It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Is On Facebook

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

fair call
only trying to be positive about this
facebook thingy

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Thanks for getting rid of that obnoxious Facebook plug on the homepage.
Geez, that was an eye sore. Kudos.

Here here < raises glass >

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Wow this is good since we can view latest thread here ..

2nd line

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Just in case my "final" question got missed...

Will we be able to "opt-out" of threads we author being posted in the facebook news feed?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
Will we be able to "opt-out" of threads we author being posted in the facebook news feed?

Unlikely.

There are many times where member contribution to a topic expands upon, or surpasses that in the opening post. It would be unfair to those participating if they expect us to continue doing our best to promote what our members have to say.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I would like to propose to ATS Admin
and staff and members an alternate
to Facebook.

There is a new social networking
site being opened under open source
ideology on Sept. 15, 2010.

This site is considered to be anti-facebook
and all programming is open source to users.
It will not have the same privacy and security
concerns that facebook has.

Remember once upon a time
Microsoft had the monopoly with
Internet Explorer and then came along
open source Firefox and changed everything.

Ladies and Gentlemen I present Diaspora
as an alternate to Facebook.

www.bbc.co.uk...

An open alternative to Facebook will be launched on 15 September, the developers of the project have said.

Diaspora describes itself as a "privacy-aware, personally-controlled" social network.

The open-source project made headlines earlier this year when Facebook was forced to simplify its privacy settings, after they were criticised for being overly complex and confusing.

The project, developed by four US students, raised $200,000 (£140,000).

"We have Diaspora working, we like it, and it will be open-sourced on September 15th," the team wrote on their blog.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei

LOL

No way... everything you write on ATS becomes the property of ATS and they can do with it whatever they please.

Kinda like Facebook

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Double post :shk:

[edit on 27/8/10 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
No way... everything you write on ATS becomes the property of ATS and they can do with it whatever they please.

This road has been traveled before, and I'm certain you know that's not correct.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
ATS FB page has been up how long?

And you cant help but notice the influx of idiots joining..

Many opening posts that should be deleted..

eg, this one just up, *snip*

Is this really what ATS needs?

(removed superfluous link)
Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on Fri Aug 27 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Non Causa Pro Causa ... specifically: Post Hoc

Event C happened immediately prior to event E.
Therefore, C caused E.

[edit on 27 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
Now all those being scared or worrying about it. Every time you connect to the internet you put out an IP. This IP tells who your service provider is. If the government really wanted to they could contact your ISP and get every little bit of info you have gave them.

Yes everything I do is most likely fed directly to a special file folder in 6 agency offices. Am I afraid of them finding me? errrr well they already visited
spent three days 'chatting'

But Facebook involves all your friend's in what you do. Originally I signed up Simply my name and password... then it actually asked for my email and email PASSWORD so they could automatically search and link all my friends

Ummm no I think not

Greeneyes is right use a fake name and other email

Funny thing is even though I did nothing on Facebook 20 or so people I do have contact with suddenly appeared on the "Are these your friends" page

Is FB CIA? Who cares? With all the Echelon and Muon sites worldwide they get the data direct anyway, and sort it with those mega liquid cooled super computers

But with your real name on FB then connected to your alter ego conspiracy nut accounts well now all your friends, and enemies... know who you are

I would be more concerned about a fanatic who disagrees with my views then I would be about those nice visitors that talk with a monotone, have no humor, and use black as the preferred aesthetic appeal in apparel. They are easy enough to handle with honesty and truth. No one else uses that tactic.

But some gungho fanatic who thinks he is on a mission to save the world from you can now harass friends and family.

FB? No thank you

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
FOR the LOVE of GOD,

Get over yourselves, people!

Don't join Facebook if you don't want to, and if this stuff has you in a tizzy, leave ATS!

That will leave room for new members alerted by ATS links to take your place.

We are all EXPENDABLE!

Really, whomever has issues with ATS making progress, just go to your room and think about it.

All these threats of leaving, because you are paranoid are silly.

You will all be back!

I'm addicted, and any other member of this site, who regularly participates, and doesn't admit to said addiction, needs counseling!

Admit it, you are hooked, and are comfortable in your nook!

Time to GROW!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I just saw a thread from ats on facebook. The thread was. "Real Fairy caught on tape".

I found most of the posts to that thread on fb obnoxious and wouldn't even have been allowed on ats.

The comments there are not complementary to ATS members.

Is this a good thing?

Mahree

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have to say that i am getting hacked off with the condescending attitude that all Facebook users are a mindless mob and that they are the 'barbarians at the gate'.

It's not true, and if i look at my friends list i couldnt imagine any of them suddenly wanting to jump in and start diluting the quality of ATS with crap.

If they are not interested in this site, they wont post on it.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Don't join Facebook if you don't want to, and if this stuff has you in a tizzy, leave ATS!

That is really a very rude remark.

I had a facebook account which I just deleted. Why? because many on here already know me under my real name. On facebook I had many of my contacts that I use in producing my threads and work in general

With all the trolls and hard core detractors I have faced over the years, last thing I need is someone pestering those contacts like ex member Chorlton did to John Lear, actually phoning him at his house

I realize most members may not have such issues, but some of us do

To say get out if ya don't like it... very rude indeed

OH and some of us are NOT expendable

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

That is really a very rude remark.

Did you read this entire thread? That remark was geared towards people who seem to be so upset about this interaction with Facebook, that they have indicated they will be leaving. So, after page upon page of whiners, I wanted to give my opinion. Perhaps I am biased, because I asked how to link my friends on FB to ATS, a while ago. I created a thread for that. If you think I am rude, my apologies, as people who were griping, over and over, are what I consider to be rude. They have gotten polite replies from both staff and owners, but ignored that, anyway!

I had a facebook account which I just deleted. Why? because many on here already know me under my real name. On facebook I had many of my contacts that I use in producing my threads and work in general

Well, then you can understand my frustration. How could something that contributes to this site with creativity, be a bad thing? It benefited you!

With all the trolls and hard core detractors I have faced over the years, last thing I need is someone pestering those contacts like ex member Chorlton did to John Lear, actually phoning him at his house

LOL, I bet that phone number is now unlisted! By the way, I have no idea what your "real," name is, because I would have no interest in contacting you at your home! That was pretty darn bold of that other person!

I realize most members may not have such issues, but some of us do

To say get out if ya don't like it... very rude indeed

OH and some of us are NOT expendable

It was addressed to members whining that they will leave, because of ATS being on Facebook. I'm expendable, while you might not be. ATS would not quit being on the internet for the pleasure of the world, if I was to drop off the face of it tomorrow!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Only paranoia I have about even favoriting or liking the ATS facebook page is if someone on here could figure who you are and use your information against you.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
As I said in the above post about the comments on a thread from ats, those comments would not be allowed here. The comments regarding members of ats are also less than complementary

I don't want that page representing my ideas and ideals of Above Top Secret.

So I have taken the choice given to me here, as a member of ATS, and disabled my link to facebook.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I "liked" ATS from my FB account. At first I was impressed that threads I might not have seen otherwise were brought to my attention via FB. Then the daily long list of ATS threads appearing on my wall became an annoyance.

I then did the same to ATS as I do to friends whose "farm" and whatever else exploits are of no interest to me -- I blocked them and it.

Not sure where that leaves me, but there was just too much being thrust in my face there from ATS. I prefer to take ATS at my leisure and decide for myself what I need to look at. I'll come here when its my mood to do so.

I hope somehow that my liking of ATS is still somehow there for visitors to my FB page to see; but if it isn't, oh well.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join