It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What Do You Think About The Face Book ATS Connection?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
[edit on 23-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
ATS sent nothing to me until I went through the process of searching for the ATSnews page and then clicked on the "like" button.

I had to go to the well, the well didn't come to me.

[edit on 8/23/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well I saw the ATS FB and added it and then I started to look at it... I don't know if I like it.

I don't want people knowing who I am on ATS. The only people who know my SN for ATS on FB are ATS members themselves and a few other friends.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
ATS sent nothing to me until I went through the process of searching for the ATSnews page and then clicked on the "like" button.

If this is true, then I am wrong. Like I stated before I don't have a facebook account. I was going off people saying their ATS and Facebook accounts "linked up" while they were away and someone else said ATS sent them an invite.

However the reason I stated for why it was created in the first place remains rock solid.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Jeanius]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius and the LadySkadi

Oh I see ... thank you for the explanation, as I said I don't have a FB account so I wasn't aware they sent out invitations to ATS members with FB accounts.

Can we confirm if this is true or false?
It doesn't sound like something Bill would do.

[edit on 23 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Agreed! I use different accounts on purpose.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Terrible idea.

ATS shouldn't be succumbing to the social network phenomena. This is a relatively anonymous forum, i don't want these two worlds to collide.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

I can't speak for others, but that was my experience. I had to seek ATS out.

Now there was a button I could have used to tell everyone on my friends list about the page, but I did not use it so I cannot comment upon what it does or does not do.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I've erased and deactivated my account. next on my things to do list is deactivating my email

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I agree my friend, good point.
I don't see the big deal.

If you're already on FB, I'm sorry, the privacy ship has already sailed.

If you're on FB and want your ATS and FB worlds to be separate, just don't "like" it.

As SO said, it's more for attracting new members.

You can still view it in total anonymity.

ATS members, being dragged screaming intro the 21st century lol!

All the best, ATS, FB, Kiwifoot

[edit on 23-8-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Terrible idea.

ATS shouldn't be succumbing to the social network phenomena. This is a relatively anonymous forum, i don't want these two worlds to collide.

They collided long ago, the government can intercept the data sent between you and ATS. ATS might not even know it goes on, but if the government wanted to know every member on ATS, they could with technology from ten years ago.

This however is opening it up to marketing, more than ATS already has. You're email will be kept by Facebook, and people who advertise on Facebook, like me, can now show my ads to only ATS fans if I want.

And ATS, when the next UFO movie or Conspiracy book comes out, will post a link on the wall of their fanpage, which you will all see, that they will get paid for if you click.

Making money off of ATS members when they are not even on ATS.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
There is no link to facebook from ATS and vice versa. This is all done through word of mouth and the invites were likely sent from people who were suggesting it to their friends via the "mass email" option for individuals.

ATS does not have anything compiled...and while a very discerning individual could likely find the association to an identity through judicious research (something that could happen via other strategies as well) there is no automatic connection.

Again, there is no direct link to user accounts from facebook and the activity that occurs on this site is not available to them.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Ok but FB members like yourself all know that right?
My point is, if someone doesn't click on 'like' or 'friend' (I don't know what the difference is between the two) then they are not subject to all that ... is that correct?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think it is a very good idea.

I am all for ATS gaining legitimacy,new members, and attention, however

I think this approach could undermine the whole concept.

I would prefer to see new members join ATS independent of facebook, and

retain their privacy (If there is such a thing anymore.)

Maybe I'm just old fashioned. It just seems that due to the controversial

issues and controversial statements resulting, certain posts could be taken out

of context and come back to bite you in an unforeseen way in the future.
Take Care...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
[edit on 23-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
There should be a law amending the Constitution to make it illegal and unlawful for anyone over the age of 26 to have a Face Book account. Similarly this should also be applied to anyone over the age of 26 using their cellular phones for text messages. It’s a phone, pick it up and call for crying out loud.

Further there should be the stiffest penalties imaginable for people inviting people over the age of 26 to join Face Book, and even stiffer penalties still for anyone under the age of 26 to text message anyone over the age of 26 on a cellular phone.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have facebook, but I'll have absolutely nothing to do with ATS on facebook. No thanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Something wrong with the existing thread?

Please add your comments here: ATS Is On Facebook

Closed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join