It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul statement on the GZ mosque

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Some snippets...visit the link to see his complete analysis.

RonPaul.com

Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots: Stop Your Demagogy About The NYC Mosque!

The justification to ban the mosque is no more rational than banning a soccer field in the same place because all the suicide bombers loved to play soccer.

It is repeatedly said that 64% of the people, after listening to the political demagogues, don’t want the mosque to be built. What would we do if 75% of the people insist that no more Catholic churches be built in New York City? The point being is that majorities can become oppressors of minority rights as well as individual dictators. Statistics of support is irrelevant when it comes to the purpose of government in a free society—protecting liberty.

Looks like Ron Paul understands the Constitution quite well. Too bad a lot of ATSers will part ways with him on this issue.

This is all about hate and Islamaphobia.

[edit on 8/23/10 by mothershipzeta]

[edit on 8/23/10 by mothershipzeta]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

You know whats probable the worst thing about Ron Paul and the American peoiple is that he will never be "PRESIDENT" and I think that maybe the worst, I deeply beleive if anyone could have turned the ecconomy and country around is people like him in office instead of the lying crooks that have been elected in the last 20 years!!

MONEY IS KING......

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

S&F for you for posting some intelligent commentary that is sure to create some debate here...even if it comes from a politician!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Regarding Ron Paul, my opinion has varied back and forth over the last few years.

But this brave statement from him shows me that he truly understands freedom and the ways that others seek to undermine it definitely swings my opinions several notches towards the positive!

Great and timely post mothershipzeta!

new topics

top topics

join