It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk evolution once and for all

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
You take atom as evidence of?

I take atom as evidence of a creator.

I take threads like this as evidence there is no god(s). If we are going to play so fast and loose with what things mean, we can all just be right about everything.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindyremains
reply to post by oozyism

I am just wondering on which page you plan to reveal on what planet this analogy is based? I have been waiting and waiting to find out where this place is where computers mate and create new computers but so far none to come. The entire premise makes no sense on Earth since that does not happen here. Where is this place where your debunking makes sense?

Future

I'm a computer programmer therefore know it is possible, whether we will be allowed to create such a machine is another question, just like the embryo research, question of morals etc.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cindyremains

I take threads like this as evidence there is no god(s). If we are going to play so fast and loose with what things mean, we can all just be right about everything.

Sorry but this thread was created by me, evidence of a creator

Don't take me wrong, I have thought about this longer than you

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nivekronnoco

You wrote..... Quote;

Hi...God told me to log on and point out that he doesn't like you

So why did your god (Voices in your head) supposedly Create Him (the "you", you refer to in your statement) ???

Or are you just another "Victim" or "Slave" of the Human Condition
as all human primates are ???

[edit on 28-8-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Future

I'm a computer programmer therefore know it is possible, whether we will be allowed to create such a machine is another question, just like the embryo research, question of morals etc.

So imaginationland then? So then let me ask the point of trying to have an argument you cannot back up yet? How about you wait until that happens to try and prove it is a reality? People live longer and have more cognitive skills than they used to. Why? According to you, it was a god. Why do you think it was a god, because my computer lives longer and thinks faster than my old computer could or would. Why? Because I installed parts put together by other people that I bought at the store.

Being a computer programmer does not help you out here at all either. Claiming it on the internet helps even less.
Sorry but that is reality and your analogy is halfway off the cliff already and it is all based on a future that may or may not ever happen.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by cindyremains]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Sorry but this thread was created by me, evidence of a creator

Sentences like that are evidence there is no creator. You can pit your opinion against mine all day long. In the end they remain opinions.

Don't take me wrong, I have thought about this longer than you

How would you know that? What difference would it make?

[edit on 28-8-2010 by cindyremains]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Do you know anything about Programming ???

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

Do you know anything about Programming ???

Yes.

Do you know anything about reproduction?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Do you ???

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

IT seems you don't know much about computers lol

I advice you to go learn about them because you are using one right now, don't be embarrassed by learning, it is good in every sense.

Now, most things are done using computers these days?

Remember the leak? Those robots under water doing the jobs you can't possibly do? Think for a second here, I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for you, because you lack computer knowledge, or forcefully hiding your knowledge.

If you can program a computer to talk, walk, jump, grab, create nano processors for your computers, fix the leak, listen, smell, clean.... What makes you think we can't program them to reproduce?

www.youtube.com...

This is from 2009..

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

We can program computers to make other computers, but they simply lack the necessary material to reproduce in the organic sense of the word. They lack DNA and genes, they lack sperm and eggs. In the end they would simply be following a program that does not allow for the variability that is inherent in biological reproduction.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

"Genetic Engineering" involves the Programs in DNA ???

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Do you ???

Is this a real attempt at a discussion or did your kids get to the computer again? I am not going to play this one line question at a time nonsense and this question is obviously more of a childish attempt at being insulting than a genuine inquiry. Please go outside and play with your friends for a bit and come back when you can discuss.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

IT seems you don't know much about computers lol

I built this one and it seems to be doing the job just fine. I am not sure which post you could have possible come to your conclusion from as I have not really said anything about computers but you are welcome to think anything you like. If that is what you have to offer in lieu of trying to assert your flawed premise, then enjoy yourself.

I advice you to go learn about them because you are using one right now, don't be embarrassed by learning, it is good in every sense.

Yes and I use it all the time for lots of things, this computer I built myself. I guess I know just enough.

Now, most things are done using computers these days?

As long as we are playing the "you are too dumb to talk to" game. How bout you go learn about the English language. Most things being done right here, right now are being done using English. Do not be embarrased to learn the difference between a statement and a question. Now, would you like to continue in this vein because if all you want to do is make a claim and then attack anyone questioning it, I will gladly leave you and MT to talk about how cool you are with each other.

Remember the leak? Those robots under water doing the jobs you can't possibly do? Think for a second here, I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for you, because you lack computer knowledge, or forcefully hiding your knowledge.

Think about what? How about you show me the program you can write that changes the ability of a material to withstand pressure changes.

If you can program a computer to talk, walk, jump, grab, create nano processors for your computers, fix the leak, listen, smell, clean.... What makes you think we can't program them to reproduce?

Because you cannot. It is that simple.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

This is from 2009..

I guess I missed the part where Asimo designed and built his own Asimo Jr.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindyremains

Do you ???

Is this a real attempt at a discussion or did your kids get to the computer again? I am not going to play this one line question at a time nonsense and this question is obviously more of a childish attempt at being insulting than a genuine inquiry. Please go outside and play with your friends for a bit and come back when you can discuss.

It was you who asked the Question.....

In Response to me just asking if you knew anything about Programming ???

A legitimate Question (Do you know anything about Programming ???) I would have thought ???

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
[edit on 28-8-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

It was you who asked the Question.....

In Response to me just asking if you knew anything about Programming ???

Because the entire premise of this thread is comparing the evolution of technology -which happens only through human intervention

to

the evolution of organisms -which happens through reproduction.
Did you miss where I asked when the OP was going to tie this all together with the fact that computers do not self replicate?

A legitimate Question (Do you know anything about Programming ???) I would have thought ???

Which I answered. I then asked if you knew anything about reproduction as that plays a far more integral role in the evolution of organisms than programming does, thus the achilles heal of this analogy. Seems a legitimate question given yours, I would have thought???

"Do you" simply seems like an angry child and this many posts have done nothing to show otherwise. Thanks for taking the time to insult and misconstrue.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The Humin Species is One Example of "Biological Robotics" ???

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join