It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico gunbattle closes U.S. highway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Article

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico | A gunbattle erupted between Mexican police and gunmen near the Rio Grande on Saturday, killing one person and prompting U.S. authorities to close a highway that runs along the border in El Paso, Texas.

The fighting escalated when federal police rushed to help, he said. One gunman was killed, and three municipal police officers were wounded.

El Paso police closed that city's border highway for about 30 minutes because of the shooting. City police said the U.S. Border Patrol asked for the shutdown.

Doug Mosier, a spokesman for the Border Patrol, said Paisano Street was closed "in the interest of public safety." He said that to his knowledge, it was the first time a street in El Paso has been shut down because of a shooting in Mexico.

Traffic was halted on a stretch running from downtown El Paso to the city's northwest, passing the University of Texas at El Paso, which overlooks the border.

This happend on Saturday, and I was suprised not to hear anything about this until now.

I dont really have much to say about this, other than this is another escalation of the war reaching into the US. This is nothing compared to what else has happend in Mexico recently, but more and more, this is moving across the border.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

If the US really tries to take down the ISI, there will be catastrophe in the US border with Mexico because the ISI could easily send the drug cartel arms and help them with intelligence to take over US towns after creating safe haven in Mexico.

It isn't just ISI that can do that, America is vulnerable to all its enemies now, just because they went to another continent for a fight forgetting about the problems in their back yard.

Iran, Venezuela, Russia, China, Syria....

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I lived in El Paso for two years. I even considerd buying property there.
Then I realzed what a dumbass I would be to stick around. Even in the mid-80's. local people referred to El Paso as "Northern Juarez". Was it a racist consideration or cultural consideration? You'd have to be a citizen of El Paso to make that judgement. I won't make that for you. I just didn't like the way things were going there at the time.

I'm happy I left. There's not enough water there anyway. Although I enjoyed raking my sand yard much more than I enjoy mowing my grass yard

This Mexican cartel stuff is far from over......Can you feel it? The "Mexican Attitude" is encroaching upon the once friendly and happy southwest.

I'm not saying bad things about Mexicans and Mexican citizens. I'm referring to governments. On both sides of the border.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Mods, plz move this to the breaking news forum~~~ ASAP!!!!

S&F~!! this is something that seriously needs flags ppl .. lets do it.. !!!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I was going to put this into Breaking, but this happend on Saturday. I had to search through a few pages of Mexico news just to find this. I didnt even hear a peep out of the evening news, or any headlines on anything. This was buried under other articles. Its like the mainstream news were trying to hide this.

If I caught this when it came out, it would of definantly been in Breaking.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Actually, it was posted on ATS...on Saturday. It was also on CNN.com as well as local news sites in this area. I wasn't far from where this happened. In fact, I was on my way to work, and passed between Porfirio and Executive blvd. Granted, this was after the fact...but had I left half an hour earlier, who knows.

Anyway, here's the post from Saturday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I stay in El Paso for half the week. I was considering moving there...
I'm seriously starting to rethink it though.

new topics

top topics

join