It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand aside Sharia – here comes biblical law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Killing witches, adulterers and homosexuals are all legal requirements in the Christian holy book, and now the Scottish Bible Society (SBS – Patron: The Queen) is sending Bibles to Scottish courts telling them that they should take biblical law into account when dispensing justice. The SBS describes its campaign as “a push to increase engagement with the Bible in view of its formative influence on Scotland’s legal tradition”.

In parallel with distribution to the High Court, Court of Session and sheriff courts, SBS will also distribute Bibles to the Faculty of Advocates Library, the Crown Office, the country-wide offices of the Procurator Fiscal Service and local faculty libraries.

SBS chief executive Elaine Duncan said the aim was “to ensure that judges in the Court of Session and each of the sheriff courts had ready access to a copy of the Bible not only as a reference book which remained relevant to many aspects of substantive law, but also as the source of the principles of justice, integrity and mercy which underpinned the court system in Scotland.”

The Bibles will be accompanied by an explanatory booklet outlining the significance of the Bible to the law of Scotland and giving examples of Bible texts relevant to aspects of law and practice.

link www.secularism.org.uk...

Unfortunately, the booklet omits the references to biblical law that would be considered barbaric to modern minds.

Leviticus and so on,
I think we all know by now which verses the christians will omit and which bible laws they will choose not to follow, examples can be found in the articles for those (probably christians) who haven't read a bible

Yet again many christians will respond to this thread as christian hating propaganda .

Yet again this is another fine example of christians desperately attempting to inflict their delusion upon others in response to Allah getting a better deal these days than the godman jesus.

Which ever way you look at it, these two belief (delusions) systems Islam and christianity are equally abominable. The only way they can score points against each other is by attempting to force their beliefs upon other people whether directly or indirectly.

Personally I would be happy to consider going to go to court and swearing on a bible, on condition that all instructions to killing homosexuals, killing non virgins, misogyny, child rape, slavery, racism, human sacrifice etc were removed, now that would be one for the holy books.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Neither the Koran or the Bible really belong setting standards for modern day law and order. I mean the Bible was an eye for an eye, that's far too primitive for today's society. And yet billions seem to believe that the Bible's moral code is not only GOOD but that American society is actually based on it

Most religions have adapted to modern day and steered clear of the whole witch burning stoning parts. That's exactly what we need, religion that is willing to adapt rather than threaten to plunge the world back into the Dark Ages with fundamentalist zeal.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

And yet billions seem to believe that the Bible's moral code is not only GOOD but that American society is actually based on it

Ironically the US which is the most religious nation on earth and arguably the most christian operates according to Darwins natural selection on a global scale, they slaughter or enslave the weak to enrich themselves using their delusional belief system to justify their actions.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I thought Leviticus was proven to be instructions to priests only and not followers. Nice to see some backwards folk don't even know their own book very well. And it's always these daft folk that push it on everyone else.

But hey, this is Scottish law so this will NEVER happen.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
In Canada the the Protestant and Catholic churches took tax dollars to run residential schools which are considered Genocide.
What have the Scotish Xians done in regards to bringing justice to the "pedos in high religious and places of authority" scandle in Scotland?

If the Christians were to Honor the treaties they signed with the Indians,
Canada would be broke.

In the two world wars roughly 60 million Christians ( that's plus non Christian deaths) were killed...By Christians.

Some how I find it difficult to accept Christianity as a moral force.

The other problem is various sects of Islam and Christianity have both been financed, radicalized, and empowered by the Zionists and Globalists and the intelligence arms of Britu$rael.

So whatever they are persuing is what ever they are instructed to do to suit those agendas.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

But hey, this is Scottish law so this will NEVER happen.

If the Scots can release murdering terrorists from prison and fly them home to be hailed as national heroes, then there's every-chance they could embrace a book alleged to be written by a murdering terrorist eg yahwhe/jesus

Nothing surprises me when christians worm their way into office or positions of authority.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by The Djin]

[edit on 24-8-2010 by The Djin]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Originally posted by The Djin

Ironically the US which is the most religious nation on earth

Are you sure?

On what basis do you make this assumption?

and arguably the most christian

According to official figures this is true.

operates according to Darwins natural selection on a global scale, they slaughter or enslave the weak to enrich themselves using their delusional belief system to justify their actions.

Where is the relevance?

Sorry, don't see how having a moan about the US has any relevance in this thread.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

For clarification, who are you saying was a murdering terrorist?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Where is the relevance?

Irony

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
There has not been a positive theocracy on this planet in its history,not even a Buddhist one and there never will be one Ill take Admiralty and Common law over Leviticus any day.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

For clarification, who are you saying was a murdering terrorist?

Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset Al-Megrahi remains alive and well in Libya nearly a year after his early release and months after several doctors said the cancer-stricken terrorist was supposed to have died. Read more: www.nydailynews.com... 0xVv12qvW

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Thanks.

So which book did he write?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Once again a thread pops up wich seriously OVER-generalizes the subject... However dont expect threads popping up on the subject of "where is this hatred for christianity coming from".... This is only justified when Islam is being attacked....

And I was indeed wondering wich SINGLE "murdering" person wrote the bible...
Care to clarify?

When reading the bible, one should recognize the prophecy's written down in the book... It clearly speaks of a time when the religion proclaimed in the book would be abused and twisted into a pagan and false religion. For groups to surface wich actually compare with these prophecy's is to be expected. Heck even in the time of Jesus this was happening in abundance. However, most laws in existence today can be traced back to the bible. The moral code depicted is infact quite up-to-date...

[edit on 24/8/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
If a reader will read the entire Bible he will see that the OT are books of history, old laws, beautiful songs and proverbs.

According to the Christian faith I was taught and later studied in college God gave us Jesus to bring a new covenant to man. He made life much easier to live as a Christian.

I am a New Testament Christian. I have never plucked out anyone's eye when I got hit in my eye. Teeth I may have knocked out but that was not me following OT rules. I was just a mean girl.

For a person to understand the Holy Bible, Koran or any religious text it must be studied for many years before not making foolish statements.

But, I do not believe in mixing church and state. I do believe in freedom to worship any God we choose. I respect that right and will fight for it.

I sure would not want to be judged by religious doctrine in a court of law.
The sentence could be very harsh sometimes if I were to be judged by a religion that was different than mine.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Thanks.

So which book did he write?

Obviously is was not clear in my previous post that caused you to ask this. I've edited to add

Eg Yahwhe/jesus.
in my previous post,

sorry for the failure to communicate effectively the post should now read without misunderstanding.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

For a person to understand the Holy Bible, Koran or any religious text it must be studied for many years before not making foolish statements.

Strange, last time I read one of the bibles it didn't have an instruction to read it for many many years, actually it didn't come with a user guide at all.

So who exactly told you how to go about reading the bibles then dude ? A pastor ? A priest ? Your mother? Or did you just do what most Christians do and make it up as you go along ?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by dizziedame

Strange, last time I read one of the bibles it didn't have an instruction to read it for many many years, actually it didn't come with a user guide at all.

So who exactly told you how to go about reading the bibles then dude ? A pastor ? A priest ? Your mother? Or did you just do what most Christians do and make it up as you go along ?

You're responding to a girl, not a dude

And as to how the bible should be explained... Only the bible can teach you how to read the bible and understand it. Not a pastor, not a priest and most certainly not a mother... In fact, NO person can teach you how you should understand the bible..
Its a tedious task but the bible really does explain itself.. its a matter of following the breadcrums...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

You're responding to a girl, not a dude

Sorry dudette, should have known by the eye. Nice eye by the way Is it your eye ? Do you have another one ? I wish I had an eye like that, although two would be better, there again I could look silly with nice girls eyes and a blokes attitude.

And as to how the bible should be explained... Only the bible can teach you how to read the bible and understand it.

As the authors are unknown and much of the contents re worked and re edited over the centuries, the amount of inconsistencies, contradictions and factual errors then this is surely a monumental undertaking for any reasoning person.

At to this the lack of historical veracity in relation to characters and places then things really get messed up.

Not a pastor, not a priest and most certainly not a mother... In fact, NO person can teach you how you should understand the bible..

The problem you have there is that the bibles were written by people, men kind of people, so any claimed understanding, wisdom or authority is coming from men who lived centuries ago. Whether or not the information they imparted and put in these books is of some form of celestial origin cannot be evidenced.

Its a tedious task but the bible really does explain itself.. its a matter of following the

Tedious is an understatement watching snails mate has to be more exhilarating. Nevertheless, once one wades through the mire of inconceivability , inaccuracies and sheer barbarism one may find the odd gem of moral truth.

But the odd gem of wisdom or moral truth is not evidence of the moral authority of said works .especially in light of the fact that any of the gems of wisdom or moral truths can be found extant in many works that predate the bibles by hundreds if not thousands of years.
In other words nothing new here matey just another dogma that was enforced upon populations on pain of death or torture over the centuries.

If your argument based on truth to be found in the bibles makes a case for the bibles being the works of a god or contain the works of a god. Then it also presents an equally valid case for fortune cookies.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Thanks for the added clarification.

Who did Jesus murder or terrorise?

And which part of The Bible did he write?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join