It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Is On Facebook

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I understand what your concerns are, I guess what I am just rather too subtley suggesting is that if you have concerns, download some tools and look for yourself. It is not fair, really, to berate Bill and ask for "proof" for things that you can easily get yourself.

He and the other owners are not out to screw their community. What would be the logic in that? (wow, am I on a logic binge tonight or what?) However, they *are* busy people keeping this community going.

If you do find something disturbing, the board would probably be quite interesting in knowing.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Well I like the idea, using new technoligies. You don't even need Facebook to view the site, and why would you when the site is here. Do you have twitter?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The hypothetical scenario of cross-domain scripting of cookie information via JavaScript has not been proven to happen on legitimate web sites.

Cross-site scripting carried out on websites were roughly 80%
of all security vulnerabilities documented by Symantec as of 2007.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Call me paranoid, but ATS has a certain element of anonymity that goes directly out the window once your personal account is linked.

Just sayin...I think I'll stay here.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder
Call me paranoid, but ATS has a certain element of anonymity that goes directly out the window once your personal account is linked.

There is no linking of personal accounts. Why would you think there is?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
I understand what your concerns are, I guess what I am just rather too subtley suggesting is that if you have concerns, download some tools and look for yourself. It is not fair, really, to berate Bill and ask for "proof" for things that you can easily get yourself.

u r exactly correct
please forgive me

I apologize to Bill and to all of ATS

And I digress

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well I joined ATS because I hate sites like facebook, myspace etc..

I'll stay put, atleast until I'm banned..

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
truth is guys, you're just being paranoid, which is futile. if any elements in the US alphabet agency wanted to find you, kill you, or just call you, they can do it regardless of all the cautious steps you have taken to reduce the risk of exposing yourself to them.

right now, your IP address can be pinpointed and they can put a bullet through your head right now if you gave them a reason to. so just relax and lets run some laps around ignorance together.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

before i start you seam like reasonable people so please take no offence to what im about to say

your asking a membership of sceptics and conspiracy folk to calmly and rationally accept the connection of two comunities that are different. one of those sites is an active ongoing conspiracy ocording to some in our comunity, now i think when dealing with someone like me for instance who has cardboard over his onboard camera and has removed the mic from my laptop i take this stuff very seriously

not because i brake any laws but because i beleive in my privacy from unwanted and intrusive abuses of technoligy

post from a mod

Have fun...and when one considers that the 'establishment' has tech and strategy beyond the comprehension of the average human, there is no reason we can't use that same outlet to inform...

this statement illastrates the point

ATS may well be a new alfabet agency platform but i choose to be here and beleive that we are here for the betterment of the world,
to open the eyes of owners members and find truth in the crazy orb we float around the sun on together

i ask you to be patient with us paranoid geniuses while the room gets smaller as we process this change

does ATS have tech that facebook doesnt use? yes
does ATS have tech that the average member does know about? yes

we as a comunity must be aware that all that gets posted here will be monitered by DHS NSA AND MILITARY and stored indefinatly in a perminant file exactly like face book

my problem is when your conspiracy persona and real persona is exposed to the average person it can ruin lives and reputations

conspiracy theorist is a badge of honor i wear knowing in the "normal" work this badge would ruin me in a second

im a conspiracy nut which is fine here

my hope is you understand my fear of exposure is emotional not criminal

xploder

[edit on 24-8-2010 by XPLodER]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
right. Facebook account permanently DELETED 1 month ago,
MySpace - 2 months ago
next on the list : ATS

how do i do that?
right, you can't

i realized what was going on here the minute i first used the chat (control freaks), that was it for me.... and now the facebook thing

FAREWELL ATS

[edit on 24-8-2010 by raynemarina]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by raynemarina

ATS has only has made a facebook account you know. It's something which the member's can use to keep in touch and interact with each other better as well as being something which (and this is important) you don't HAVE to participate in...

No need to leave ATS forever because of it.

ETA: From the OP:

So let me be clear, if you're not currently on Facebook, please do not join just because we made a page. This effort is by no means an endorsement intended to inspire current or future members to sign up and participate there.

Again, if you're leery about Facebook, please don't join on our account. But if you do have a Facebook account, check out our new page,

See, no ones forcing you to join here.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Was the idea of the ATS-Facebook link floated wthin the ATS community before the meld ?

I don't know if it was, so just asking. It could have been when I was away

And not that it's up to ATS membership of course. ATS is a business and like any business it seeks to expand and become more profitable

But while this site may attract some from Facebook, it will probably lose a lot of long-term members as well

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
But while this site may attract some from Facebook, it will probably lose a lot of long-term members as well

That concept still baffles me. ATS has created a Facebook account. If you're already on Facebook and are so inclined, do the friend (or whatever) thing. If you'd rather not for any reason, don't. Please don't create a Facebook account just for that purpose.

Why would long-term members leave over that?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What's interesting is that we keep missing each others points here.
Mods are saying, "if you don't wanna use us on myspace or whatever, then
dont".

Very simple! I will not be on there EVER.

Members are saying "why would you expand your reach to an entity that most
on here do not trust".

Understandable and simple as well.

Expect a heated debate. Seat belts on.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
your asking a membership of sceptics and conspiracy folk to calmly and rationally accept the connection of two comunities that are different.

There is no "connection" in the usual sense related to web sites that integrate with Facebook. We have a page and we're feeding it with content in the hopes that Facebook users take notice. It would be nice that existing ATS members with a Facebook account "like" the page, but we're not asking anyone to create an account there.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
truth is guys, you're just being paranoid, which is futile. if any elements in the US alphabet agency wanted to find you, kill you, or just call you, they can do it regardless of all the cautious steps you have taken to reduce the risk of exposing yourself to them.

right now, your IP address can be pinpointed and they can put a bullet through your head right now if you gave them a reason to. so just relax and lets run some laps around ignorance together.

bwahaha. of course we're being paranoid! it's ATS!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
its just so ridiculous that ats wants us to join facebook(big brother) which now has a "location" button. no thanks!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzo

Could you please show me anything anywhere which indicates ATS wants anyone to join Facebook?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Was the idea of the ATS-Facebook link floated wthin the ATS community before the meld ?

I don't know if it was, so just asking. It could have been when I was away

And not that it's up to ATS membership of course. ATS is a business and like any business it seeks to expand and become more profitable

i honestly dont think they care as long as the money keeps rolling in.

you see people dont need to register to make ATS money they just have to keep that little counter ticking over. the more people that visit the site the better. also there are more adds to people who are unregistered than there are to members so they get more revenue from the adds. all in all it spells cha chingy ching ching. Money baby its always about money. first you figure out how to make it then you figure out how to get better at making it.

the only reason i even bother coming here anymore is because im a creature of habit. if an enterprising member here wants to open their own site which im almost certain is going to happen soon ill be moving over there. until then ill be lurking around. watching this soap opera unfold.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Are there ANY mods against this?

Up to now it just seems all the mods on this thread are FOR it...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join