It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Ground Zeo Mosque

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
www.ronpaul.com...

About The NYC Mosque!Is the controversy over building a mosque near
ground zero a grand distraction or a grand opportunity? Or is it, once again, grandiose demagoguery?

It has been said, “Nero fiddled while Rome burned.” Are we not overly preoccupied with this controversy, now being used in various ways by grandstanding politicians? It looks to me like the politicians are “fiddling while the economy burns.”

The debate should have provided the conservative defenders of property rights with a perfect example of how the right to own property also protects the 1st Amendment rights of assembly and religion by supporting the building of the mosque.

Instead, we hear lip service given to the property rights position while demanding that the need to be “sensitive” requires an all-out assault on the building of a mosque, several blocks from “ground zero.”

Just think of what might (not) have happened if the whole issue had been ignored and the national debate stuck with war, peace, and prosperity. There certainly would have been a lot less emotionalism on both sides. The fact that so much attention has been given the mosque debate, raises the question of just why and driven by whom?

In my opinion it has come from the neo-conservatives who demand continual war in the Middle East and Central Asia and are compelled to constantly justify it.

They never miss a chance to use hatred toward Muslims to rally support for the ill conceived preventative wars. A select quote from soldiers from in Afghanistan and Iraq expressing concern over the mosque is pure propaganda and an affront to their bravery and sacrifice

www.ronpaul.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think someone beat you to this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
People who oppose this Mosque aren't conservative, though they probably think they are. Instead, they are what I like to call "FOX News conservatives" or neo-conservatives. They are the "Bush conservatives" who are only conservative in name, while liberal or left in ideals.

Of course this doesn't describe all of them, obviously, though it does describe a large portion, even the vast majority.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Star for your post
I agree with everything you just wrote
except
you spelled "Faux" wrong.
just sayin...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Our medicated lobotomized brains require more visual media than chunks of text
:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
call me a certified country hillbilly redneck
if you wish. But I need a lil less rhetoric
and a lot more straight forwardness
in responses.

Is this a "Yes I am FOR" or

"No I am against" ????

c'mon Ron, ur beginning to
sound more like a politician
than a leader of a Revolution.

Ron, can you clarify your position please
with a yes or no answer.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Ron knows why the media is hyping the mosque.

All the MSM editors are a bunch of psychopathic statists that work for the CIA and Mossad.

fascistsoup.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

join