It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Swedish chief prosecutor demands explanation for arrest order Of Wikileaks's Assange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The former Swedish chief prosecutor, Sven-Erik Alhem, demands an explanation from the prosecutors that filed the arrest order for Assange and later withdraw the order. Alhem tells the Swedish newpaper Dagens Nyheter that he finds the actions of the prosecutors bizarre and confusing. Alhem points out several actions to DN that he finds questionable; the arrest order was based on the assumption probable cause, the strongest grade of suspicion of crime that is required for an arrest order, and later this probable cause suspicions is withdrawn without the appearence of any new information in the case. This is very confusing.

An order for an arrest in absentia is not normally made official as this will give the suspect a chance to escape.

www.skandinaviflorida.com...

Crazy world we live in lol right?

I can't wait to see what will be the response here, or if there is one to begin with.

Out of all the stupidest things in the world........
this has GOT TO BE the dumbest attempt of being stupid

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Apparently one of the links I used in the above post doesn't like to be used on ATS or something, so I'm going to try this again using a different source, ...

This is probably one of the shortest lived arrest warrants ever, ...

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange facing arrest over 'rape' claim ... Aug 21, 2010

Sweden drops rape accusation against founder of WikiLeaks - CNN.com Aug 21, 2010

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It seems like Assange has his own theory as to why he was accused of rape and a warrant for his arrest issued, ...

WikiLeaks founder: Did the C.I.A. spread rumors he's a rapist?

The Australian activist is still being investigated, however, for the lesser charge of molestation. Assange is currently based in Sweden, and implied on WikiLeaks' Twitter account that the accusations were part of a calculated smear campaign. Does Assange have good reason to be suspicious? (Listen to Assange make his claim)

This vicious smear campaign will not work: In times past the C.I.A. would just "assassinate and murder" those who undermined them, says Nicholas John Mead at his blog. These days, they have to "find other ways of 'subtly' smearing them in the public eye."

I would say, "time will tell", but I doubt it.

[edit on 8/23/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
the CIA is still killing people. as is the jewish version, 'mossad'.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
the CIA is still killing people. as is the jewish version, 'mossad'.

I think that would be better, and more accurately, phrased as ''Israeli version'', Mossad.

new topics

top topics

join