It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Your 2004 Earth-Destroyer, Deluxe Death Edition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What is with you people who think you have the right to by massive SUV, XUV, Earth-Destroyer 2004, Super Slaying Edition, so you can drive your 1 kid from the suburbs to the elementary school every day? I'm sick of it! You are all sick, sick people! You don't need industrial size gas-guzzlers, originally designed for rough terrains to drive on the highway! Do you not understand that innocent life is suffering because of your lack of care and your supreme apathy? Scientist project that at our rate, by 2050, 15-37 PERCENT OF ANIMALS WILL BE EXTINCT because you want to ride in comfort?

Ooh, leather interior, 6 DVD players, full 7.1 surround sound, 2 diesel tanks, 5 and a half miles per gallon, how luxurious!

Get a clue. Your children WILL suffer because of you.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Can I ask you one question? Do you drive a car?

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
ever hear of technology? well its making those things less harmful to the enviroment. so i suggest you quit yer bitchin cause whining aint gonna change anything. just like protesting doesnt change anything

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm a liberal and even I want a car called the Earth Destroyer.
That's just funny.

Had a friend with an AeroStar once. DeathStar would have been much cooler.

Anyway, about these 15-37 percent of animals slated to be extinct by 2050...can we pick which ones?

I vote Poodles off the planet. Anybody else?

Oh, and please change your font/background combo all blue poster guy. Can't even tell if you're on.

[Edited on 20-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Had a friend with an AeroStar once. DeathStar would have been much cooler.

[Edited on 20-6-2004 by RANT]

"THATS NO MOON, ITS A SPACE STATION!"

that would be AWSOME.

"what do you drive?"

"i drive a death star."

you would all need to come out in storm trooper armor and one guy would need to be darth vader.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Someone who actually has a job.

And children.

Why the deathstar?

Because a buncha liberal weenies passed laws that every child has to ride in a persalized LAY-Z-BOY of a toddler seat, you MUST drive an SUV if you have successfully spawned.

You cannot fit two infant car seats in the back seat of a vehicle any smaller than a lincoln town car.

Modern sedans don't have room for the Strangecraft "heir and a spare."

So, the breeders are pretty much forced into it for reasons of 'security.'

Now you can tell me I'm heartless for questioning the wisdom of child safety seats.

Instead of yelling at people, you could try asking them why instead. But then you'd have nothing to wheeze about.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Because a buncha liberal weenies passed laws that every child has to ride in a persalized LAY-Z-BOY of a toddler seat, you MUST drive an SUV if you have successfully spawned.

"Liberal weenies" made child safety laws? Damn, and I thought we were "baby killers." I can't keep the rhetoric straight anymore.

I'm sure someone will prove me wrong by saying Kerry cast the deciding vote in 1970 whatever to remove the manditory skull impalers from dash boards, but I see alot of liberal "weenies" these days being among the few against some of these police state laws...including motorcycle helmets, seat belts check points, unconstitutional road blocks and searches, ridiculously conservative BAC laws, speed traps, etc.

Don't confuse the politicians with the ideology. The biggest baddest bike rider in the world, may vote Bush...but the spirit is liberal. I can't think of anything more "conservative" than a minivan. Man, people have really politicized and twisted everything up in their head these days.

I know what you're saying though that politicians that impose gun safey laws are charged (by the right) as being liberal (since liberal has been made a dirty word), but isn't that counter intuitive labeling? Aren't gun enthusiasts the "liberals"? I can't think of a more liberal party then the LIBERtarians.

It's probably best termed as the progressives that make all the safety laws and hold manufacturers responsible...sometimes to a fault.

Yes, I'm knit picking and thinking out loud but I'm bored. No offense intended.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Yep, RANT caught me in the act of hurling invective. It was over the top; it was without any sort of rhetorical grounding. Of course, Rant is correct that the bipolar liberal/conservative dichotomy is a putrid herring being dragged across the trail of truth, a trail long since grown cold under the tread of millions of sheep. . .

I should have proceeded from a continuum based on a statist/individualist scale, a geometic regression towards infinity on the statist side, and beginning with the absolute monad of the individual on the freedom-loving side. I should have posted a footnotes page, an endnotes page, a few pie charts, and several appendices of ancillary information.

All of this, had it been included in my preliminary report, would have conclusively shown that I was railing against the statist mandate that I MUST use a certain type of restraint for my progeny, and that those restraints are ONLY available in the guzzling SUV/Urban Assault Vehicle so hated by the self-righteous guardians of parent earth.

But then, it would have not been nearly so compelling as my splatter of fecal matter that was an instinctive response to some hater that doesn't know I exist, doesn't care, and doesn't cogitate enough to take his own prejudices to task.

Isn't life wonderful?

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Thank you Strangecraft for allaying my previously stated fears that I was knit picking and would possibly be misconstrued as offensive by surpassing both those observations of myself with your own unique brand of "raising the bar." I humby consider myself now out-knit-picked and would never deem anyone to be more offensive than you.

I am also now brimming with liberal compassion over the situation you have found yourself in through no fault of your own. Both burdened with the duties of parenting and being forced to drive a mommy mobile.

I hope that my efforts at engaging innocent conversation with you have not produced any long lasting ill health effects and you will continue to find solace from your horrible situation in the rage you inflict on invisible enemies. With that in mind, I shall give you the space a minivan driver warrants and stay clear of your road rage.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I hope that my efforts at engaging innocent conversation with you have not produced any long lasting ill health effects and you will continue to find solace from your horrible situation in the rage you inflict on invisible enemies. With that in mind, I shall give you the space a minivan driver warrants and stay clear of your road rage.

Dude. you're fine. Don't worry about offending me.

First, we're on the net. Like.
Second, we're on the Top Secret Site
Third we're in the RANT section.

Surely, this is the Holodeck of rhetorical intrigue. You are not responsible for my emotions. I am. And If there is one place were you ought to feel free to piss into the drinking fountain of public conversation, this is most assuredly the place.

So . . . En Garde!

But I've loved crossing sabers with ya.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I was going to take the "high road" after you zinged me back again, assuming you would.

You beat me to it.

Seriously, I wanted to say how well you "rant" and applaud you for it. No hard feelings at all. Your polite sarcasm really did make me smile the very first time. I really was impressed.

new topics

top topics

join