the guts to state the truth about the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 above the Scottish village of Lockerbie on 21 December 1988 in which 270 people were killed. The governments in England and Scotland in effect blackmailed Megrahi into dropping his appeal as a condition of his immediate release. Of course there were oil and arms deals under way with Libya; but had Megrahi proceeded with his appeal, some 600 pages of new and deliberately suppressed evidence would have set the seal on his innocence and given us more than a glimpse of how and why he was stitched up for the benefit of “strategic interests”.

“The endgame came down to damage limitation,” said the former CIA officer Robert Baer, who took part in the original investigation, “because the evidence amassed by [Megrahi’s] appeal is explosive and extremely damning to the system of justice.” New witnesses would show that it was impossible for Megrahi to have bought clothes that were found in the wreckage of the Pan Am aircraft – he was convicted on the word of a Maltese shopowner who claimed to have sold him the clothes, then gave a false description of him in 19 separate

www.johnpilger.com...

like the old NDN said
"After 60 million dead indians, and several hundred violated treaties, it has become clear why the Christians don't do justice; If they did, there wouldn't be any Christians"

just sayin.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I thought every one knew Megrahi was framed and released to prevent the real evidence from comming out in his apeal.

This I have not disputed, I just used Megrahi rhetorically .

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

and yet, the bible was used in many courtrooms here in the US for much of the country's existance to be sworn upon before testimony is given...

and well, I believe that the justice that was handed down from those courtrooms were probably more just than what we have now.....

now days, you would have people swearing on the book, and still lying through their teeth...

the book is nothing, the religion is really nothing, it's the people, and their hearts that is gonna dictate what happens, how the words in any book is interpreted, or ignored entirely.

I am just pointing out, I doubt highly if any western court would use any religious book to validate a murderous killing spree....that would be just too....oh, I don't know....primitive??
although I do believe there is a motive, that is also the motive of the ptb, behind all the clammer being made by the fringe within the jewish/christian/islamic religions...

they want their nice passive, obedient women again, ya know, home tending to the man's castle, producing a kid every year, giving them lots of slave to do their bidding in the future...
otherwise, they are gonna have to import the slaves, and well, that is leading them to the realization that they are no longer the majority within their own country!

ya know, where ever family planning goes, whatever village that they give women the control over the reproduction process....the level or proverty is reduced....
which means less people heeding the call of the ptb willing to trade servitude for a slice of bread!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Some women can be very expensive...
Be careful for what you wish for.God
does have a sense of humor.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Nice post my friend I'm with you all the way, It's such a shame that so many (and not just Christians) can't wrap their mind around the bigger picture and see what you and I can see.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Thanks for the further clarification, I wasn't sure if you were expressing your own opinion or not.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
them that follow mooses

I think you meant to type "Moses" & not "mooses". HAHA! (I may be wrong. Though I've never heard of the Cult of the Moose.)

No offense intended at all friend, that was just really funny to me. Sorry for the immaturity.

moose
–noun, plural moose.
a large, long-headed mammal, Alces alces, of the deer family, having circumpolar distribution in the Northern Hemisphere, the male of which has enormous palmate antlers.

christianity is not a monotheistic religion nor does it have one single truth to follow

On a more serious note; what you said right there, you said well. There are many truths in Christianity that compliment the teachings of the Koran, Torah, and especially Buddhist teachings.

When you really get down to the core of all these religions, the basic message is always the same.

I'm of the opinion that one can take something from each of these and the universal truths as a guide stone in life, and come out in the end a very enlightened person.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
if you go back in history, I think you would find that the most insane things done in the name of god has been done within a system where religion and gov't are closely entwined. these are the times that those "christian haters" refer back to as validation that the religion is a joke, or not worth keeping around, or even dangerous...
the religion isn't any of these things....
it's when the religion mixes in the with greed and corruption that is so common in politics that is!
and well, if you have a system that is trying to force everyone to be "Godly" and you look around, you will find all these people acting "Godly" ya....they are going to church, or the synagogue or whatever, saying their prayers, singing their praises to god, whatever....
but, what are they doing in their heart....you won't have any idea till they do it in the physical world....
in fact many would be lying to god, to socieity, and well, possibly to themselves...but they will go whereever their heart leads them to....and ya notice that in these religions, it is quite typical to just sweep these misdeeds under the carpet, disempower the victim and place blame on them for the misdeeds, and well....it makes a laughing stock of the religion in the end.

I would rather know who I am around, have their sinful nature out for all to see......and well, have the power to protect myself is need be thank you!

religion+gov't=antichrist!

[edit on 24-8-2010 by dawnstar]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The only law in the Bible is the Ten Commandments, which was reduced to just two by Christ in the New Testament. It's simple really. Love God and Love your Fellow Man. That's all that is required of a Christian. I know, I know; truly evil stuff there isn't it. If we all loved and cared about each other it would be such a horrible world.

It's a shame when people feel compelled to misrepresent it because they for whatever reason are unable to understand it or they have an ulterior motive. The ulterior motive usually being hate.

When was the last time you read about say a Baptist loading a car with bombs and driving it into a crowd of Methodists in a Shopping Mall and blowing them up? Or perhaps a Catholic strapping a bomb to their child and sending them to blow up some Lutherans eating in a restaurant? Please provide links.

State Churches are not real Christian Churches by the way. They are a product of fake Christians in position's of power.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

and like I said, instructing kids to blow themselves up just to kill some of the unbelievers would be just too oh, I don't know....primitive...for the western mind to comprehend!

go and spend some time in any baptist church, and I bet at lease once or maybe more you will hear the preacher of that church just about completely disempower the women, or at least try to!

they are teaching more than the golden rule in the churches today...
try visiting a penecostal church!

[edit on 24-8-2010 by dawnstar]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I love this post,here's two for you...
and a star

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

We have known all along those were not real Christians. Fortunately deceivers tend to be transparent. I think the Christian Haters understand fully those evil people were never Christians, they are just acting upon their hate. They also know that it has become socially acceptable to hate Christians. You express such overt hatred of any other group and you can't get away with it, but you can express your hatred of Christians openly in today's society.

It's OK though, because it's proof we are right. It should not bother us as Christians and in fact should encourage us to continue turning the other cheek. The fact our peaceful beliefs so terrify people they are willing to stoop to such levels to attempt to undermine us. Those in government pretend to be Christians but have never really fooled us.

One of the greatest conspiracies on the planet is the assault of peace loving Christians. Their only evidence of course is the actions of fake Christians of which there are plenty on this planet.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Thank you for this:

When was the last time you read about say a Baptist loading a car with bombs and driving it into a crowd of Methodists in a Shopping Mall and blowing them up? Or perhaps a Catholic strapping a bomb to their child and sending them to blow up some Lutherans eating in a restaurant? Please provide links.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join