It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran launches assault boats with warning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by ArcAngel

Yeah, thats the plan...

While your busy laughing and shooting up all them little boats, their new mini subs will be sneaking in for the kill

Technical drawing of new Iranian mini sub

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Well it would be quiet

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

They are going to need a 100 rowboats to 1 of these.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hello there folks thanks for the replies.

We've all had a good laugh at the Iranian's expense, but they got to start somewhere after all...

I think the intention with these small high speed boats is to use hundreds of them all at once to swarm the larger ships. The larger US craft may shred the majority of them, but all the Iranians need is one good hit on target, and they could potentially sink an aircraft carrier.

If they couple an attack such as this with Sunburn missiles launched from the shore line, you are talking about a formidable force indeed. Which is a good thing IMO I don't want to see any aggression in the region from either side.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hey there folks for anyone keeping tabs on the thread there is a new article on Truthseeker.co.uk which is worth a gander;

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

After a series of recent additions to Tehran’s military arsenal – including an armed unmanned drone and missile equipped fast attack boats – the U.S. has warned Iran that Iran may soon find itself “less secure”.

Although he didn’t specifically mention Israel, state department spokesman P.J. Crowley said such developments were a “concern” to Iran’s neighbours.

In response to the growth of Iran’s military capabilities, he continued, the U.S. had stepped up its “military cooperation with other countries in the region.

Interesting times!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Swarm the US carriers with a 100 speed boats? They have guns that fire 3,000 rounds per minute on board and jets that fire 5,000 rounds per minute. Do the math, it doesn't look good for the Iranians.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

"After a series of recent additions to Tehran’s military arsenal – including an armed unmanned drone and missile equipped fast attack boats – the U.S. has warned Iran that Iran may soon find itself “less secure”.

Looks like the Iranians will be needing some Depends!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Wackjob testing his latest and most advanced secret WMD.

Ok Ok I'm done.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

ALSO, you should know that you can forget about Sunburn missles on their cute little speedyboats. A Sunburn weights in at 8,000 + LBS. Probably more than the boat.
Sunburn

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot

ALSO, you should know that you can forget about Sunburn missles on their cute little speedyboats. A Sunburn weights in at 8,000 + LBS. Probably more than the boat.
Sunburn

Yeah but these ships wouldn't be carrying them would they? Iran would probably have them clustered on shore points to defend themslves from aggressors like the Yanks or israel.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Could be ground launched I guess although that was not their designed application. My post responded to the OPs intimation that they would be mounted on the Iranian missile launching speedboats. That's what is no way.

Shore mounted all the Navy has to do is stand-off 100 miles and let a few F-18s do their work.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I believe I suggested they would be fired from the shore;

If they couple an attack such as this with Sunburn missiles launched from the shore line, you are talking about a formidable force indeed.

But you raise a good point about the weight of the missile I did not know that. Rules out any possibility of them being mounted onto the little speed boats. Perhaps they will do something crafty like have them on fishing boats or merchant vessels. Which are unlikely to be fired upon at first.

Also I believe I stated in the OP, I feel that in any confrontation the US would win. This is fairly obvious to the point the statement is almost redundant. Still people bring it up continually. However this does not mean the Iranians cannot give them a few nasty scars to remember them by.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

Also I believe I stated in the OP, I feel that in any confrontation the US would win. This is fairly obvious to the point the statement is almost redundant. Still people bring it up continually. However this does not mean the Iranians cannot give them a few nasty scars to remember them by.

Overconfidence is the greatest enemy.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

No worries, really agree that Iran could get in a lucky punch but I also think that would be the end of the fight. US President couldn't let a major hit against US forces go unanswered just before an election.

As I have offered before, if the US forces were unleashed, Iran would be no match for them.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

Originally posted by ArcAngel
(armed with CWIS - look it up)

Exactly, here's a link for anyone interested:

en.wikipedia.org...

I'd like to see their speedboats take this on. Plenty of videos on youtube of this thing in action.

ahhh... the phalanx system...
forgett it its a crab copy of the dutch goalkeeper...
and you really think the speedboats will be sitting ducks?
no way.......!
the ships defence can only handel a limited bunch of targets...at the same time....do something extras and you break trough it easely...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Lets see, the system was designed to shoot down incoming missiles and aircraft doing better than 500 knots, oh sure a speedboat doing 55 knots will be a great challenge while the system spits out a 1,000 rounds in 20 seconds. You bet.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
People here are missing some little, but important players in the war scenario.

Iran it's not the only one who will be in the conflict!

Russia and China, will use Iran as proxy for the war against US, and in this scenario, weapons are unlimited and unknown. Or do people think that Iran is telling all about their weapons? It would be naive.

Don't forget that Chinese stolen from US for years, a lot of information about defense systems and weapon systems. Which being provided to Iran would level the scale.

It's worth mention also, the inflammatory response that Muslim all over the world will give and the economic consequence.

People, don't forget Vietnam, US was the most powerful, and loose in the end. Because you can't ever win a guerilla war in a country's that it's not yours! And Russia at the time used Vietnam as proxy for war with US. The same happen in the war between Iraq and Afghanistan Russia used too as proxy's.

To finalize, Iraq, the war is over but it hasn't been won, at least about democracy, social peace, healthcare and justice, which there is none in Iraq.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by crustas]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
For anyone that's not sure what the CWIS system is;

I don't know... I feel that if there was an assault from multiple sources this gun is gonna be seriously overworked. How long can this fire in succession?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

Originally posted by ArcAngel
(armed with CWIS - look it up)

Exactly, here's a link for anyone interested:

en.wikipedia.org...

I'd like to see their speedboats take this on. Plenty of videos on youtube of this thing in action.

ahhh... the phalanx system...
forgett it its a crab copy of the dutch goalkeeper...
and you really think the speedboats will be sitting ducks?
no way.......!

Let me spell the out for you... The Phalanx shoots M-I-S-S-I-L-E-S out of the air.... Unless these speed boats go 2k mph... They dont stand a chance.

the ships defence can only handel a limited bunch of targets...at the same time....do something extras and you break trough it easely...

Do you know how many ships support a carrier?? Unless they are sending 200K speed boats, They will all die fast with ZERO damage to our ships..

Do you picture our ships as big lumbering barges with little options?
How about all the Helo's on the ACC support ships? The Phalanx... The guns... All of the support ships.. It will be like aquatic whack-a-mole
Some people are just dilusional...

I am just worried about all the gas being spilled into the straight... The way I figure it, the little speed boats will sink with a full tank of gas. NVM... They will blow up and all/most fuel will be burned.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join