It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk evolution once and for all

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

In the scenario robots are replicas of biological beings, meaning they can have intercourse and have babies..

and no when I say fossil, I mean their own fossil, what ever they are made off. This is an imaginary scenario so don't think about possibility, imagination is what you need to truly understand what I'm talking about..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Not all atheists believe in facts. Just like every christian or jew doesnt share the same the same beliefs.

Evolution is not fact and there is too much evidence against it. Evolution itself no scientist in his right mind would say is fact. They would say its a theory because we dont have the evidence to support it as a fact. Atheists who think evolution is a fact are just as daft as right wing fringe religious zealots who think every word of the bible is true.

I think some people on the board are confused or dont know taht evolution is not fact. Seriously go to school take some genetics classes and you can learn more about this from experts and not other hipster idiots sitting around a bar half drunk espousing opinions on soapboxes drinking pabst beer.

HaHa, I always find it laughable that people accept a theory as fact. I mean seriously I know people are stupid but every day humanity finds a way to one up itself on stupidity and in this thread I see alot of that.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
Not all atheists believe in facts. Just like every christian or jew doesnt share the same the same beliefs.

Evolution is not fact and there is too much evidence against it. Evolution itself no scientist in his right mind would say is fact. They would say its a theory because we dont have the evidence to support it as a fact. Atheists who think evolution is a fact are just as daft as right wing fringe religious zealots who think every word of the bible is true.

I think some people on the board are confused or dont know taht evolution is not fact. Seriously go to school take some genetics classes and you can learn more about this from experts and not other hipster idiots sitting around a bar half drunk espousing opinions on soapboxes drinking pabst beer.

HaHa, I always find it laughable that people accept a theory as fact. I mean seriously I know people are stupid but every day humanity finds a way to one up itself on stupidity and in this thread I see alot of that.

No, that's simply wrong.

The theory of evolution isn't a fact, evolution is.

We know things evolve, the theory is trying to explain the mechanism behind it.

You can criticize the THEORY of evolution, that is natural selection all you want, as it does have some flaws and has a good chance of being proven wrong.

But evolution itself is an observed fact.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by Barcs

In the scenario robots are replicas of biological beings, meaning they can have intercourse and have babies..

and no when I say fossil, I mean their own fossil, what ever they are made off. This is an imaginary scenario so don't think about possibility, imagination is what you need to truly understand what I'm talking about..

It's completely imaginary and makes no sense. What on earth does this have to do with evolution. I mean either the robots evolved or they didn't. Do they have DNA? If they do, and are designed biological beings then they probably did, but you can't discount the fact that they suddenly showed up, which indicates they were made or brought there.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Barcs]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

everything evolves.. 6 types of evolution, only one has been observed therefore is hard science, the rest is theory and belief based..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

I can't force you to understand it, you have no sense of imagination and can't examine theories from different point of view, from different scenarios etc..

If you can't do that then why are even bothered trying to discuss something which has been formed fundamentally through imagination and then slowly build up and add evidence on top..

I don't think you will get it..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

evolution itself is an observed fact.

You guys are using the wrong terms, but you love the topic so let me throw 2 terms out there and then a wika link so you guys can learn more about the topics you love. Evolution itself is NOT a fact, its kind of like saying all ice cream is the same but it isnt, there is vanilla ice cream, and a favorite of mine CHERRY GARCIA! More important then this discussion is if you dont know what Cherry Garcia is then go get it and fall in love all over again, the science and debate can wait. But your life isnt worth living without knowing of the delights of Cherry Garcia.

See so Evolution is actually a broad word which is fine for everyday use but in a debate you need to know the terms. Macro evolution is the long term theory people came from ooze. Micro evolution is more like why some moths are white and some black. Personally I cant argue with micro evolution and only a fool would argue against microevolution sicne its a slam dunk as our buddy Karl Rove would say. However Macro evolution, ahhhh that is where the inquiry and research is, since there is no facts supporting macro evolution for human beings or any other species. Doesnt mean evolution on a grand scale didnt happen it just means we dont know yet. Just like people who thought the world was flat, they had no reason not to think so until some kook sailed around the world! Now we know the earth is round and who knows what the future holds. But to presume that someone on this board has the answers that science cant find to state that it is a fact that humans came form goo then their just blabbering. But blabber away if you must but at least now you can know what your blabbering about and work in more big works to sound even more super SMRT!(

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

everything evolves.. 6 types of evolution, only one has been observed therefore is hard science, the rest is theory and belief based..

That's because it would take millions of years to observe speciation in macro evolution.

How do you explain vestigial limbs if macro evoluton isn't correct?

You're basically saying small things evolve but big things don't, which doesn't make any sense at all.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
[edit on 30-8-2010 by tigpoppa]

I'm guessing you didn't even read the links you sent to me.

The term "macroevolution" frequently arises within the context of the evolution/creation debate, usually used by creationists alleging a significant difference between the evolutionary changes observed in field and laboratory studies and the larger scale macroevolutionary changes that scientists believe to have taken thousands or millions of years to occur. They may accept that evolutionary change is possible within species ("microevolution"), but deny that one species can evolve into another ("macroevolution").[1] Contrary to this belief among the anti-evolution movement proponents, evolution of life forms beyond the species level ("macroevolution", i.e. speciation in a specific case) has indeed been observed multiple times under both controlled laboratory conditions and in nature.[10] The claim that macroevolution does not occur, or is impossible, is thus demonstrably false and without support in the scientific community.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If there are Boundaries (Physical Rules or Laws) regarding the claimed evolution within the Species, then something is Controlling the behaviour of so called evolution within the Species...

So if there is Control over the behaviour of the species then the Species is Not evolving, but is rather the result of such "boundaries" or controls, which have been implemented by something else...

If the human species is able to discover what introduced or controls the behaviour of this little universe and species within it, will know what is really going on....

Perhaps it is what has implemented these controls on the species which is Evolving and not the species...

[edit on 30-8-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

...imagination is what you need to truly understand what I'm talking about..

One image to summarize this entire thread

[edit on 30-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

is there something which doesn't evolve? thats what I wana know..

If you want to believe those theories you can, I'm not stoping you, I'm just saying think about the robot scenario ^^ which shows the possibility that animals don't need to evolve but the fossil findings will still suggest they did, it is an illusion.

Tell me this, what is the fossil record like? How many species found in what time. Give me a website which shows all the fossil findings place in timeline, everyone one of them, if possible, if not, me and you haven't seen the evidence.

If animal A is at timeline 1 and animal B is at timeline 2, does that mean animal B didn't exist in timeline 1?? Do you get what I mean? If animal B supposedly evolved from animal A, and animal B also exist in time line 1, then blablbalbalba.. The evidence is to dull and soft, it is not hard evidence, as I said before, you can also conclude that all the animals were brought to earth..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

is there something which doesn't evolve? thats what I wana know..

If you want to believe those theories you can, I'm not stoping you, I'm just saying think about the robot scenario ^^ which shows the possibility that animals don't need to evolve but the fossil findings will still suggest they did, it is an illusion.

Tell me this, what is the fossil record like? How many species found in what time. Give me a website which shows all the fossil findings place in timeline, everyone one of them, if possible, if not, me and you haven't seen the evidence.

If animal A is at timeline 1 and animal B is at timeline 2, does that mean animal B didn't exist in timeline 1?? Do you get what I mean? If animal B supposedly evolved from animal A, and animal B also exist in time line 1, then blablbalbalba.. The evidence is to dull and soft, it is not hard evidence, as I said before, you can also conclude that all the animals were brought to earth..

Are you seriously asking me to list every single fossil?
You know fossilization is a very very rare process right?
Here's a nice list of transitional fossils though, courtesy of wikipedia.
en.wikipedia.org...

Also, if you think God created all life on earth, how do you explain the fact that in the earliest strata of the earth we have simple life forms, which proceeds to get more complex as they evolve? Was God warming up?

Sure, we can create robots that don't need to evolve, but that doesn't get rid of the fact that life DOES evolve.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Here's what we KNOW for a fact about some species evolved...sorry for the large image, it's a lot of evidence

LINK

[edit on 30-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The FACT remains....
Something produced this little Universe and Species in it...
If this was Not the case, we would Not exist.
So the Question still remains...

WHAT is evolving ???

a. The species (Biological Robotics)

Or...
b. What has produced this experience...

Why does the human species Flee from this FACT...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Would you all agree that humans can be born with strange mutations? Extra limbs, cleft lip, missing limbs, both sex organs ect.?

If you do admit that humans sometimes have births with mutations would you also agree that not ALL mutations would cause a human baby to have a disadvantage?

Say a human baby was born with the mutation of a photographic memory. Would you agree that the mutation of a photographic memory would give that human child an advantage over other children born without a photo graphic memory?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
The FACT remains....
Something produced this little Universe and Species in it...
If this was Not the case, we would Not exist.
So the Question still remains...

WHAT is evolving ???

a. The species (Biological Robotics)

Or...
b. What has produced this experience...

Why does the human species Flee from this FACT...

Why can't it be both?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

How can it be ???

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

How can it be ???

Are you asking me to explain how both life and God evolve?
I wasn't aware God had limitations.

If god can evolve, why can't life?

Also if God is life, and god is evolving, by definition life would also evolve.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I did not suggest a god..... That is your belief..

Look if we humans produce an up-grade say in software, does this mean the Computer is evolving by itself ???

Or is the change due to the new software, which was Not developed by the Computer ???

Some may say it could be Computer designed, but really the Computer only assists the designer...
In this case The MIND

If you are suggesting that the Biological Robotics is "LIFE", acording to say Christianity, then you are incorrect...

From "The Gospel of Thomas"... Quote;

56. Jesus said,

“Whoever has come to understand the World
has found only a corpse,

and whoever has found a corpse
is superior to the World.”

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join