It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk evolution once and for all

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Actually I quoted the OP but good looking out on the first opportunity to run your fat mouth without first reviewing the facts ...or the rest of my post. And yes. God comes to me in dreams every night. He says that people who post on Blogs and think too highly of their self important opinion have herpes of the butt. I usually differentiate between dreams and reality by coming onto ATS and reading the drivel posted here daily. It keeps the peace of my dreams in check when smashed in the face by the schmuck city that has become the "intellect" of the common...and I underscore common...person

[edit on 24-8-2010 by TheWrongStuff]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Ah, the watchmaker argument.

1) Watches are complex
2) Watches have a watchmaker
THEREFOR
1) The universe is complex
2) The universe has a universemaker.

This is a false analogy. Here, let me show you.

1) Leaves are flat green mats of cellulose
2) Leaves grow on trees
THEREFOR
1) money is flat green mats of cellulose
2) Money grows on trees

Or how about...

1) Wanda Sykes cursed a lot in her standup act
2) Wanda Sykes is a black woman
THEREFOR
1) George Carlin cursed a lot in his standup act
2) George Carlin is a black woman

And again, there's the question, "who created the creator's creator's creator's creator's creator's creator's creator's creator's creator's creator?"

Further, all empirical evidence we have - that is, observed, measured, repeated and verified information - points to there not being any sort of creator. The presumption of a creator may be philosophically as valid as not, but in the realm of actual science, it's evidence that works, not philosophical bumbling. Provide evidence of a being capable of creating a universe in the way a watchmaker makes a watch, and you'll be making a great step both for your beliefs and for science.

Next. If we find a computer, we mus assume a computer-maker made it, right? After we find the computer, we find a lovely chiffon dress just laying there. Do we suppose the computer-maker made that as well? No, we assume someone different, a tailor made it. Further on we find a discarded cabinet set. Clearly the work of someone! The computer-maker? The tailor? No, we have to assume it's the handiwork of a third person, the carpenter! So then why do you assume that a rabbit-maker is the same as the sun-maker is the same as an anus-maker?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
evolution is a fact deal with it

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by donotinducevomiting
evolution is a fact deal with it

Not only that!! The alternative theory involves a TALKING SNAKE!! Yet a talking snake is still more probable for them than evolution for which we have an overwhelming amount of evidence.

How much "evidence" (lol) is there for the talking snake theory?

This subject has been beaten to death so many times. It's a useless discussion though, because rational people can't talk about logic and rationality with people who claim BELIEF as FACT.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

!! Talking Snakes!!

...and.....guess what, "You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the US Senate."

!!!
(But, we already knew that, didn't we?)

[edit on 24 August 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You know what really annoys me about all this god vs evolution malarchy.

WHY doe it have to be either or.

Maybe ....JUST MAYBE.......god created evolution.
Maybe ...just maybe he wanted mankind to evolve.
maybe he inserted into our DNA to evolve.

get off the godly high horse and stop bashing evolution as is it can truely exist amongst creationism.

the whole arguement for one or the other is ridiculous as both can coincide quite happily with each other can it not.

Tibetans have mutations in numerous genes related to how the body uses oxygen. A comparison of the genomes of 50 Tibetans and 40 Han Chinese shows that ethnic Tibetans split off from the Han less than 3,000 years ago and since then rapidly evolved a unique ability to thrive at high altitudes and low oxygen levels.

source

now because the Tibetians have EVOLVED does that mean that god does not exist....GET REAL

stop your Evolution bashing and get a real life.... I am FInally Annoyed.

I personally dont believed in jesus or GOd as being the creator of the human race.

I believe we were happily EVOLVING and then some off worldy race messed with our DNA and just presented themselves as our GOD/GODS to keep the primitives under control....But that is just my opinion.

but i am not going to force it as gospel onto others as we are an intelligent race that makes a great many mistake in which we learn from(evolve).

we dont only physically evolve but we also intellectually evolve.

least some people do unless otherwise brainwashed to only believe in one possible option taught to you by MAN.

It is wonderful to have beliefs but to think that your one belief isthe only belief over all others is complete blindness.

Now i anxiously wait for all the bible thumping quotes to follow.

SO just go nuts and bash away...i always do enjoy the narrow mindeness.

My god is Crom whom sits on his mountain and counts the dead.

Conan the Barbarian.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Evolution vs Creationism discussion in 3 pictures:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5fe8363ed5f4.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce6b3130af46.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2119bbf4aeba.jpg[/atsimg]

Evolution vs Creationism discussion in 3 pictures:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Evolution doesn't prove or disprove any creator realities or delusions. But, evolution is a proven fact and does exist and conflicts with the traditional hardcore religious views that have belief sets that include a 6000 year old world. Which, I might add is preposterously inane.

There are thousands of pieces of evidence that can be found where you can watch evolution in action right before your eyes (under a microscope). So I'll just give you one.

Swine Flu.

You can figure out the rest. Reproduction rate affects how quickly evolution works.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrongStuff

Actually I quoted the OP but good looking out on the first opportunity to run your fat mouth without first reviewing the facts ...or the rest of my post. And yes. God comes to me in dreams every night. He says that people who post on Blogs and think too highly of their self important opinion have herpes of the butt. I usually differentiate between dreams and reality by coming onto ATS and reading the drivel posted here daily. It keeps the peace of my dreams in check when smashed in the face by the schmuck city that has become the "intellect" of the common...and I underscore common...person

Wow you got a temper there bro' you do realize of course that Herpes we now know is caused by a virus, which simply cannot exist in your paradigm.

The reason for this is that your god forgot to create it, no don't go there's more ...

Yous see according to the god books called the bibles, illness is caused by demons so viruses such as herpes must belong to the genus Atheistevolutionisttypeanimalia . So you see, if I do have Herpes of the butt and it's found to be a virus, then your imaginary friend that lives in the sky will remain imaginary.

If however, in the very unlikely event that my herpes in the butt was found to be caused by a demon then every living soul on the planet that has ever had to suffer the horror of herpes has the mangod to thank for it.

Now what kind of sick and twisted bastard type character would create a demon to go out upon the earth to cause misery and suffering to millions ?

That's right, got it in one the imaginary man that lives in the sky ,

Fortunately the reasoning "evolving" naked monkey man invented medicine to shoo away those nasty demons dressed up as tiny little evolving viruses.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

There are thousands of pieces of evidence that can be found where you can watch evolution in action right before your eyes

Correct and the most obvious is hidden in plain sight "language"

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Religious belief is just that - a belief, nothing more, nothing less.
And that is the problem with all religions, believers in religion take it as the truth.
Their basis for trying to espouse the truth as they see it is to quote from the Bible, Koran, Torah etc etc.
But these books were written by people who also just believed.
And that is why there are the diverse religions in the world, and even divisions withing these same religions.
Sunni/Shi'ite Islam
Roman catholics/Southern baptists/Angicans/Methodists/TV Evangelists /Orthodocs Christianity
Orthodocs and non-orthodocs Judaism

If the truth is out there, why are there so many different versions?
If god exists and is all powerful, then there surely would be only one truth, instead of the many that there are now, as god would let us know the one and only truth?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
your joking right?

computers DO NOT THINK.

there is no computer out there self replicating little tiny improved computers.. hence "evolving" like you suggest..

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It is really not difficult to comprehend.

Computers have a known origin, known in full and well documented, verified and authenticated.

If they didn't then sure someone would come up with a wackadoo theory about how they were created.(Then write a book)
If enough people bought into said theory, it would become a religion.
Based on a best guess and taken purely on faith in generation 0.
Of course as time passes and generations of impressionable children have been indoctrinated by their well meaning parents and the Church of the BSOD.
Until there would be no other possible explanation, because the book saying so is old and ergo must be correct.

People and their beliefs *sigh*.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

it's not you, its because i hate this site.

www.news.cornell.edu...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrongStuff

it's not you, its because i hate this site.

www.news.cornell.edu...

the article says..

it performs no useful function except to self-replicate

Again, there is NO sentient Artificial Intelligence...

trying to one up my statement with a "only programmed to replicate" machine does nothing to change the fact that the OP was incorrectly juxtaposing a non-sentient evolution of a man made machine to the biological wonder that is Life on our planet Earth...

as I used to ask in my SDA High School.. Why could not it be God set evolution in motion?? Which always lead to the "God is perfect" defense of "created in God's image" routine...

this whole topic is off keel ...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You changed the context of your argument to defend your stance. You said there were no self replicating computers capable of evolution. The article says that they can self replicate and eventually repair themselves in space. Once again, its not you, its the constant non stop ignorance being blared on this site 24/7.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by seagrass

I am not a religious person (I wasn't speaking about Jesus "popping in for tea"), so could you explain this to me? Why is it the last thing they need?

Perhaps I should have said "want" maybe.

Well if it is their deity they readily admit to falling very short of it's standards so it's off to hell.

If it's standards only require a belief then their off to heaven -

WITH ME
When I look at the "creations" of this planet.... I don't see a judgmental "god". I see one that allows/creates all kinds and types. If a deity had "standards" it seems to me it would only create good and beautiful things. Yes I see polarity and duality like heaven/hell....but I see much that is in the gray areas as well. Duality exists whether you have a "belief" about it or not.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This thread is ridonkulous.

I mean, really? Equating the theory of human evolution with the evolution of technology? It's just a synchronicity, which is only evidence of a god other than the monotheistic figure who apparently visited this single planet out of an entire UNIVERSE of space. Oh yeah, not to mention that this god told humans to rule over the planet and its animals, knowing that we would be inclined to sin and mess it up repeatedly!

I can't believe this many people responded. This is why science and religion will never get along; because each tries to play like it's the other.

And "god" spoke to it's children:

"Play nice now."

riiiight.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrongStuff

LOL ..

no..

its a software program and can not be compared to a consciousness surviving by adapting to its environment...

the Human its doing the thinking...

your just flat out wrong..

where not in the Matrix yet..

there is no Terminator...

so.. its apples & orange's to try to even compare the evolution of any type of machine to a biological life form...

that crap only fly's at your bible study meetings...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I have an inkling that someone saw the last episode of Futurama and thought "That's a good idea!"

It was afterall about how Professor Farnsworth got sick of earth and it's incessant arguing over evolution, said "I cant live here anymore" and flew to a distant planet with his nano bots that could turn toxic stuff into green products - which when set free, started to evolve. They discovered trilloBots in the lakes which kept on evolving.

Eventually, a race of intelligent robots captured the prehistoric 'bio-organisms' of Farnsworth and crew as proof of evolution and the same arguments went on, but this time from the slant of the robots having a creator, as opposed to evolving.

Till farsnworth says "Yess, it was I who made you, uhh from my nanotbots!" and the robot equivalent of farsnworth said "I cant live on this planet anymore" and flew away to a different planet.

Poor Oozy, plagiarizing Fox....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join