It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran launches assault boats with warning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Iran kicked off mass production of two high-speed missile-launching assault boats on Monday, warning its enemies not to "play with fire" as it boosts security along its coastline.

The inauguration of the production lines for the Seraj and Zolfaqar speedboats comes a day after President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad unveiled Iran's home-built bomber drone, which he said would deliver "death" to Iran's enemies.

Forget big ships Iran has no need. I believe these small agile craft would make a formidable opponent to any attempted aggression in the straight of Hormuz.
Particularly so if the Iranians as widely believed have the Russian Sunburn anti ship missile in their possession.

It has been theorised on many occasions that Iran's most probable course of action in any military confrontation in the region is to use small high speed boats, to swarm and overwhelm other craft. Today this prospect just came a little closer to fruition. As we all know the Iranians recently purchased the fastest speed boat currently available with the hope of back engineering it and domestically producing their own military version.

I choose to take this news as a positive, join me won't you? Iran's increasing military capability will surely be a preventative factor against any Invasion, or general military strikes.

We all know that the US military, if it chose to, could beat the Iranian military. I don't think this is in dispute. However the fact that the Iranians are gradually improving their military makes the prospect of a confrontation less of a probability. For the ATSers in the US this in no way makes the American military impotent in the region, it just levels the playing field a little.

The original article for your perusal;

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...
www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

i was watching them take a tour of the production facility earlier in the news
whats the hull called when you have it shaped like a M?
would that even make a diffrence on such a small boat?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
the speedboats will also be towing suicide waterskiers.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Is this a joke? And their new drone? You mean the little V1 German missile that flew 10 feet and the little 5 pound bomb fell off? These fast attack boats will swarm a US warship (armed with CWIS - look it up)? I have personally seen a US warship shred an attack boat after it got to close and was warned off. There wasn't enough meat to feed a baby shark.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
(armed with CWIS - look it up)

Exactly, here's a link for anyone interested:

en.wikipedia.org...

I'd like to see their speedboats take this on. Plenty of videos on youtube of this thing in action.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

ha- that is only the start of your punishments infidel..
we will send in the stealth canoes in the night..
cruise surfboards..bio-boogie boards..
weaponized waterwings..
ha- magic carpetbombing..
you will be ground into an awful falafel..

[edit on 23-8-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

The US forces, if unleashed, would leave nothing but a hole in the water or in the ground where the Iranian attacker was. In a real war without limits the US forces would utterly obliterate Iran. Can you imagine Iran's V-2 trying to intercept an ICBM traveling at mach 15? Pretty funny that they think that they would last a day.

You will notice that large modern navies don't use little "Speedboats" for their attack warships. Wonder why? I don't!

It is a shame that Iranian propagandist have infiltrated ATS. I'm not fooled.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Iran are crapping themselves, they havnt levelled any playing field
at all. Ahmenjihad is playing the biggest bluff in history, doing his
utmost to incite an attack on his own country. Then have others do
what he cannot, attack Tel Aviv with any amount of success.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

I recall reading about that secret suicide water-skiers base in Cyprus springs Florida, next to the single engine airfield that trained the Iranians who attacked the WTC in jumbo jets after 3 hours of training on a Cessna!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Ahmenawackjob is just suicide bombing using Iran.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yes I've heard of the base, its right next to the experimental Iranian RC Transformers station. These Transformers can transform on command into either tiny suicide bombers or musicians playing really irritating Persian songs out of key.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yes I've heard of the base, its right next to the experimental Iranian RC Transformers station. These Transformers can transform on command into either tiny suicide bombers or musicians playing really irritating Persian songs out of key.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

First rule of war
Never underestimate your opponent.
Look at the Iraq war everyone thought it was going to be a quick in quick out.
9yrs latter we are still there. Like the Iraq war we will carpet bomb and level the playing field but, to who's level? When you are watching it on TV its unbelievable but when your one the ground its unforgiving.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Iraq should have been over long ago, just can't fight a war PC. That's why I say if the US was unleashed. Hasn't happened since WW2 but if Iran pulled some real crap the gloves would come off.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

cant we just send you and the rest of the wakos in with M4s and watch the outcome?

atleast then it would be entertaining

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

You are the wacko if you think that fighting a war for a decade with both hands tied behind your back is smart.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

your right, how about we just nuke Iran

and along with Iran the US and other countries

heck why not wipe everyone off the face of this planet

at the end of the day we are all parcites

your life, your families life nor my life is any sugnificant of greater then that of the arabs, persions and so forth,

untie those hands and NUKE THE WORLD

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Are we feeling a little emotionally unhinged?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Yeah, thats the plan...

While your busy laughing and shooting up all them little boats, their new mini subs will be sneaking in for the kill

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Yeah, thats the plan...

While your busy laughing and shooting up all them little boats, their new mini subs will be sneaking in for the kill

Technical drawing of new Iranian mini sub

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join