It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk evolution once and for all

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I never suggested in my post that evolution is not real, that has already been established throughout this thread, Whether evolution exists doesn't effect the post you made your reply to.

Did you even understood what I said? If you did could you please write it down in your words.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Threads like this are a waste of time, but I felt like ranting so here you go.

You do realize that technology cannot sexually reproduce, right? Biology is far more complex than technology. It is a complex adaptive system which revises its generational weaknesses through natural selection. That said, human beings are unique from other animals in that they carry somewhere in the neighborhood of four thousand genetic disorders, many of which kill affected offspring well before they get the chance to reproduce. We also carry genetic codes for other animals like birds or fish which seems really out of place doesn't it? Our closest genetic relative is the primate, but it carries a full two chromosomes more than us. I repeat, we have two fewer chromosomes than our closest biological relative. And what of those two? Upon closer examination, they're fused in us. I am of the mind that humans were genetically engineered by extra terrestrials long ago who wanted cheap slave labor. This would account for the less-than-righteous ancient 'deities' described as wielding terrible weapons and demanding absolute obedience. You think a humanoid ghost with infinite magic powers crafted the cosmos for people to admire at night as he enslaved them by day to an eternity of fear and subservience to churches and monarchs?

Then again, it's not quite so simple as any of that. Mass evolutionary periods in the fossil record fall into even spikes of about sixty-two million years, give or take about three million. I don't recall the name of the two researchers who established this trend, but this isn't entirely my research either. According to David Wilcock (and I can hear some of you groaning already, but he often makes a lot of sense), the galaxy generates waves of radiation carrying genetic information which revise existing life forms each time a new wave passes by. The last time such a scenario occurred on earth was sixty-five million years ago, which for those of you who don't know was the end of the dinosaurs. Mainstream archeology already acknowledges that every species of dinosaur in the late Cretaceous died out mysteriously, before the infamous asteroid cataclysm. The trend continues on into primordial history, even in the absence of any notable catastrophe that could account for the extinction rates.

What I'm saying here is that the notion of intelligent design on the part of some angry Hebrew war god is idiotic. According to the above theory, any planets suitable for life in the galaxy would naturally develop human organisms and if you're in any way familiar with the notion of our collective unconscious, many of our innate archetypes and ideas, perhaps even including technologies, exist in a field of awareness outside time and space. If you've never heard of the hundred monkey syndrome, you ought to look that up too. The electric model of the universe is also highly relevant, but I won't get into that here.

As a species we've become far too polarized. Either it has to be a random accident or a fairy godfather that made everything the way it is today. I'm not saying these are the right answers either, but think outside the box once in a while, will ya? It may seem like we're in the future and know better than anyone else by now, but this is still the dark ages. The vast majority of ancient wisdom has been lost, stolen, or burned by Catholics. We live in an age where it's an acceptable loss for entire nations to be laid waste for no adequately explained reason, where our political leaders are either entertainers and lawyers, where consumption is a cultural foundation, and religion, the notion of divine union, is being reduced to a spectacle of blind faith in and a literal interpretation of parables that were written and rewritten thousands of years ago by powerful men.

Personally, I can't see the appeal in willful ignorance. It's not just the religious community that rejects new ideas, but notoriously the scientific community too. I mean the notion of gravity hasn't been revised since Issac Newton, a damn Alchemist, postulated that mysterious magical force of attraction which binds the world together. This isn't even about me or what I think. Screw me. The issue isn't whether any of my opinions are valid or not. There is a disease that affects this entire planet, that compels us to destroy each other and ourselves however possible. It's not God's fault, nor is it the Devil's. It's not an accident either, because that's just another way of shirking off responsibility for history and the future we hold in our hands today. There are people in power, both elites and the masses in general, who believe it is their destiny to destroy the world and usher in an era of eternal life, people who call darkness light. There's an entire generation out there now that never believed in anything, my generation. Everyone talks like the next generation is gonna solve all the problems all the others handed off to them like it's trash and we can take it out tomorrow. I'm obviously going off topic, but may I think it's important people hear this kind of thing. However, I am sorely disappoint by the frequency of defeatistic responses I see to any declaration of the real problems. Everywhere, people have given up thinking about the obvious solutions to any of life's problems while they wait for the hot new product everybody's raving about to come out. On ATS, for instance, the default response to any crushing new challenge to future livelihood is treated as a force of nature.

God does not hate you. God is not a man, and thus is not bound by our pettiest emotions like jealousy or anger. You are not powerless. These are not the end times, and there is no reason to be afraid of ANYTHING. There is no reason in an age of limitless information to cling to arcane notions of reality, and this is not the time to give up. Faith in yourself and in Our mistakes are learning tools. We are all given the choice to create or to destroy. Destruction is effortless and easy. Oblivion is always just around the corner. Creativity is an act of divinity, and the only true path to self-realization and happiness. Reality is as you imagine it, and functions according to your every fear and desire. The world must choose to exist in fear or in love. There must be a choice, for fear is but the absence of love. Is any of this getting through to anyone? I certainly hope so.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Syrus Magistus

I didn't even bother reading that massive post of yours, the thread discussion has evolved from debunking to understand the overall picture of the system we are in..

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I understand that you are viewing the universe wrongly. Reality is reality. There it is, in front of your eyes. The brain takes the raw data and turns it into something useful. Yes of course color does not exist and all that. But it is still reality.

There is no way it affects us as a system. Evolution is real. It shows the transition of species from one for to another. It shows that nature is chaotic and choses only the most fit. There is no deception to reality. For if there was, it would make God a deceiver, and therefor satanic.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by Syrus Magistus

I didn't even bother reading that massive post of yours, the thread discussion has evolved from debunking to understand the overall picture of the system we are in..

That's too bad, because there was a lot of good stuff in there.

And he was actually addressing what you just said, so....go read it.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by oozyism

I understand that you are viewing the universe wrongly. Reality is reality. There it is, in front of your eyes. The brain takes the raw data and turns it into something useful. Yes of course color does not exist and all that. But it is still reality.

There is no way it affects us as a system. Evolution is real. It shows the transition of species from one for to another. It shows that nature is chaotic and choses only the most fit. There is no deception to reality. For if there was, it would make God a deceiver, and therefor satanic.

I will ask you again, can you post what I said in your own words?

I'm sure you didn't understood what I said..

Do you disagree that we view the RuneScape Universe through a RuneScape character>? But the designer can view the game inside out, meaning every place, every integer, every variable, every constant, every word that you speak in the game, it is all there, the designer can view it just like that if he wishes.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

I don't create threads and don't read the posts, I was just angry that he started his post by claiming threads such as these are useless.. I still read his post, but will refuse to comment due to his own statement.

Why would I comment and help him think when he thinks this thread is useless??

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Because you made the thread for the express purpose of getting feedback. Negative feedback is just as important as positive. Find out why he thinks this thread is useless, ya might learn something.

Personally, I think it's useless because ultimately, the thread is about debunking evolution. Did you really think you or some internet scientist here was gonna finally crack that nut, win a nobel prize or something?

More like you had a cool idea that supports your beliefs(and they were cool, I liked the runescape reference) and wanted to share. Good for you. BUt the thread is fail based on the titles premise. Shoulda named it something less inflammatory.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I view the run scape world as a bunch of people waisting their time. I have no connection to this world. Why should I care about that which sucks the life out of people with nothing better to do?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by oozyism

I view the run scape world as a bunch of people waisting their time. I have no connection to this world. Why should I care about that which sucks the life out of people with nothing better to do?

Really, I see people watching nascar as people wasting their time. People that watch tv is wasting their time. But who am I to judge? People are free to spend their free time however they like. Least their doing something that is economical, safe, and constructive.

You missed the point anyway.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Just a few of the components discovered through R&D… Involving the Workings of the Soul in conjunction with LIFE or Awareness.

Some of these “Components” can be seen displayed in Architectural Décor around the world… often displayed in the form of mosaics as well as in windows ceilings etc…

(I am hoping these drawings are big enough to see the detail.)

This first Drawing is the "Partition Map" the Mind looks through…

If you look at a White surface i.e. a white wall making sure your eyes do not shift and blink your eyes rapidly as in REM the same image will appear stretched over your sight. It is important though to make sure while blinking Not to allow the eyes to look up and down but keep your eyes fixed on a single spot on the wall.
If you take careful note of what is in your Vision, you will soon see the image of this Partition Map. It is dim, so you need to look intently... You should be able to make out the little blue Octagons at least, seen larger in your vision.

There are two Permanent library formats, where the “Books” (program Books) can be located…

The first is Hexagonal which contains all the “Images”…

This Drawing shows a group of 7 Registers (Hexagonal Format) and the Star Format (Access Port) these can be accessed by.

This involves both Vertical & Hexagonal Registers…

And the horizontal Hexagonal Registers

This Drawing shows the 5 Rings of Hexagons referred to as the 5 Trees in the Ancient Christian Writings.

And the Pentagonal Registers which Contains the “Stories”.
This Drawing shows The “Inner” Registers of The Pentagonal Libraries, and the Star which accesses them.

And the 4 Rings of Pentagons…

This next Drawing shows the 4 Pentagonal Permanent Libraries, the Temporary Corner Libraries and access Port (Star).

This final drawing shows an example of one of the "access Ports". This is One of the Formats used to access Libraries.

These are some of the formats, involved with the "Processing System" which presents what you see and experience...

[edit on 3-9-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

Well I do judge. People sitting around doing nothing is wasting time. At least have something educational or amazing on. But sitting around the modern circus maximus and watching mechanical horses go around in circles? The hell is that?

Sorry, my life is too important to waste on such Trivial stupidities. Sure I play video games. But I look at the story. No story, nothing to learn. nothing to learn, no play.

So yea, I think I do get the point. In that layering the universe into more than it is is pretty useless.

It's like the difference between a Corinthian column and a plain square pillar. They both do the same thing, so why waste time decorating something when you can just put up a blank pillar and be done? I don't decorate my universe. The universe is a pillar. You can enjoy your Corinthian columns. But they won't get you anywhere. They'll just look pretty. Pillars, placed right, do so much more.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Like I said. Why? Why decorate? Why show off? Is there a point? oh look, my home looks better than you're home. Now I do agree with some Arabic styles sure. But it's pointless if it does nothing for the flow and continuality of the structure. Why make all those patterns when you can make something far better that invokes so much more.

I fail to see the need for all that decor and, well no offense, but architectural bullsh*t when you can have a simple thing that does its job and does it beautifully.

Just another example. Why put a facade on the building when you can have beautiful structure that needs no attached on silliness.

It's the difference between ultra modernist versus 19th century neoclassical. Decor versus solidity perhaps. All this crap that 10,000 years of human creation as made is not needed. The simple structures of the cavemen were more useful than some of the ultra decorated piles of crap in some cities and palaces.

As an architect in training, it is simple. You draw a line. You modify that line to create space. The space has a purpose that the owner of the structure decides. You invoke thought and disjunction and such things with these simple lines. You don't need this decorated crap. If geometry serves the structure well and creates space, you use it. You don't decorated for no reason.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Gigatronix :

You missed the point anyway.

I'm gonna give you one more try see if this new method I mastered works:

1. have you ever played a "Massively multiplayer online role-playing game" (MMORPG).
If you haven't please read a little more here.

Here is some relevant part which will take me to my next question:

computer role-playing games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual game world.

The highlighted part is equivalent to our current Universe.

players assume the role of a character (often in a fantasy world) and take control over many of that character's actions

The first highlight is equivalent to a human being.

In nearly all MMORPGs, the development of the player's character is a primary goal. Many MMORPGs feature a character progression system in which players earn experience points for their actions and use those points to reach character "levels", which makes them better at whatever they do.

As you can see, we have objectives, those objectives are defined by who? By the creator of the game, sometimes you can ask the creator of the game to change the objectives, and sometimes they will do it, sometimes they won't, ultimately it is up to the creator, it is all under his command, inside out..

This Universe is the same, we have objectives, just because we refuse to follow those objectives doesn't mean we don't have any..

Now this leads me to my second question:
Do you know much about computers?

For example if I talk about "client-server system architecture", would you know what I'm talking about?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

edit

im ejecting out of this one

[edit on 3-9-2010 by idonotcollectstamps]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrus Magistus
I repeat, we have two fewer chromosomes than our closest biological relative. And what of those two? Upon closer examination, they're fused in us. I am of the mind that humans were genetically engineered by extra terrestrials long ago who wanted cheap slave labor.

Gosh, that's a big leap. We have less chromosomes, therefore aliens engineered us for cheap labor.

Perhaps you should brush up on your understanding of genetics.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Given that we don't "play in a virtual universe" from a 3rd person perspective, your hole theory bears no meaning.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
This Universe is the same, we have objectives, just because we refuse to follow those objectives doesn't mean we don't have any..

The universe is not the same as a virtual environment and we have no objectives to follow other than either to adhere to biological and physical parameters and the objectives that we choose.

Game design theory is little more than a repackaging of the old watchmaker argument, or argument from design, except now the watch is simply a digital role playing game.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think this might come as a shock to some, but have you ever thought about the possibility that there is no higher meaning behind life? Life could just "be" without any higher meaning.

If you walk down the street, and a steel beam falls down of you and kills you instantly...you could either say "it was god's will" to make you feel better, or say "the crane operator was careless".

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Call me crazy but I don't have any objectives in life other than to eventually die, and that's not really an objective as it is inevitable. Food and water are not objectives for me, they are laid out where I need them. I don't exactly make it my objective to eat and drink. I make it one of the many rubber-bands of my rubber-band life. Just part of the ball of constants. I am blessed not to worry about such things so I say thanks to God and do not.

Maybe I'm just "out" of the system. Because I don't have any goals or objectives for life. Supposedly God says to do a bunch of things, but I do them by my nature because of how I was raised. So again they are not objectives. I'm sinful sure. But the only thing that stops my sinful ways is being lazy and not desiring to do them. A sin stopping a sin. Do I try to stop? Yes. Is that an objective? No I do not think so. I think it's just the natural order of things. Change the behavior, change the mind.

I have no goals to obtain. I've played video games both massive multilayer and not, and they've had more objectives than I do in life. In that they have them and I do not. Massive Multilayer I have no desire for probably because they do not fit with my life. They have objectives. I do not. I don't want objectives, so I don't play the game.

If you want a picture of my life and where it's going, imagine a vast desert with massive collections of materials spread across the field. I pretty much just make stuff when I'm bored. Otherwise I take out my water and food and chill in the desert. I observe, intervene occasionally, and go on with my life. I'm pretty much like a ghost with a body. I watch. When I am needed I intervene to stop something. Then I return to watching the natural order of things and not doing much else.

Where God wants me he'll lead me without it being an objective. I've more than enough times in my life felt like a pebble in current being brought to places to do things, but with no specific goal to do them.

My life is pretty much a vast desert wasteland. I make stuff with the crap laying around when I'm bored, otherwise I pretty much just chillax. And because my career choice is synonymous with my recreational laziness, I'm pretty much not going to worry about money. I'm very stoic. I don't need a lot of money. I basically need food, water, and the occasional program to make stuff when I'm bored. Not rich. Not poor. Just existing. In fact it gets depressing sometimes. Just existing. No goals, not aspirations. But Pretty much that part of my mind learns to live with it.

Sorry, but I pretty much am the perfect picture of a kid in the sandbox with no point to existence.

I've had my depression from my existential crisis. But I've come to accept that nothing I do will be remembered. That the whole world is a corpse and doomed to die eventually. That no act of man can stop the inevitable closure of his existence and the erasure of all that proved he ever existed.

I take the stoic words of the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius well:

"Or is it your reputation that's bothering you? But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands."

Pretty much, I act in good nature to the best of my abilities. To those who desire to know why I am how I am and good at it, I explain my faith. If they see the light and become like me, God bless. If they do not, It is not my soul and it is not my place, other than to pray for them and move on.

No I am not sure exactly how that relates to the topic at hand anymore, but your MMO example cannot be applied to me.

reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Like always, wtf is a space fairing civilization doing with biological labor?

I mean really? Ok I can understand chillaxing all bored and designing random things than hitting it. But labor? really? that's your best example for why?

Sometimes I really desire to understand how their brains work. That they could miss the big fat captain obvious sign for robots.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Gorman91]

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join