It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

airline pilot "accidently" lands at military base

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Here's some info on Ellsworth:

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm goign with the explanation that htye saw something they weren't supposed to. How couldn't they notice they were landing at the wrong airport? Why do you think the crew was debriefed?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Here's some info on Ellsworth:

www.globalsecurity.org...

OK, call me clueless and then explain how this supports your theory?

If any of the passengers/people on the ground/etc had reported something suspicious, I'd be more willing to entertain your hypothesis. But as it stands now...

Let me know if you find anything.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Hey everyone... i posted this originaly on the other forum that is up for this topic so I thought I would repost it here as well:

about 7-8 years ago I was a flight paramedic that flew out of KCRP (corpus christi international airport, in south texas) there was an incident where a commercial airline accidently landed at the wrong airport...so it is not an impossibility for this to happen, and this is a realativly busey airport with both commerical and military traffic (from a navy flight training base) so they are pretty good about watching traffic there.

BUT....the closed airport that they landed at, which the navy uses to do touch and goes on, is on the approach patch to CRP and the runway is the same (or nearly same) heading...so on a final approach it can appear to be the right airport (still a big fu-pa, and if they poor crew still have jobs and sure they will never hear the end of it, lol) as it turned out the runway was to short for the plane to take off again and they had to shuttle the entire flight to the right airport...hahaha, we had a pretty good laugh about it at the time....and i'm sure this sort of thing has happend in the past...

SO.... I think before too many conclusions are made one should at least look at the settings of these two airports (which they might not even be close to each other)....one would also have to rule out any kind of flight emergency that might have occured to (even something like a malfunctioning indicator light...bla bla bla...)

OF COURSE....this is a very strange story indeed and I hope that we find out more about what really took place

rotorfib

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join