It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong warns against Philippines travel after deaths

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Did you know that every Filipino friend and ....maybe..the whole country watched the hostage taking on TV..

They said that the hostage taker was a police..ironic..

But he said that he was framed for no reason at all and that is his reason why...

I feel a conspiracy.....

DDDDDDD

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I cant see this as an attack on Chinese,But more of an attack on a bus that would get some attention,If he had shot a bus load of poor Fillipinos ,this would not even make the news anywhere outside of Manila.This mad cop wanted attention and is this is more than a bus shooting.Watch the coming coverup.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I found this earlier today. 6 More Countries Issue Travel Alerts To Phillipines

Radio reports on Tuesday said following the Hong Kong travel ban, the governments of Indonesia, Thailand, Nepal, Iran, Pakistan and Russia also issued alert orders against travel to the Philippines.

I guess this is a little intense for a few other countries at the same time to?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It certainly raises question if the country's law enforcement were poorly trained, who is going to protect their own people, let alone the holidaymakers.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by damefool]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
hong kongers are pretty upset.

the bodies are coming back today.

aquino, that pos, was smirking yesterday while commenting to the press.

also he didn't answer any calls from CE tsang, coz he was "involved" with the
rescue efforts. good job! grrrrrr!

no wonder people try to kill his family.

my village has been pretty quiet. usually it's festive with the phillipino's
blaring music all day and night.

about 1/2 phillipino 1/2 chinese. 3 white guys, and a few muslims, that's the demo here.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by fooks]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
4 cops suspended
www.sbs.com.au...
But Cruz said it remained too early to say whether the victims had been shot by Mendoza or the police.

This is going to get ugly and more heads are sure to roll

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
aquino, that pos, was smirking yesterday while commenting to the press.

That moron drags the entire filipino people to a spat with the chinese government.

no wonder people try to kill his family.

Better that one idiot than the entire filipino people. Or maybe the filipinos rather start practicing how to please their upcoming chinese overlord.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
I just got back from the Phillipines after six weeks there and i dont really understand why the travel warning.Most people know that the island of Mindanao can be dangerous due to rebel activity but most of the Phillipines that i have traveled in is safe as long as you follow basic travelling etiquette.
I went to Mindanao my first trip to the Philippines but I was a little nervous there, but no problems, I avoided the western Mindanao and stuck to the north/northeast and it was fine, the rest of the country was fine too. I avoided Mindanao altogether on subsequent trips, I just didn't see the need to take chances when the rest of the country seems safer. I wouldn't hesitate to go back right now in spite of the travel warnings, I suspect it's safe.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Buni11687.....

Hong Kong warns against Philippines travel after death

I agree.....

Travelling after you're dead could be a problem.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
AHHKK!!! I was in such a hurry that I made a double post.

Please read my original post below.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by headb]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Somebody beat me to it!

Why not? I'm still stuck with the biz. Being busy keeps me from sharing more of this to you people, but in any case, this is first and foremost - disheartening. That was supposed to be Manila's finest, and yet they turned out to be the worst (law enforcers) [Manila's finest is a coined term by Gen. Eduardo Quintos, the first Filipino Police Chief ever]. Gen. Quintos would be very disappointed if he were alive.

Yes - it was appalling to see those police "swats" TRY to throw teargas canisters into the bus only to find it on the floor in their midst. And they weren't wearing any masks. Poorly equipped, poorly trained, yeah - the whole matter was handled haphazardly.

I could write more about the whole scenario, but since we still have to work to live, all I can say is that this is a once in a blue moon event. Lightning strikes. This sorta thing happens too seldom to warrant a travel ban especially this special case which doesn't seem to fit into a fanatic type of terrorism drama. It's more of a disgruntled police inspector officer who never expected things to get way outta hand.

Speaking of which... with policemen like these, who needs terrorists? Bad joke - just need to vent, i suppose.

Sorry I couldn't post more. I will find time.

[[ S.W.A.T. = Soldiers Without Any Training ]]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The policeman at the center of this siege was apparently very popular and described as a good man at his funeral.No comment
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm a Filipino

all i can say with this issue is that..
targeting the whole country with the one big mistake of few people is totally lame.
I sympathized the families of those victims and I know it was a really BIG loss for them.
Nobody ever wanted the tragedy. But it was also a big loss for the Philippines to think that the Hong Kong nationals canceled every flight to the Philippines. It was a shame for the people.

incidents like this could happen anywhere..

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by elaineguffus

true, but the gov has to place blame where needed.

no doubt the phillipine police screwed it all up.

he knew what bus to target. i am still pissed.

i just watched the mindanao massacre. i have many friends from there.

the place is messed up.

lol, the world is so screwed up it is not funny!

just think of the nobel prize winners! lol!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Duplicate post
edit on 9-10-2010 by Arbitrageur because: duplicate post deleted

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

yeah2
you have a point..

i don't think the philippine government can eradicate massive killings
just like what happened in mindanao... or to any parts of the country

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
my wife was appalled that he had an official funeral.

i said before, phillipino's are great, there are many that suck!

how do you say it? they are great people but some can do really nasty stuff.

actually she was livid.

we will never visit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join