It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air base expansion plans reflect long-term investment in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Air base expansion plans reflect long-term investment in Afghanistan

www.washingtonpost.com

Three $100 million air base expansions in southern and northern Afghanistan illustrate Pentagon plans to continue building multimillion-dollar facilities in that country to support increased U.S. military operations well into the future.
This Story

Security concerns make Afghan election dangerous for politicians, voters alike
Afghan officials challenge U.S. on aid contract abuses
Four U.S. soldiers die in Afghanistan
Karzai says he sought release of aide
Pentagon expanding 3 bases in Afghanistan
Afghans, U.S
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
well looks like the military hasent gotten the memo that were in a recession but i bet this dosent have anything at all to do with those huge mineral deposits that they just found in the area so now we got that super base in Iraq but also were building 3 more in Afghanistan wonder what Russia is gonna think about that did a quick check and i haden't seen this posted so i dont think it will be a double posting but dose seem that were gonna be in that area for atleast the next 3 years

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
US government stimulating the Afghan economy I see...

What about stimulating the US economy and helping securing it at the same time?

Build US military bases on the US-Mexico border.

Like Iraq, the US will never leave Afghanistan.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Funny, how the US's altruistic ' missions' always seem to end up with them building military bases in the countries they are 'helping', and making billions from that country's natural resources....

Once they've built their basis, pillaged and created utter chaos, they will leave Afghanistan too...

And they point the finger at others and call them terrorists. There are not words adequate to describe the theiving warmongers who orchestrate all this crime and suffering.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Sorry mods for my one word post on the second line.

RESOURCES!!!

And again the Controlcenter for Foreign Resources and the Criminal Intentions Agency have a place to LOOT and PILLAGE.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Sorry mods for my one word post on the second line.

RESOURCES!!!

And again the Controlcenter for Foreign Resources and the Criminal Intentions Agency have a place to LOOT and PILLAGE.

Exactly correct. Once the New York Times announced 3 months ago(?) that they had found mineral deposits worth 3 trillion dollars in Afghanistan I knew that the US would not be leaving in my lifetime and I am 42.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Resources are not the only reason the U.S. conquered Afghanistan, although that is a major reason.

One of the other reasons for the invasion of Afghanistan can be viewed as giant chess move because of the strategic location of the country itself as it is near Iran, China, and Russia whom are all viewed as long-term enemies to the U.S.' global dominance agenda. These three new 100 million dollar airbases will give us the ability to patrol and attack virtually anywhere in the Middle East and Asia.

Also, before the war Afghanistan was as much of a 3rd-world country as you could get. Now the U.S. is implementing our way of life for the people of Afghanistan. They still have their religion we won’t try to convert them that would not go well, but can you imagine if Afghanistan turned into a modern day country with all of the modern day convinces of the West. If the U.S. is successful in modernizing Afghanistan just think of how many immigrants would flock there from Turkmenistan, Tajikstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Uzbekistan for a better way of life, safety, schooling, jobs, running water, affordable food, and luxuries of all sorts.

Not that those countries don't have any of these things, they just don't have them at the level the U.S. does.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Yes I was just going to say, it's yet another chess move on the giant board game of Earth to the US Military. Don't they realize that if they keep pushing towards them, they will eventually retaliate??

Afghanistan is now the property of USA, CO. nothing to see here, move along.

NEXUS

new topics

top topics

join