It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk evolution once and for all

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Not religous. Not even a little. Maybe you should choose your words more carefully. I posted the argument to argue the point, not because I care about the content or context. Im bored and this is as close as I can get to an intelligent discussion...very, very sad.

Anyways, I accept your retort. Please provide evidence to defend your point. Or just keep going on and on with whatever you are saying after I very specifically stated...twice...that I was not attacking you but providing a retort to your statement.

What is it with people on this site? I thought this was supposed to be about the free exchange of ideas that transcended the confines and decorum of typical media and societal expectations. But descend into the disgrace of just saying I am wrong because you don't like what I said. Its fun to make fun of people too.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This is very silly to me.... How do you compare computers to humans? Computers do not think independently. Let us "pretend" that humans did create computers. By that logic in thinking humans are like god?

If you want to dispute the theory of evolution - then why not point out that since the beginning of our study and documentation of life there has not been a single example of a species on earth that gains or looses chromosomes and becomes an entirely different species. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

There is no more solid proof of evolution than there is in the christian belief of "God."

After all science changes on a daily basis. What we think we know now will eventually be proven incorrect or obsolete. We only understand things that can be measured in our little space. These truths we hold true on earth have may no bearing beyond this sphere we call home - the words and concepts not will not be understood by any other than us.

So..... It is true because we make it so?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
A little research on the main man can reveal alot, it seems he was on
the fence a little more than most would know.

Darwin wrote in1879
"I have never been an athiest in the sense of
denying the existance of god"

Also wrote in 1879
"I think an agnostic would be the most correct
description of my mind"

In The lady of hope, published in1915 claimed that Darwin had reverted back toChristianity before his wife on his death bed.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
You know what really annoys me about all this god vs evolution malarchy.

WHY doe it have to be either or.

Maybe ....JUST MAYBE.......god created evolution.
Maybe ...just maybe he wanted mankind to evolve.

It is far more likely that if anything, evolution produced god.

Back when heaven was a primordial soup of apples, virgins and water vapor, out crawled the very first omnipotent being. It only had one spell and lacked the nouse to know what it was, but eons passed and via the process of evolution we have, today, he who is he!

Good ol' sparky. He likes playing with his chemistry set, and forcing his experiments to worship him or threatens then with a big fire. His hat has a propeller on it.

[edit on 24/8/2010 by badw0lf]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nottheonlyone

There is no more solid proof of evolution than there is in the christian belief of "God."

You must be kidding!!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrongStuff

The link you provided in no way, shape or form defended the OP's stance...

it was as follows..

The point is, if you examine computers without the knowledge of a creator, you can also conclude that they came to existence without any creator, that they steadily evolved and the other computers became extinct due to natural selection, and the survival of the fittest.

a simple program written by a couple guys cannot compare to the changes over time in biological cognitive life forms.. which brings me to the point that ..

no one would come to the conclusion computers evolved on there own period.

Don't get me wrong it would be nice if every time Windows was just about to crap out another "Blue Screen of Death it quickly learned from its mistake .. and wanting to have its kind live on.. instead crap out a better version of windows with like a self booting sequence .. then it could repair its poppa lololol . . . but it doesn't... and can not be seen as a proof of God creating life either..

you just lob crap outta nowhere & play high & mighty??

don't break your arm patting yourself on the back..

I too read this forum for intelligent conversations and I apparently failed..
your arguing a irrelevant point... just for fun??

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nottheonlyone

"then why not point out that since the beginning of our study and documentation of life there has not been a single example of a species on earth that gains or looses chromosomes and becomes an entirely different species. Please correct me if I'm wrong. "

Chromosome gain / loss appears to be a mammalian system, not just human.

en.wikipedia.org...

You did ask for correction.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Sweet. I was not in any way, shape or form defending the OP's post. I was disputing the claim that machines were not capable of replicaiton / reproduction and evolution.

I don't really know what else to say other than don't trip over your own ego on your way to crap out all that BS.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Evolution officially debunked. Nice try evolutionists, but your WRONG.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ShakeNBake

tl;dw

got some details?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

How does that video prove Creationists are right in any shape or form?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

You might want to look up observed speciation on wikipedia or talk origins. We have seen one species become another, that's all macro-evolution is. The only difference between micro and macro evolution is time scale. As micro-evolutionary changes occur over the course of successive generations they compound until the species is so different from its ancestors as to be a separate one entirely.

The man defending Evolution in the video is right, Laurence's arguments are about the evolution of the first life-forms, ABIOGENESIS, not evolution.

I love how he tries to equate abiogenesis with magic, despite the fact that Creationists believe in a supernatural, by definition MAGICAL, being who created (usually using magic) life. Gradual natural chemical processes versus Magic and he tries to pretend the two are the same

It is bad enough his whole argument is an attack on abiogenesis...

Did the DNA code program itself? Is this guy serious? What happens when Mommy's egg gets hit head on by Daddy's sperm, THE DNA COMBINES. Looks like a pretty automated system to me, and Evolution is variation via reproduction over the course of generations. That's all Evolution is, genetic variation over time caused by environmental factors (famine, climate change), population mechanics (groups moving off into isolation), mutations (frame shift anyone?), etc.

So the Creationist in the video attempts to debunk Evolution by attacking abiogenesis, which is entirely different, offering only a few re-hashed arguments for irreducible complexity and arguments from ignorance.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I cant see the signal my cell phone or router gives off, nor can i see gravity. With knowing and understanding that the question is how many other things that I cant see, or feel for that matter, are out there? The best advice i can give a person still searching for "god" or "truth" is, have faith in yourself! All religions are different in their own way but all of them point to the fact that humans are special and most humans feel that. Buddhism says you can become enlightened and know the secrets of the world, Mormonism says you can become god, and even Christianity says "ye are gods" and thats not just speaking to the judges, Christianity also says that the kingdom of heaven is inside humans, and god sits on the throne in his kingdom. So having faith in yourself is the best thing all people can do.

i wonder how many atheists there were 6000, 4000, 2000 years ago.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The Human Species and other Species, are some examples of "Biological Robotics"...

But what Produced "Biological Robotics" and what is experiencing such "Biological Robotics" ???

And what produced the Envionment for "Biological Robotics" ???

Without "Awareness" would anything exist ???

Is your "Entity" really Biological Robotics ???

Or is your "Awareness" (the real You) experiencing "Biological Robotoics" ???

I know my Body ("Biological Robot") but does any part of my anatomy know Me ???

You know your Body ("Biological Robot") but does any part of Your anatomy know YOU ???

[edit on 25-8-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
There are 2 videos on www.stopnwo.com... you should see. The 1st video on this web page is about the cells that could not have evolved, the parts of the cell all had to be created at the same time. The 4th video is by Lloyd Pye. He destroys evolution in this video. It is about 2 hours long, but worth every minute. He explains how apes and hominoids can not speak and the chances we evolved from them is impossible. Our bone thinkness and structure is different too.

They he explains how we were created at the DNA level and by whom. He also explains how long humans have been on earth.

Very worthwhile.

If you want to find out more about who and how we were created and how we were treated go to the web sites main page www.stopnwo.com... and go down the left side of the page until you get to the Enki tablets. It is all in there.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Irreducible Complexity. Really? Again?

And might I just point out that there is no such thing as "macroevolution?" It's a made-up term conjured out of nothing by creationists who want a latinate term for "I don't know the first thing about what I'm talking about."

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Every time I see a post like this, it takes me back to this comic:

www.smbc-comics.com...

Philosophy is not a form of science. And neither is economics, just for good measure!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
No "Philosophy" in my Last Post.... Only the Facts....

People who believe the human body is "Aware" of anything at all, are perhaps victims of hearing voices in their heads....

The Human Species is nothing more or less, than "Biological Robotics"...

It is; what is experiencing both the "Species" and its "Environment" which is LIVING and Not the Species....

[edit on 25-8-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Looked like the Socratic method as interpreted by a third-grader to me.

But it's late and i'm a bit off, so.. .N oworries

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Don't you think

It is time we stop pontificating and providing lip service to those spiritual values which religious and secular philosophers have been discussing for millennia and finally put them into practice. While there are endless scientific and superstitious opinions about who we are and where we have come from, the most important issue at hand exists in the here and now. In view of the terrible suffering and questionable future of the human race, worrying about if god created the universe…or if we were created by extraterrestrials…or even if we are a product of evolution and celestial matter, is meaningless. Big Bang or no Big Bang, it doesn’t change the problems we have now. We cannot wait for some divine revelation or some “great man” to guide us. We must realize that we are on our own on this planet and it is up to us to change the world for the better. Science is the tool for this functional spirituality and if we work to apply its method for the betterment of civilization itself, we can reach the spiritual goals we have sought since antiquity. Mister

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join