It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand aside Sharia – here comes biblical law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

I have only skimmed through your opening post...
Give it a rest why don't you,your soap box is warping.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
seams to me people still believe that all christians are the same

facepalm

which branch of christianity is the OP refering to ,

them that follow mooses
or
them that follow saints
or
them that follow jesus
or
them that follow "god"
or
them that follow them selfs ?
or
them that follow any other name from the book of (instert name here)

christianity is not a monotheistic religion nor does it have one single truth to follow,

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Bit the all have the common belief in the divinity of Jesus Christ.

Hence the term Christianity!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

to be honest im not even gonna debate that instead ill refer you to my previous post.

take an orthodox , catholic, protestant, lutherian and a gnostic and have them agree on the same doctorine....

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Of course all the different Christian denominations have different belief's and practices, that's why they are different....but they also share a belief in Christ, in one form or another, thus Christians.

I don't disagree with you, just that they also share something, pretty straight forward to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

the majority of christians dont see hesus any more divine then lazarus.

many christians dont even see god as a divine "being"

many christians dont even call them self christians.

alltho the bible might be thick and full of stories most christians dont believe in it as a whole , they select only a few books which they follow ,

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Well Im a dude... and the "hot eye" represents nothing more then my personal preference in life... Makes me feel a tiny bit better every time I see my avatar..

As for the rest of your response...
You should take into consideration that the bible is claimed to be divinely inspired, this argument would take away the doubt created by the fact that there are many different writers messing up the storyline, it can also take away the fear that the bible is "incomplete" or altered in such a way that it cant be recovered. Since an omnipotent God should surely be able to safe a book for his future followers. Also the bible tells of books wich would be revealed in due time, this suggests that the bible really is "incomplete" while at the same time assuring that we have all the intel we need to worship god in a just way. The worst argument on this board to bring to the table is: You need a bit of faith...

There, I said it...

There are religions out there who have made a sincere effort (without considering profit as their drive) to let the bible explain itself.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I have only skimmed through your opening post...

Come on M that's not good enough lol if your going to have a dig then get the whole picture.

Give it a rest why don't you,your soap box is warping

Does it bother you that much when other people expose the evil of chrsitianity ?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Old Testament- Jewish books.

New Testament- Christian books.

Old Testament- Eye for an eye.

New Testament- Turn the other cheek.

Old Testament- Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

New Testament- Whosoever is without sin, cast the first stone.

I am no holy roller or bible thumper... but it isn't right to tag 'christians' with the kill the baddies line, with regard to their holy book.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

You should take into consideration that the bible is claimed to be divinely inspired,

So which parts of the bibles are divinely inspired ?

On what authority is this claim based ?

As the evidence of every conceivable deity is the same who is the final arbiter as to the source of the inspiration ?

When you read a page where Bruce Wayne says " I am Batman" this does not make Batman real, regardless of how many times Batman makes the claim or how many people reading agree with it.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I am no holy roller or bible thumper... but it isn't right to tag 'christians' with the kill the baddies line, with regard to their holy book.

Er, yes it is they use the old testament to try to validate their case this is why they appear in the bibles together.

Whos Book ?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

You should take into consideration that the bible is claimed to be divinely inspired,

So which parts of the bibles are divinely inspired ?

On what authority is this claim based ?

As the evidence of every conceivable deity is the same who is the final arbiter as to the source of the inspiration ?

When you read a page where Bruce Wayne says " I am Batman" this does not make Batman real, regardless of how many times Batman makes the claim or how many people reading agree with it.

I agree with your reasoning, I also agree that in essence ALL holy books have the same amount of credntials.... none..

So the question you ask is... How can I be sure...

The things that make me believe the stry in the bible holds true is the prophecy's written down. There are tons of em in the bible.. Lots of them have already come to pass, lots of the ones tat have passed can be corroberated with evidence found today. Best example of this is the flood. It gets more interesting when you consider the prophecy's written down for our time.. The bible speaks of some trying times in the final days of man. These prophecy's are being fullfilled as we speak.

The logical response to this argument would be: you can always fit the shoe (or something like that, dont know the exacts words) But that is, IMO, way to easy. Man has always seen trying times, true. But it is not without reason that the last century has seen the FIRST WORLD WARS EVER!! dont read over it, think about this. The bible also foretold that man would develop in an ever increasing pace in these days... another CHECK (keep in mind that this was wforetold 2000 years ago)

The list goes on but I think you understand my point.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Ahem, forgive me, but your silence is deafening!

Who did Jesus murder or terrorise?

And what parts of The Bible did you say he wrote?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Who did Jesus murder or terrorise?

I'm not making the claim but if I accept that jesus is one and the same being as yahwhe and is the omniscient creator of everything that is as truth then -

Every human being that rejects jesus, every human that consumes blood, every human that existed before Noah, every male child that was stoned to death for insubordination prior to yahwhe changing his name to jesus, every homosexual that died whilst living as one.

And on and on

And which part of The Bible did he write?

I make no claims to the authorship of the bibles some christians still claim they were written by god (jesus/yahve)

Some christians claim the bibles were inspired by god (jesus/yawhe)

I'm the one asking which parts of the bibles were "inspired" by jesus/yahweh.

As everything has its source (allegedly) and that sourc is a god (yawheh/jesus) then this god cannot not be responsible for any portion of the bibles as the bibles make the claim that the jesus/yahweh created evil and good.

Hm, kind of a big mess don't you think ?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

No,it doesn't bother me.To be honest,
I'm getting tired of hearing the same
things over and over again.Blah,blah,
the christians did this.Blah,blah,the
christians did that.Blah,blah,their Holy
Bible was written by this man or that one.
Can't you find anything else to destroy?
You do sound like YOU are on a mission!
You bad penny

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The things that make me believe the stry in the bible holds true is the prophecy's written down. There are tons of em in the bible.. Lots of them have already come to pass, lots of the ones tat have passed can be corroberated with evidence found today. Best example of this is the flood. It gets more interesting when you consider the prophecy's written down for our time.. The bible speaks of some trying times in the final days of man. These prophecy's are being fullfilled as we speak.

Yes indeed you can fit the shoe ..... People have a tendency to grab a bunch of so called prophesies and claim this or that but when you look at each one the illusion recedes.

The Noah story is quite indicative of the nonsense fed to small children it is predated by stories from Sumer etc and hardly falls into the category of prophesy, what makes it more complicated is that it is factually incorrect.

What will cause you further problems here are bible prophesies that clearly were not "fullfiled".

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

"Bad penny " lol I love you M couldn't figure out if you twigged

Me destroy ? On the countrary M, I'm helping to build a new world, where we can all get along just fine. I'll believe what I want and you believe what you want and we won't try and force those beliefs on each other.

If I decide to be gay I will extend you the courtesy of listening to your opinion on that, all I ask in return is that you don't try and stop me because someone else told you etc.

I won't feel guilty about being me and I won't try and make you feel guilty about being you.

Nothing wrong with that is there M?

[edit on 24-8-2010 by The Djin]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Originally posted by The Djin

I am well aware that The Bible is riddled with inconsistencies and contradictions.

Divine inspiration?

Don't know about that, I thought The New Testament was supposed to be an account of Jesus's life and teachings, subsequent events surrounding The Apostles and the formation of The Paulian church etc.
These accounts etc were written Apostles and followers of Jesus, not Jesus himself.

You however, did state that Jesus was a murdering terrorist and that he allegedly wrote The Bible.

If the Scots can release murdering terrorists from prison and fly them home to be hailed as national heroes, then there's every-chance they could embrace a book alleged to be written by a murdering terrorist eg yahwhe/jesus

I ask you again, on what basis do you make those assumptions?

[edit on 24/8/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I agree to listen a little...
What does twigged mean?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The prophecy's that are not fullfilled can be summed up in a couple of sentences..
Natural disasters would unfold in an increasing fashion, look at 2010. We are a good ways into that prophecy. There'd be more and more pandemics, food shortages, wars etc etc..
All of these things mentioned have not found their equal (all happening at once that is) in the period prior to 1900.. Also the last couple of years has shown an increase in ALL the fields I mentioned, happening at the same time... have you watched the news lately? New virusses spring allover, food shortages are expected to drastically increase within the comming 2 years..

The story of noah is not nonsence.. At the very least, the flood has been scientifically proven to have happened. the sumerian people were one of the many people inhabiting earth at that time... they were part of the population that was wiped clean from this earth.

1 crucial prohecy wich must come to pass soon is that all of earth's religions will uniformly be abolished, when you see this happening you should remember that that happening will inmediately be followed by the return of God's son Jesus Christ.

They are 2 different beings bytheway, dont fall for that trinity bull*

2 Timothy 3:16 (21st Century King James Version)

16All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Here you have the source for the things written in the bible

[edit on 24/8/2010 by faceoff85]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join