It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk evolution once and for all

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Now what you have written I would go along with...

So what is benefiting from this World???

Or is the human species missing something ???

i.e. the understanding of what this world (experience) is really about or for ???

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

Now what you have written I would go along with...

So what is benefiting from this World???

Or is the human species missing something ???

i.e. the understanding of what this world (experience) is really about or for ???

We don't know.

So far, it seems like this world is just many in a sea of trillions of others, maybe it isn't, maybe it is.

It'll be a long time before any of us has any definite idea of what the Earth is for, and odds are, it is so complex and bizarre that our idea of God and what god is are so wrong that we haven't even thought of a single point of the true nature of reality.

Like I said earlier, we're still the ignorant apes that walked out of africa over 200,000 years ago, and we're learning more each day.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

So far, it seems like this world is just many in a sea of trillions of others, maybe it isn't, maybe it is.

It'll be a long time before any of us has any definite idea of what the Earth is for, and odds are, it is so complex and bizarre that our idea of God and what god is are so wrong that we haven't even thought of a single point of the true nature of reality.

Bingo....

You understand where I am coming from...

I just wish a few others would as well, instead of attacking what I am trying to portray...

Thank you for your response....

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

The Human race is not evolving. The Human race is only changing its surroundings and adjusting their way of life accordingly.

Its not the human that is evolving, its the things humans create that is evolving. We are nothing but consumers of what we create.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

This is why I question WHAT is actually evolving.....

I believe that the Human Species is Not "Evolving" and that the World (experience) we are having, is about something entirely different..

And nothing at all like what the Human Species is presently led to believe....

Rather the experience invokes enquiry in the End...

[edit on 28-8-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
When you refer to evolution, what exactly does that mean? I have had some thoughts on this subject, but would prefer to keep them to myself until I know exactly what it is that you're talking about.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by NECOO]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

I agree. We have changed our way of life into a way of living that is not coexisting with natural changes. Some would call that for evolution. But what we have probably done is reduce our natural way of evolving with nature to such a degree, that our side step might smack us in the face some time in the future. Our side step and future survival will more or less depend on what we are able to create parallel to natural evolution.

The fact of the matter is Humans dont want to evolve but stay the same. "Well we want a lot of things but we still want to be humans".

We humans fear changes because we dont know if we can adapt and survive. That is why we live like we do today and pay a lot of attention to the environmental changes around us.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

But what we have probably done is reduce our natural way of evolving with nature to such a degree, that our side step might smack us in the face some time in the future.

Part of our education by LIFE I guess...

The Story of "Earth" (Environment) and its "Species" as I call it, is because we are observing a sequence of events... (The Result is a "Story")

It is our "Real selves" that benefit and Not the human Species...

When I experienced death in 1973 it changed my whole perspective of things esp. regarding the definition of the word "LIFE".

I see LIFE as "Consciousness" or "Awareness", or what ever label we wish to attach to it...

But generally Science refers to LIFE as the biological form and this is where the problem lies, regarding Consciousness or LIFE.... which I personally can't subscribe to LIFE being physical any longer due to what happened to me in 1973.

This experience did Not conform to what is taught in most religions, or science for that matter, and if I had a choice I would choose what happened to me, rather than what is taught by the "human Species" referring to both "Science" and the "Religious teachers"...

What happened to me in 1973 changed my understanding of LIFE for ever...

So I see Myself as a "Partition" of LIFE, experiencing the Earth & Universe through the Human Species...

It is this which drives me to asking the questions I do, regarding the nature of LIFE...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
God created us to consume and produce.
God wants us to invest and earn a lot of money.
American Dream is God's idea.
If you don't have SUV, large house, triple digit income and you are not fat, you will burn in hell internally.

God created us to be indebted.

God created us, so we can die young in Africa from starvation.
God loves to watch us kill each other in wars.

God wants us to obey government for ever.

God loves to see us paying taxes.
God invented them.

In fact. I am God and I bless you, because you are more special than others. Others are lesser beings and do not deserve blessings.

I still love them.

May be.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The Human race is not evolving. The Human race is only changing its surroundings and adjusting their way of life accordingly.

WRONG!!

We are very well evolving. Every generation, our sense of smell gets worse on average, and so does our hearing. Also, the average height of humans changed too since we record that figure.

So like I said, you're wrong because we are very well still evolving

[edit on 28-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I don't think the timescales involved cast any doubt on Evolution, through reproduction there is a limit to the changes that can occur between one generation and the next.

See now I think I may have on this one. Although I do agree with what you say here.
You can't really deny that the longer it takes for something to happen, the chances of it not happening increase not exponentially.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Not when we talk about Evolution. Evolution happens gradually. Each generation is a bit different from the last, so each generation is really a stage. Hundreds of thousands of generations, hundreds of thousands of slight variations in the genetic code of a species, when added up these changes have in all likelihood created a new species.

Also, what about fossils forming, diamonds being created, oysters making pearls, fossil fuels forming, the Grand Canyon, the shifting of the Continents? All of these require time. Time is not their enemy, it's something they require in order to form in the first place.

We humans have trouble coping with the massive timescales involved, our Universe is 13.7 Billion years old. We can't even really fathom a number like that and yet that is what the evidence points to.

Don't let what you perceive as the improbability of Evolution scare you away from the evidence. The fossil and genetic evidence are quite clear and coupled with the fact that we've witnessed speciation in the wild and in the lab I'd say its an open and shut case.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

LOL

Are you suggesting I don't know anything about my surrounding?

I take everything around as evidence of a creator, that everything was created.

You obviously have no idea what evidence means.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
As I have already said... I don’t question whether or not evolution exists but rather "What" is evolving….

i.e. the "Cause" or the "Result" ???

Is it LIFE (Awareness or Consciousness) ???
Or is it the Manifestation of the Universe and Species whch Interact with it ???

Your Experience is produced by Something !

"Change" does NOT necessarily imply "Evolution"…

The weather changes every second….
Is the Weather “evolving“ or merely changing, within the boundaries of its Mechanics ???
Perhaps our Understanding of the Weather may be Evolving though ???

Because of change in a book, i.e. a “Story”… Is the book evolving ???
But perhaps the “Story” reflects the “evolving” understanding of the Writer, while writing the book ???

Because Driving my Car somewhere, does this imply the Car itself is Evolving ???
However we can say that the design of cars is "evolving"… From one generation of model to another…
But this is where our “Concepts” of Technology is Evolving…

Is the whole Universe involving the unfolding “Story” of the “experience” merely changing within the boundaries of the experience… Or is the Universe Evolving ???

If the Universe as a whole is evolving ???
What then are the boundaries of this condition and what controls these boundaries ???

Does the laws of physics change ???
Or Does the Laws of physics Evolve ???
If there is such a thing as “The Evolution of Physics” can someone give evidence of this ???

And again if Evolution is occurring only of itself, within this Universe without strict rules (physics etc) can evidence be presented???

Or is it we are making the pieces fit ???
Just to convince ourselves we are Not “Slaves” of our Environment (experience) and thus is only another attempt to find “Peace” within ourselves???

There isn’t a Human being on Earth which doesn’t seek "Peace" within themselves in some form or other…
Some may call this just Survival

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Firepac

You obviously have no idea what evidence means.

another genius who thinks what evidence means, I'm not gonna waste time and just state that evidence equals belief.

Last time I had to push another member to go and see for himself what evidence means, and when he did he found out something very interesting.

You take atom as evidence of?

I take atom as evidence of a creator.

You take the laws of the Universe as evidence of?

I take the laws of the Universe as evidence of a creator.

You take the complex living and non living entities formed and shaped by these laws?

I take the complex living and non living entities formed and shaped by these laws as evidence of a creator.

Good luck finding out what evidence means.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Exactly, that is why I brought the evolution of the Universe on the table for the debate, but most claimed that is not evolution

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hi...God told me to log on and point out that he doesn't like you...Also,you need to stop speaking for him,as you don't know what he thinks.He says evolution is a tribute to his ingenuity...and wack jobs like you that try to limit him and think they know HIS mind are really agents of satan...thanks for playing.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nivekronnoco
Hi...God told me to log on and point out that he doesn't like you...Also,you need to stop speaking for him,as you don't know what he thinks.He says evolution is a tribute to his ingenuity...and wack jobs like you that try to limit him and think they know HIS mind are really agents of satan...thanks for playing.

Well Mr. Genius it simply goes to show you didn't understand what I was saying.

I said if someone claimed computers evolved on their own by looking at electronic fossils, that would be an insult to human beings who designed and created computers, the same goes for evolution.

Don't jump to conclusions..

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I am just wondering on which page you plan to reveal on what planet this analogy is based? I have been waiting and waiting to find out where this place is where computers mate and create new computers but so far none to come. The entire premise makes no sense on Earth since that does not happen here. Where is this place where your debunking makes sense?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The fact is we know what atoms are made of and none of their components are supernatural, we generally know what the Universe is made of and how old it is and none of that suggests anything supernatural. To simply assume the supernatural as an explanation for all this is an argument from ignorance.

It is saying:

I don't know how X got the way it is

therefore

God must be the explanation of X

It is a God of the Gaps argument and a pretty major logical fallacy. The same sort of reasoning leads to things like:

I'm not sure how or why volcanoes erupt

therefore

A volcano god is the explanation of volcanic eruptions

- Other arguments similar to yours:

A pot of gold exists

therefore

Leprechauns exist

Something exists instead of nothing

therefore

Something exists because of a supernatural being or intelligence

Needless to say this is ALL very very poor reasoning

new topics