It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: Australia intelligence warned of ‘dirty tricks’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Australian intelligence services had warned WikiLeaks of "dirty tricks" before Swedish authorities issued a short-lived arrest warrant for founder Julian Assange over a rape claim, he said Monday.

"We were warned on the 11th (of August) by Australian intelligence that we should expect this sort of thing," Assange said in a telephone interview with broadcaster Al-Jazeera from a secret location in Sweden.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.rawstory.com...

I was going to post this in the "Breaking Alternative News" forum but for some reason, my web-browser is allowing me to connect to that forum. Oh well, this is political too, I guess.

Anyway, it appears that Assange has at least a connection with Australian intelligence services. This supports the notion that Assange and Wikileaks could be a western intelligence services asset, something that I am personally leaning towards. Another claim made by Assange, according to this article, is that the Pentagon may not be behind the rape allegations and it seems as if he made a point in expressing that view, though in a tactful manner.

If he wasn't "in bed" with Australian intelligence, then why would they warn him, especially seeing how Australia is a stalwart ally of the US?

Something smells like tuna.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It's been smelling all weekend friend.

When I woke up Saturday and saw this on CNN, then noticed FOX didn't touch it (as far as I saw) and then no more mentions of it....

This is just not adding up right. I think we are being had here.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Ray McGovern shares with us his analysis of the recent article published in the Atlantic written by the infamous American-Israeli writer Jeffrey Goldberg on Israel’s case for bombing Iran and the reasons why the United States should join in. He talks about the ramifications of the recent and ongoing WikiLeaks disclosures, the pitiful state of the mainstream media, the Internet as the new fifth estate, and more. www.boilingfrogspost.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Julian has a good relationship with our feds.They have even admitted they like him.
He has a lot of support from the Australian people.
If he had of run for the last election he would have cleaned up.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

When I woke up Saturday and saw this on CNN, then noticed FOX didn't touch it (as far as I saw) and then no more mentions of it....

Shephard Smith just did a big discussion about it. Not five minutes ago

So did Megyn Kelly.

Nonetheless disturbing.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

KEN DAY: I think one of the strengths of democracy is having a strong media, an independent voice to actually challenge what government and corporate worlds are doing and I think we’ve lost a lot of that in recent years. And so I, at a very high level, I would support what he’s doing to support transparency but I will caution there are always inherent dangers in how it’s done, but I think it’s great.

www.abc.net.au...

It's true, apparently he does have some sympathizers in the FP community, or so it seems... Maybe they are just gaining his trust before spoon-feeding him a bunch of Bull# that gets him captured or killed... Alas i don't believe that to be the case and personally hope that he is actually in this for the good fight, not just as a covert tool for weeding potential leakers out of intelligence services.

Also, another great post Airspoon.
Your on fire dude!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This whole thing smells like a bag of tuna, has since asange broke into the mainstream limelight. I wish I could dive into this further, but the entirety of what has been going on in and around wikileaks is confusing to say the least.

My only thought on asange being an asset of the western intelligence community is: to what end? For the life of me I can not wrap my head around th motives and actions. Guess we'll see.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Having friends fighting in the middle east, I am not yet decided on Assange & Wikileaks. I know that there is no way I would rat my friends out unless it was something like rape. War is war, its a horrible thing.

I think Assange has made his point to the US & coalition governments, maybe its time to just hold on to those war documents until it is over, concentrate on other issues for now. I do agree these things should come out, but maybe not any more until its done, even if that is a decade away.

I know that may not be a popular view on here, but every time I hear of a casualty I nearly have a panic attack waiting to hear if I know the guy, & I salute the TV when their coffin is on. They are having a hard enough time as it is without having to worry if Wikileaks has compromised them & their mission.

As for the Australian Intel. groups warning him, Im actually proud of them putting one of our own ahead of Washingtons feelings, Id hope they would warn me if someone was trying to set me up & I know ALL of you would want a similar warning if it were you. Deny that & you are full of it.

As for them being in bed with him, I doubt it. Dont get me wrong, I dont trust our government, I just dont think ASIO or the AFP would side with someone who has the potential to hurt them. Yes, "....keep your enemys even closer" isnt a bad idea, but also consider the fact if we wish the CIA etc to share intel with us, we have to PROVE their trust is warranted.

Being in bed with someone who has damaged the US govt does the opposite of that.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

I am just about as certain as one could be without seeing hands in cookie jars, that Assange and Wikileaks is an intelligence asset. There are simply far too many red flags to ignore. Furthermore, what information has Assange or Wikileaks really blown out in the open that matters in any particular way? Sure, they released the colatteral damage video but didn't we already know that these things go on? Did it really effect reality at all? Did it cause any kind of change? No, it was relatively unimportant, though went a long way to give Assange "street cred".

From all of the research that I have done on Assange and WL, I'm almost certain that something is awash. I'm currently building a thread on it now (have been for about a week) and I'm fairly certain that those who take an objective look at it, will also smell fish (if they haven't already). To be blunt, I feel that Assange is a disinformation agent and what's scary about this particular alleged "disinformationist" is that it was apparently well planned out, has a lot of people on his hook and has built credability through relatively unimportant "leaks".

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
In 2004 Bush signed a order giving Britain and Australian access to SIPRNET. The DOD decided they wouldn't get it and stamped everything possible "NOFORG". The DOD has there own priorities and politicians can't change there minds the DOD and SIPRNET is ran by the "Corporations" who created it and run it. How about all those secret programs for billions of dollars like Aurora, Medusa and Borealis. Those are stream processing engines paid for with black bugets the 4 star generals didn't even know what they were. Used to run SIPRNET. The DOD also got angry at the CIA in the begining of the Iraq war they asked the CIA to spread propaganda to help support the war among the Iraqis they thought the CIA didn't do a good enough job so the DOD ran there own propaganda and the CIA and DOD both confused each other with reports that didn't make since. The DOD is getting out of control they spy on the US politicians, US companies, US citizens not to mention there even worse with spying on other countries even Australia. So if theres a military that is steping out of line over and over even on its own leaders and country YES!! other countries take notice and there secret services leak things that are wrong. So I can't blame them. And if they use Assange and Wikileaks so they have a little cover so be it.

gc.nautilus.org...

www.rollingstone.com...

projects.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Agreed. Like I said I havent made up my mind on the guy & certainly havent read through all the documents released. Lazily, I was hoping anything important would be found by the ATS community & Id read about it then.

None of us know what else WL does have, & like whats been released, it may be nothing new, but you never know, & if the general impression is that Assange & WL are suspect, would it matter so much if they did shut up until its all over ? I really dont understand his motives.

Im sure you already know, but Assange has been a pain in both the Australian & US govt.s butts since he was a kid, so he has been on the radar for some time for his hacking & shutting down a shuttle launch.

Again, none of us know what they have, & Id prefer to sit on the side of caution & have them keep these secrets just in case it MAY put soldiers lives at risk. None of us need to lose any more.

That said, I hope you do find some good evidence in your research, Im open to any idea.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

dirty tricks by assange playin to the crowd.

wheres the proof? all that article was based on is his word and imo his opinion carries little weight.

assange "raped" someone the warrent was issued and now oh never mind....

yeah smells like the dude is trying everything he can to stay in the lime light.

even so far as settting up the "rape" allegation.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
My gut feeling is this guy is not all that he says he is and his website is probably controlled.

In the old days the documents that Wikileaks released would have leaked onto the Internet on some badly constructed temporary website with a URL a mile long and would have largely gone unnoticed by the mainstream media.

Just my opinion but could be wrong.

Anyone that has documents that they want to leak dont need Wikileaks to do it anonymously.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Mark_Frost]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

In Superman I trust...

Amen...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well the Pentagon just announced that back in 2008 a foriegn intelligence agency managed to get a virus into the pentagon computer system. Anyone think its possible that wikileaks is a front to see what countries are reading the posted information?

Pair the leaks up with the recent security leak announcement, and it almost looks like a counter espionage, albeit elaborate, operation that is running.

There is just enough coming from the US Government that keeps this story simmering, but not boiling over. Just enough information to keep this story close to the front page, but not overdone.

If the US has such an intrest in keeping this information secret, they would of taken steps to stop it, as they have done in the past. Solmething with this is different.

Foriegn intellience operation compromising the Pentagon
Rampant corruption in the Afghan Government
A senior aide to Karzai is on CIA payroll and a target of corruption charges
Military leak of this magnitude coming from one relatively low ranking enlisted soldier.

Had this information been leaked with someone with officer rank it would of drawn too much attention to the story of national security compromised.

One huge disinformation campaign to throw off the Taliban in Afghanistan. One huge disinformation campaign to draw out the foriegn intelligence service that comprmoised the pentagon.

Having the Pentagon, or the US Government for that matter, release certain types of information, and people would question the intent behind it.

Use a source that the people can relate to, the easier it is to get the info out, on their terms. Release o information is now controlled in pieces with the guise of its an ongoing investigation.

I dunno.. just a thought.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Xcathdra]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
How am i supposed to get 200 posts to join the chat club if I can't use one liners. anyway never too short of words. Did you consider maybe the Australian government cracked into the pentagon files usung Assange. I know that he is somewhat looked out for by someone with that Admin if you guy by the news articles over time.
Like the one where Australia refused to confiscate his passport on request of the US . Maybe we value more our freedoms.

top topics

join