It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karrar: Iranian UAV/UCAV/ALCM revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So I'm quite surprised nobody posted this before (Or maybe they did and I missed it?)

Anyways..

Here's the dump:

www.nydailynews.com...

The jet, dubbed "Karrar" ("striker" in Farsi), which measures about 13 feet, can travel a distance of 620 miles and carry up to four cruise missiles, state TV reports.

Some quaint Ahmednidejad gamesmanship in the end. Somehow his smile and demeanor reminds me of that GW Bush's during his terms as Prez

So is it a Kh-xx mated with a Tomahawk recovered in Iraq/Afghanistan or even Pakistan(Pak Tomahawk)?

Here's a link to an Iranian forum which contains a lot of hi-res pics allowing for close up analysis.
A quick read through of the posts throws light on what people think it can or cannot do. Some of it is patriotically blinded but still serves as good reading from an assessment point of view.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Daedalus3]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The above linked thread is in a News Forum.

... carry on.

[edit on Mon Aug 23 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I find it fascinating to see another nation become a super power such as Iran is fighting to do.

Iran.

Daedalus3

Jbird

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This quazi redneck design coupled with some nice and simple parts making for a cheap craft seems to be a much smarter way to go than the western nations that blow millions on each bomb. Its practical, but It looks pretty gay. Also, this doesnt have a shock and awe effect

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Well, I don't see much to get excited about.

It's cute, that's about the end of it.

I see nothing that can allow it to carry out an effective combat role. They need to be able to find a target, acquire it, and engage it. I see nothing there that can do that.

It looks more like a cruise missile, honestly.

And four cruise missiles? What are they smoking over there? The thing IS a cruise missile - how can it carry four more?

When they have something that we can't shoot down with one of our target drones, I'll take note.

Right now, it looks like it's a poor-man's JSOW.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Haha, its a doodlebug just 70 years too late. All it needs is a Swastika and launch ramp.
Frankly a couple of Gloster Meteors should be all that is required to deal with these. A brief tip of the wing and they will be scattered all over the place.

Jensy

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Looks good..Only a bomber for bomb and run missions.

top topics

join