It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is a fungus!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
OK, maybe not quite a fungus, I guess the technical term is a lichen.

Lichens are a unique form of life made possible by the symbiotic relationship between a fungus and algae. These organisms generally resemble a moss or dry leaf but often have bright colors. Lichens are important in ecological systems because through their cooperative arrangement they are capable of surviving in relatively inhospitable areas.

Anyway, some amateur scientist got so geeked out by the Obama election, he decided to name the new fungus, erm ahem, LINCHEN after our noble savior in chief.

Amateur naturalist discovers and names new species of lichen after President Obama

He “made the final collections of C. obamae during the suspenseful final weeks of President Obama’s campaign for the United States presidency, and this paper was written during the international jubilation over his election. Indeed, the final draft was completed on the very day of President Obama’s inauguration.” Since his inauguration, President Obama has called for science policy to be “based on facts, not ideology.” Knudsen named the new species Caloplaca obamae “to show my appreciation for the president’s support of science and science education.” The discovery was announced in the March issue of the journal Opuscula Philolichenum.

Examiner

I suppose it was meant as a compliment.

Here's a pic of our new commander in mold:

Maybe we can call it Obamold for short.

[edit on 8/23/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Some of these scientists get carried away with themselves. Wasnt' there some type of gene that was named after Sonic the Hedgehog?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
You mean, "there's a fungus amongus?" - Yes I'm sure you were waiting with baited breath for that one.

Good catch though...I wonder when Government Motors will name a car after BHO...perhaps they could call it the Obamobile.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Some of these scientists get carried away with themselves. Wasnt' there some type of gene that was named after Sonic the Hedgehog?

At least Sonic the Hedgehog is someone our kids can look up to and admire.

Although, I do have to say, it is somewhat appropriate that a useless, parasitic life form was named after a politician.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

It was I the one who starred you....brilliant comment I'm still laughing over that one

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
That is so ridiculous that it's funny.... nice post sir!

I've said for a long time that he crawled out from under a rock!!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I would think That Fungus has more to contribute to America, then Obama...
In fact I would say that fungus has contributed a lot to the world, as Obama is dooming us all.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
ROFL and you put it in the Science and Tech thread! Isn't their an ointment for that

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
ROFL and you put it in the Science and Tech thread! Isn't their an ointment for that

If there is, I'd bet the Republicans would love to get their hands on it.

new topics

top topics

join