It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS ON FACEBOOK?? It's a bad idea....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

ATS ON FACEBOOK?? It's a bad idea....

www.facebook.com

Company Overview:AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular web site that covers a broad range of "alternative topics," which include conspiracy theories, political scandals, UFOs, paranormal experiences, and more. With nearly 10 million posts on over 500,000 topics from 100,000 members, you can say "the truth is in here."
Mission
eny Ignorance.
Products:Truth.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
media.abovetopsecret.com...
The governmental Database known as Facebook.
Google CEO Schmidt: No Anonymity Is The Future Of Web

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Anonimity is the main reason why I decided I could join ATS in the first place. I would be able to disscuss topics such as 911 seemed to good to be true back when everybody was believing the whole CNN story, and topics in regards to religion and how the whole idea of attending a church is like being part of a corporation, and only those who want to have a sense of belonging attend it, and why even those who do not attend a church but still pray are just practising a form of beggary. I could go on about other topics that sometimes I want to talk about to the people I meet everyday at work, or at home but sometimes ethics prohibit it.

If the people on my facebook page were to find out that I have legitimate proof that the government, police, banks, insurance companies, secret agencies, corporations, and pharmaceutical companies, are profiting off the lives of poor civilians it could be demoralizing to them and could seriously impact on my realtions with them.

I know that the good guy in me does want ATS to become even more popular than it is now and to put alternative topics out there instead of putting a lid on them, and I do admit that now more than ever before most of us are able to talk a lot more about alternative topics with our families instead of the usual Fox, Cnn crap that used to be fed to us in the 90's and early 2k's, thanks to ats, BUT; and this is a big but, the fact that any of us should put up a picture and profile and real name while disscussing these topics on the Govermental Data Base known as facebook is just not right.

www.facebook.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I agree. This place has become way to commercialized lately. I did a double take when I saw ATS went Facebook after countless topics of Facebook being connected with countless intelligence agencies.

I just don't see the point. If anything, it only lends more credibility to the "ATS Conspiracy".

Let's hope another good underground website didn't sell its soul. I'll be keeping on the down-low in regards to my postings around here. Not sure what facebook plugin could be tracking my identity.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well, the answer there is simple. Don't link your facebook page, if you have one, to your ATS account by way of saying who you are.

I personally do not care. I am relatively obscure anyway, but if someone wanted to find out who I was bad enough, they could. Hell, they could come knock on my door and I might even tell them what I think.
maybe.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I SAY NAHHHHHH AND NOOOOOOO AND NONNNNNNNN
AND NIETTTTTT AND SOUKA BAD IDEA
we dont need any of these silly site
we are ok the way we are now
without

YOUFACETWIT

ok maybe youtube is okay

[edit on 8/24/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
We don't need multiple threads on this, please use the announcement thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join