It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk evolution once and for all

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The difference is, you BLINDLY believe without any sort of backup proof, evidence, or facts. Evolutionary theory has A TON of evidence based on hard facts. Hell, we use the findings in modern science all the time...and it works.

But it's ok, continue believing in your "talking snake" theory

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

LOL

Are you suggesting I don't know anything about my surrounding?

I take everything around as evidence of a creator, that everything was created.

How do I know what? That everything is created? Well because now that we are creators ourselves we have better understand of creation.

I'm not talking out of ignorance, nor arrogance like you.

No, I'm saying we as a whole don't know enough about existence to jump to the conclusion it needs a creator.

You can go ahead and believe in a God, but you can't say you have evidence of that God based on ignorance, what you do have is faith.

I remember when christians used to be proud of their faith, now they jump around and try to find anything that they can twist to try to make it look like evidence.

I'm not arguing anything out of arrogance, as I'm not arguing any point, just pointing out that reality itself cannot be evidence for anything except reality.

link   
Don't fall into the evolution/creation debate trap here..... A couple hundred years ago the earth was flat too remember?

link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by oozyism

The difference is, you BLINDLY believe without any sort of backup proof, evidence, or facts. Evolutionary theory has A TON of evidence based on hard facts. Hell, we use the findings in modern science all the time...and it works.

But it's ok, continue believing in your "talking snake" theory

I even called you a genius, you had a great potential to be the Sensei's "Taliban".

Define Sensei: "Sensei (先生) is a Japanese title used to refer to or address teachers, professors, professionals ..."

Define Taliban: "Taliban (طالبان ', meaning "students")"

Blindly, what do you mean blindly? How am I believing in GOD blindly?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Don't fall into the evolution/creation debate trap here..... A couple hundred years ago the earth was flat too remember?

Actually, Eratosthenes measured the earths circumference around 240 BC.
Unfortunately, all that was seemingly lost later.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

And meteorites were "signs of god", and the sun revolves around the earth (a significant share of ppl in the US still believe that, lol), there were talking snakes, all the species we have today were created in a week and evolution is hogwash, and don't get me started on the fact that the Christian god is schizophrenic...sometimes nice and forgiving...and then committing horrible crimes of genocide.

Looking forward to the time when people start valuing rationality, logic, and intelligence above blind obedience and belief. Judging from some of the posts here, we're sadly still quite far from that. It sometimes feels as if you're talking to someone from the Middle Ages

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

No, I'm saying we as a whole don't know enough about existence to jump to the conclusion it needs a creator.

I'm using a laptop lol, what do you mean we don't know enough? We created the first synthetic life, what do you mean we don't know enough?

As I said before, now that we are creating, we know much about the creation. No more excuse for disbelief.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

I'm using a laptop lol, what do you mean we don't know enough? We created the first synthetic life, what do you mean we don't know enough?

As I said before, now that we are creating, we know much about the creation. No more excuse for disbelief.

We don't know enough about the universe to leap to the conclusion that there is a God, yes, humans have done some fantastic things, but that doesn't mean we know everything about the universe, THAT is arrogance.

Yes, we may be creating things, but that doesn't suddenly make us hyper-intelligent superhumans. We're still the ignorant apes that walked out of africa 200,000 years ago.

We don't even know what 96% of the universe is made out of, and yet you can claim that it was all created by a God?

Just FYI, I don't reject the possibility of a god, infact, I welcome it, but until we have conclusive evidence, I won't believe in one simply because it's a good idea.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Didn't science recently discover that inorganic materials formed into organic with certain chemical reactions? I'm sure this was pretty recent but could somebody clarify?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Don't you see? Proof is all around you

We should have court cases like that too from now on. Instead of showing concrete evidence and proof, we could just say "just look around you" and then promptly execute the accused. Who needs proof anyway, right?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Looks like there is a "War" going on between the "human Species" and WHAT has produced ALL...

I guess that is why the "Human Species" spends Billions and Billions of $$$$$, in as many ways possible, in an attempt to destroy LIFE ???

If this was Not the Case, You would Not Hate and MURDER Each other in War....

STOP Guessing and trying to Justify your own beliefs on both sides, and start asking Questions instead....

To be honest the Human Species is Totally Lost, but is Too Frightened to admit it...

You only have to see the Billions and Billions of $$$$$ spent each year, in so many different ways you can kill each other...

Really Very, Very Sad when you look at the behaviour of the Human Species....

No wonder "Other Species" don't visit your planet....

Who can blame them and to top it all off.... the human species turns round and pretends they the "Human Primates" are the only ones in the Universe....

How pitiful can the human species become ???

[edit on 28-8-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
Looks like there is a "War" going on between the "human Species" and WHAT has produced ALL...

I guess that is why the "Human Species" spends Billions and Billions of $$$$$, in as many ways possible, in an attempt to destroy LIFE ???

If this was Not the Case, You would Not Hate and MURDER Each other in War....

STOP Guessing and trying to Justify your own beliefs on both sides, and start asking Questions instead....

To be honest the Human Species is Totally Lost, but is Too Frightened to admit it...

You only have to see the Billions and Billions of $$$$$ spent each year, in so many different ways you can kill each other...

Really Very, Very Sad when you look at the behaviour of the Human Species....

No wonder "Other Species" don't visit your planet....

Who can blame them and to top it all off.... the human species turns round and pretends they the "Human Primates" are the only ones in the Universe....

How pitiful can the human species become ???

[edit on 28-8-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

Chimpanzees will kill and eat their own babies.
Dolphins will kill other animals for fun.
Nature is a kill or be killed world, we've just gotten clever with our killing.
If there is a intelligent source behind the universe, he's the one who set up nature with the sole intent of kill or be killed.
Also, you're a human too mate, so you're lumped in with the rest of us.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Are you saying we have no choice???

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Are you saying we have no choice???

No, I'm saying the entire idea of life on earth is based on killing, therefore, how could it offend God when God itself set up the system?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Every person has a different concept of god according to their own demands...

So why does the human species War against LIFE...

Do the other Species on Earth "War" against LIFE ???

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Every person has a different concept of god according to their own demands...

So why does the human species War against LIFE...

Do the other Species on Earth "War" against LIFE ???

Yes, they do.
Ants infact have wars where they will kill other ant colonies, and even enslave them.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

So why is the so called system based on "Killing".... esp ones own Species ???

Should the Law be changed so it is legal to commit MURDER ???

And freely Invade each others homes ???

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

So why is the so called system based on "Killing".... esp ones own Species ???

Should the Law be changed so it is legal to commit MURDER ???

And freely Invade each others homes ???

Not in my opinion.
We're social animals, therefore it's beneficial for us to co-exist peacefully together, it's how humans work.

As for the system, I don't know why it's like that, it seems to be efficient for life, but not efficient for intelligent life.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

As for the system, I don't know why it's like that, it seems to be efficient for life, but not efficient for intelligent life.

Now isn't that Interesting ???

However I do agree with you...

So what is really going on ???

Is the Human Species Evolving or is it something Else which is perhaps changing ???

And does this World have a different purpose, than most believe that is if we accept there is a reason for this World ???

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Now isn't that Interesting ???

However I do agree with you...

So what is really going on ???

Is the Human Species Evolving or is it something Else which is perhaps changing ???

And does this World have a different purpose, than most believe that is if we accept there is a reason for this World ???

Sorry for not knowing the secret to life and why nature is set up like it is.

The human race is evolving, we've gotten taller in the past thousand or so years, aswell as other small changes.

I think the purpose of this world is to evolve and grow, intelligence seems to be rather rare on earth, which really concerns me. It seems evolution just wants to keep life simple and murderous, another point that really concerns me is if there was a God behind all of this, why make reality so violent?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join