It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk evolution once and for all

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Where do we derive our consciousness from?

That is the question of the century.

This can be explained and shown but requires a thread dedicated to this knowledge...

I have over 50,000 "Geometric Drawings" as you know explaining the whole Processing Construct incuding many of the Instruction sets..

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterall
Machines do not self replicate.

A robot arm assembling a circuit board from supplied materials is most definitely not reproduction. That hate on ATS is bad enough but this arrogant ignorance is even worse. There is no real discussion here, just angry yelling "I am right, just accept what I said!"

Machines that build other machines is not the same thing as organic reproduction and if you are half as smart as you keep telling everyone you are, you know that.

[edit on 8/28/10 by Afterall]

Ohh jeez we have another Genius.

Do you know why I call people like you Genius? Because you tend to believe you know everything, and make thousands of assumptions to fill the gaps. I never claim I'm a Genius, nor do I claim I know much at all, that is why I created this thread to discuss this issues and learn and perfect my arguments in process.

That being said, the I will repeat myself, the topic is evolution, the argument is that we reproduce therefore can evolve, robots/machines don't reproduce therefore they can't evolve.

That is pretty nonsense of a claim and ignorant, do you even know why? Because you forget that no two biological beings reproduce exactly the same.

The thing is, even though non of them reproduce exactly the same, they all evolved. We know machines do reproduce if you program them to, but you claim they can't evolve, or I claim that you claim they won't and can't evolve.

Machine can be defined as a system of interrelated parts working together to perform certain functions. The key words used to define the term are system, interrelation, and function; all of which describes the construction of machine. In terms of the physiological structure, the human body is indeed a system; it certainly is interrelated, with different body parts; and the body obviously carries out functions and work. So then, it seems only logical to assume that humans are constructed like machines and therefore can be viewed as machines.

Read more: scienceray.com...

The only difference between a machine and a human being is the concept of soul which still is a mystery, just like dark matter and dark energy. We know it exists due to its effect, other than that we are in complete lost.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Giving Birth to a "Concept" or "Idea" does Not Necessarily involve anything physical so called....

Yet a new Idea or Concept can be Born....

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

All I know is, that our consciousness is being passed on to computers, hence computers viewed isolated without human influence can seem conscious.

The same goes for humans, we are isolated without the view of the true conscious.

That means, the true consciousness is that which is not a system.

Both humans and computers are merely systems.

That should start it off.

What do we know which is not a system?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by MrXYZ

The automatic functions are called "instinct" and automatic bodily functions. The "manual" ones are my responsibility last I checked

Who are you?

Second line

My personality (aka what makes me "me") was shaped by outside influences like my upbringing and my experiences. Or are you arguing god makes us "us"? If that's the case, he's a total lunatic because he also made child rapists, mass murderers, and people who have sex with animals. If you think he gave you consciousness and created your personality (which is what makes you "you"), then he's also responsible for those people's personality and consciousness.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The same goes for humans, we are isolated without the view of the true conscious.

True because the Human Species is a "Robot"... i.e. of "Biological Robotics"

The "Human Species" doesn't even know itself exists, nore does it know that which is experiencing through the "Robotics" (Species)...

Does you "foot", "hand" or any other part of your Antomy know YOU (Awareness) ???

No Part of Human "Biological Robotics" is Aware of YOU which is AWARENESS....

But "You" that is LIFE is "Aware" of the "Human Species" (Biological Machine) and its "Environment"...

That means, the true consciousness is that which is not a system.

Correct...

Both humans and computers are merely systems.

Correct again...

What do we know which is not a system?

"AWARENESS" or the "Real You"...

You are "AWARENESS"....

The "System", "Operating System" or "Processor" is what You are Aware of....

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Are you at War with LIFE ???

I am Not intending to be offensive.. So please don't attack me for asking this...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
reply to post by MrXYZ

I am Not intending to be offensive.. So please don't attack me for asking this...

Not everyone with opposing views to you is "at war with LIFE"

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

I don't really get your question tbh...why would I be at war with "life" because of my comment

Oh, and just so you know, we aren't the only species that's self-aware. Dolphins give eachother names

[edit on 28-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Oh, and just so you know, we aren't the only species that's self-aware. Dolphins give eachother names

No Species is "AWARE".... Not even the Human Species....

But "AWARENESS" Experiencing Through All these Species is LIFE...

Does any Part or "Component" of your Atatomy know YOU which is LIFE or AWARENESS ???

Does the "Hand" or "Foot" know they exist, or even Know YOU ???

NO....

But YOU or "AWARENESS" is Aware of the "Hand" and "Foot"....

[edit on 29-8-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

I have never suggested this....

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I have never suggested this....

You seem to say it to everyone who doesn't automatically agree with you, including me.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Sorry if you feel this way... but as I said I have never implied this.... as I know very little myself....

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Given that my foot is a fixed part of myself, and not a separate entity, your question whether my foot knows he's my foot is kinda weird.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

If you believe your body is "aware" then your foot would be Aware...

But as your foot knows nothing and isn't Aware then I guess the Real YOU is something other than your body or foot, hand whatever..

Do you understand what I am saying ???

It comes down to the Cup and Coffee Syndrome...

Where the "Cup" is Not the "Coffee" and the "Coffee" is Not the "Cup"...

The Body (Flesh) is NOT LIFE...

And LIFE is Not the Body (Flesh)

Other wise how does one save a LIFE or Lose a LIFE ???

Or is it the other way around depending if YOU are "LIFE" or the body i.e "Biological Robotics"...

But in all sincerity... I hope the real YOU is LIFE....

But we should get back to the Question regarding Evolution....

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

You're talking as if my foot is separate from the rest of my body. It's not a separate entity. You are your whole body. It's not as if only your brain or heart are aware and the rest isn't. You are aware as a whole...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You're talking as if my foot is separate from the rest of my body.

No.... you missunderstand me...

It's not a separate entity. You are your whole body. It's not as if only your brain or heart are aware and the rest isn't.

It makes no difference whether it is a part of or the whole....

The fact remains your Flesh is Not "Aware" of YOU which is The "LIFE" entity...

"AWARENESS" or LIFE is Not Flesh... And Flesh is Not LIFE...

Unless You are Not "LIFE"... which I sincerelly hope you are LIFE... or the day will surelly come, when You lose the "LIFE"... That is if you are the Flesh.... Which I hope you are Not...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Given that we don't know what awareness really is, or whether or not it's connected to our body...I don't agree.

You CLAIM our awareness is separate from our flesh, yet we have no proof of that...or proof of that it isn't true. So it all comes down to pure speculation...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Given that we don't know what awareness really is,

Who is we ??? Correction you mean You don't know....

or whether or not it's connected to our body...I don't agree.

Your assumption....

You CLAIM our awareness is separate from our flesh, yet we have no proof of that...or proof of that it isn't true.

Again by you saying "we" is an assumption on your part...

I am involved full time in R&D regarding "Awareness" and Its "Processing System"... and have been for the last 16 to 17 years...

So it all comes down to pure speculation...

Yes I can understand you wanting it to be this....

So we... that is you and I are "Aware" of different things...

So I suggest we return to what the thread is about....

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

In that case I'm eagerly waiting for your scientific proof that our awareness is separate from our flesh

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join