It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some suggestions get shot down so fast?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Mods, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not lock this topic. I really want to hear what members think about this.

I recently put it a suggestion to be able to view censored topics. A lot of other web sites have this option. It was locked right away.

I've also seen other suggestions/questions posted by people that are shut down almost automatically with NO REASON GIVEN except for no, or it won't happen. Some of them are understandable, some of them are not.

Youtube for example, allows you to selectively view comments marked as spam. I'd like to see why this couldn't happen on ATS. Why can't we selectively view posts/threads marked as "against ATS rules" ? Posts/threads that have been edited/censored by ATS mods?

Are we denying ignorance this way, or just being censored? It seems to go against the motto of the site that I've come to love.

I AM CONFUSED!!!!

The answers to the thread were, and I quote, "There is a reason" and "No!"

Will the mods PLEASE allow this to be discussed? I don't understand how censoring and locking threads relates to the site motto of "Denying ignorance".

Why can't we hear what other members think about this?

If a mod wants to delete or edit this post, can you PLEASE SEND ME A PM with an explanation of what you mean?

I've put so much into this site, and it is basically shattering my worldview when something like what I just asked gets deleted. I feel like my entire worldview has been crushed because I owe so much to ATS for opening my mind.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think its a great idea. Much better than say creating a Facebook account.
I hate when I watch T.V and the stuff gets bleeped. Gets me mad. Like i never
heard those words before. Censorship sucks my friend.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Being a parent, who has children that can log on to ATS, I can only say that I do not want an option for them to be able to read some of the T&C violations on ATS.

While Mods catch some of the stuff that is deleted on their own, I believe it is because of members alerting to offensive posts that this happens more often than not.

With that said, you can't just blame moderators for things being deleted. Sometimes it's requested by members.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The stuff removed violated site rules or policies. That's why stuff gets removed.

You may want to read it what was there but it isn't possible. When edited, the text or images or whatever are gone. There is a record of them in staff forums for future reference if need be but they are not accessible in the actual post.

You want more dialogue about it or if this isn't satisfactory enough, post it in the ATS Issues thread. You'll get the attention of the admins and owners in that thread quicker than here.

Thread closed.

top topics

join