It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk evolution once and for all

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by FamiliarBoyOfGoodFortune
Well, what I want to know is, at what point did male and female become separate entities within this theory of evolution.

I mean why would such a change take place. Looking at the different roles of males and females in different species, they complement each other, having different roles. It doesn't seem the best survival method to take this route.

If cells just divide and replicate in the earliest stages (as in fetal development) why didn't they just continue to do that just create clones and evolve, why bother with male and female?

I think if people genuinely believe that they themselves evolved from monkeys then, that just says a lot about that person ;-)

Why do you think only non-complex beings are "self-reproducing"? What happens if you make a baby with your sister? It's most likely gonna end up a retard. That doesn't matter if you're a cell with only 1-2 functions as long as u can still do those. Mixing the gene pool is a major prerequisite for complex lifeforms such as humans.

I think if you seriously believe we "evolved from todays monkeys", that says a lot about you and how much you know about evolution. We had common ancestors with today's primates...but we didn't evolve from them. Check out Wikipedia or any good biology book

There's 2 possibilities:

A) Evolution is right...and all the facts support that possibility.
B) The supreme being who created us is incredibly incompetent and if it/he/she would work for me, I'd fire it/he/she.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

Oh you'd fire The Creator...now let's suppose you could do that, on what grounds would you? Is it that you have some fatal flaw that you feel upset about, or perhaps that you think that you could do a better job? I'm confused - You cannot even fully comprened your own exsistance but seem to think that the Creator of the heavens and the earth all known and unknown is some how incompetent, when He comprehends you, but you cannot comprehend Him..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FamiliarBoyOfGoodFortune

Well, given that us humans have to eat and breathe through the same orifice, which leads to hundreds chocking to death every year, I wouldn't really call it "intelligent" design...more like stupid design.

Our eyes are pretty horrible too, and so are are sense of smell. There's many things we can't see/smell that can kill us instantly...radiation, gas...yet a lot of animals get to see/smell those things.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but us humans aren't as great as you think.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

If there is a god, it would never be a man like you just claimed, because a woman would never f things up like this.

Maybe this might bring some thought in the topic, Do you remember how you were like before you were born? So if god is real or not, it does not matter because you don't remember the time when you were with god, so just live life.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Well, given that us humans have to eat and breathe through the same orifice, which leads to hundreds chocking to death every year, I wouldn't really call it "intelligent" design...more like stupid design.

Our eyes are pretty horrible too, and so are are sense of smell. There's many things we can't see/smell that can kill us instantly...radiation, gas...yet a lot of animals get to see/smell those things.

Yup, you are simply a system, all systems are created with an end, even computers, and out of it something better is created, look how computers advance every year.. I have to update my knowledge every year to stay in my career because we are advancing so fast, the old is getting expired, you are also gonna get expired and when you do, say Cheese, can't wait till that day..

Although I will feel sorry for you

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Why are evolution and God incompatible?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by oozyism

It is not, but we should see it as it is, not how we want to see it.

We can claim computers evolved due to natural selection etc, but in reality it didn't..

And we can also claim that computers evolving is not incompatible with its human creators, hence we could have designed computers to evolve, so the code is there.. Maybe the code for evolution is withint the Universe, mathmatically rooted, until the day I see benifits, or negatives of evolution I'm not incline to believe it. Until now all I have seen is BS, and much BS was even intentionally created to lay as evidence for evolution, then later on proven to be fabrication.

If people will go as far as fabrication to prove evolution then I will wait until its benifits comes my way, nothing to loose, nothing to gain..

Until then I will believe species were created like computers..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

They are. In Genesis Chapter 1. God does say: Let earth bring forth grass and the seeds, and Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life. And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind,

What God tells us in verse 11. 12. 20. 24 is evolution.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

And if God chose to jump start a dead planet after the Toba catastrophe, where is the contradiction?

reply to post by oozyism

Bug is born with thicker shell. Hunter cannot breach shell. That creature goes on and the species evolves.

Evolution is pretty obvious in the world. Even today it occurs. In places we planted apples, Some flies wake from hibernation earlier to eat them, and no longer mate with their brothers who wake up later. A new species has formed as a result in the last 150 years. Same with some mosquitos who are adapting to subways and can no longer survive on the surface. Genetic drift.

No God is necessary in evolution. It is a purely self automated configuration. There's plenty of evidence for God in science and the universe, but evolution is very much so real and still going on.

I fail to see how it is BS. We us it today even to gene splice between species, knowing where root systems are in basic operating systems. In fact thats how we know things are from Earth or not. They have the millions upon billions of years of retro viruses and adaptations in their genetic structure located in the same places.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
I'm sick of Atheist and any anti-Religious, or anti-God movement who revolve all their arguments around evolution.

And as for the religious people who always start their arguments by trying to disprove evolutionary theory with fake science...

Matthew 7:3-5

"Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Nope doesn't effect me, and it hasn't effected me, nor can I tested, nor can I see it..

I can trust an engineer because he has built a bridge.. I can go see the bridge, see the theory behiind it and see the facts..

I can trust a doctor because I can go to him/her and they will give me advice etc and educate me in how to heal my self using different techniques which works..

I can trust a Chemist becahse he/she can show in front of my face chemical reactions and show the theory and facts behind it..

Evolutionists doesn't effect my life in any way, I don't trust them, nor do I believe them, especially when they have fabricated BS before many, many times..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

But the BS you claim does not exist. How do you explain observed evolution in the last few centuries?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

But the BS you claim does not exist. How do you explain observed evolution in the last few centuries?

The same way I explain observed Aliens by abductees.

Same crap different smell.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

They can no longer mate with the "same crap". A group of individuals mated with themselves rather than the main population, became too genetically diverse, and incompatible with the original population. They became a new species. They evolved over time.

Mankind even forced it in species like dogs, horses, and cats. We accelerated that which takes millions of years.

How do you explain this?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

They can no longer mate with the "same crap". A group of individuals mated with themselves rather than the main population, became too genetically diverse, and incompatible with the original population. They became a new species. They evolved over time.

Mankind even forced it in species like dogs, horses, and cats. We accelerated that which takes millions of years.

How do you explain this?

The same way I explain those claiming to be cured by priests screaming at them some sort of prayers.

Get it?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I believe in God and I believe in evoloution. YOur comparison with computers is shakey. Even basic single celled organisms have the ability to replicate on their own. Computers do not. Now in the the future with nanobots and advanced AI computers probably be able to self replicate. Now, when some looks at computers in that evoloutionary state then they may come to the concluseion that they did it on their own.

I'm an agnostic, so I believe that there was a creationary force in the universe, but I also believe the scientiffic proof that shows that life evolved here on earth. God may have started it(it is not provable) but nature finsished it.

Evoloution is a fact. You need to find a way to reconcile your religous beliefs with a scientiffic fact.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I see many people confusing "Evolution" for "Abiogenesis".

Abiogenesis is is the study of how life on Earth could have arisen from inanimate matter.

Evolution is the change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms through successive generations.

These are two entirely different concepts!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

It is not, but we should see it as it is, not how we want to see it.

We can claim computers evolved due to natural selection etc, but in reality it didn't..

And we can also claim that computers evolving is not incompatible with its human creators, hence we could have designed computers to evolve, so the code is there.. Maybe the code for evolution is withint the Universe, mathmatically rooted, until the day I see benifits, or negatives of evolution I'm not incline to believe it. Until now all I have seen is BS, and much BS was even intentionally created to lay as evidence for evolution, then later on proven to be fabrication.

If people will go as far as fabrication to prove evolution then I will wait until its benifits comes my way, nothing to loose, nothing to gain..

Until then I will believe species were created like computers..

Ummm, that comparison is ridiculous. We know that computers are designed by computer engineers and the technology is developed by researchers. This is proven fact. They don't adapt to their environment, they are told what to do and bow to every human command.

It's very simple. Mutations that help a species survive and reproduce are passed down and eventually dominate the gene pool of the creature. Evolution is a scientific theory that has so much evidence in favor of it, that denial is just ignorant. It's like trying to change the law of gravity to "intelligent falling". It just doesn't make sense. You cannot debunk evolution without making vast assumptions and scientifically ignorant statements.

Do you have any questions about the theory? I've studied it quite extensively and would be more than happy to help you understand, but I'm beginning to think that you won't even bother trying to understand. People fabricate things all the time for a chance to be famous. The VERY FEW instances of this prove nothing. People have done the same with creationism, just look at all the creationist "science" sites where they make up scientific data that cannot possibly be true. The real evidence FAR outweighs anything fabricated. I mean are you trying to claim the entire fossil record is fake? Or that mutations do not happen, even though they can be observed today? Evolutionist is not even a real word. They are scientists, and the theory of evolution is based on tons of scientific evidence, not just a guess because things appear similar.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Barcs]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You trust scientists because they can build physical things? Your trust Doctors because they can give you advice? Because they are depending on that you are coming back to spend more money.

You have to buy the benefits you trust. You have faith in money, and only money will pay for the quality of the things you trust.

If you don't have money, no one will have faith in you. Because no one has any gain from helping you. Your life has no value without money. Your life only has a value to you.

I would never put my faith in a system that measures my life in money.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Yup, you are simply a system, all systems are created with an end, even computers, and out of it something better is created, look how computers advance every year.. I have to update my knowledge every year to stay in my career because we are advancing so fast, the old is getting expired, you are also gonna get expired and when you do, say Cheese, can't wait till that day..

Although I will feel sorry for you

Oh the good old "you will burn in hell" Christian scare tactic...hilarious

Your version of God seems to be a really unpleasant guy, and if he's really as judgemental as you claim, I would never worship him, even if he existed. A god who punishes people who don't believe in him (which is the large majority of the world btw since most don't believe in YOUR god) although they live good lives is nothing but an all powerful dictator.

Thanks for the good laugh though

It's people like you who give Christians a bad image!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

It's like trying to change the law of gravity to "intelligent falling".

This has to be the most epically awesome pwnage I've ever seen. I think you should win some kind of award really.

I agree with everything in your post but I think the OP is a lost cause. I mean we're 22 pages into this and there are still people in this thread attacking Evolution while defending magic... sorry I meant Intelligent Design, not magic, I get those so confused

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join