It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Grass is Greener?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I would love to hear everyone's comments and opinions.

"The grass is greener, on the other side."

Everyone has heard that old saying, but does it ring true?

The grass may be greener on the other side, but…..

The grass still needs to be cut.
You still need a reliable lawn mower.
The grass still needs to be fertilized.
The grass still needs to be watered.
The grass needs to be weeded.
The grass still needs to be edged.
When an animal craps on the grass you still need to pick it up.
Sometimes the grass is actually a lot bigger than expected, and takes longer to care for.
Sometimes it actually costs more to care for.
Sometimes it dies just as quickly as the grass you just left behind.

Moral of this story:
No matter where you choose to be, it takes work, awareness and knowledge to keep things alive.

Author – T. Fullerton

I got special permission to post this from the author who is a close friend of mine. I hope you all can relate.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I can relate, all right... Now if others could, we'd be set!

Nice piece, RealTruth.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think sometimes in life many people think the grass is greener, only to find out that it's greener but it takes the same amount of work.

"Out of the frying pan, into the fire" Comes to mind.

I think to center ourselves is the key, to enjoy and appreciate what we already have around us and care for the things we have.

I have personally been trying to follow the philosophy of being in the now, instead of living in the past or worrying about the future, because the future will take care of itself if we live in the now. And the past is just that.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
hhcore,

I think we have to choose those people that have the same mind sets, then we won't have to worry about those people that don't understand the meaning of "the power of oneself".

But I hear you, loud and clear.

Peace brother!

Originally posted by hhcore
I can relate, all right... Now if others could, we'd be set!

Nice piece, RealTruth.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I see so many other people falling into the depths of the imaginative.

The truth is, as humans, we enjoy some sort of change when we get bored.

And when we get comfortable, we decide to screw things up again and change how we live.

You may have all the money in the world, but you do not have the feelings you have always dreamed of.

You may have the best family in the world, but not putting food on the table takes its toll.

You may have family, you may have money, but you do not have any problems. So as ironic as it sounds, you make problems for yourself just to solve them.

The grass isn't greener, but it is fresh. Then after we take a # on it, we leave it for someone else to clean up.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

The grass isn't greener, but it is fresh. Then after we take a # on it, we leave it for someone else to clean up.

Excellent point and observation, it's seems many people are doing this these days without thinking, but why?

Selfishness, Greed, or can they claim that they are not aware of their choices.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Nice thread Realtruth, and I would say that human's fascination and pursuit of novelty is what keeps the grass green "over there." Always running into discontent, our mind seeks out novelty, whether it be from curiosity or some innate trait that helps ensure our survival. Like a "just in case" option being available or something. I am reminded of our fickleness with the weather too. When it is cold we complain and wish for heat, then when it is hot, we immediately wish for cooler temps. Ahhh the discontent...

my .02,

spec

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The Dutch feel the grass is greener everywhere.

We have made complaining an art form... Really

A study recently showed the Netherlands is in the top ten list of countries where you can live life the best.

Go figure.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The author and humorist Erma Bombeck wrote a book called "The grass is always greener over the septic tank". This made me think of that.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Nice.

Maybe we do need crap in our lives in order to enrich and make the grass greener.

In that case I have some really green grass.

Reminds me of another proverb.

A person climbed all the way to the top of the ladder of success, only to find out, he climbed the wrong ladder.

Originally posted by damwel
The author and humorist Erma Bombeck wrote a book called "The grass is always greener over the septic tank". This made me think of that.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. In fact my lawn is exactly like my neighbors.

In this you are correct.

But that jerk next door has an in-ground pool and that really gets my goat!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sometimes the grass is greener because there is so much more s**t to fertalize it
My motto? Love what you have and celebrate anothers success. It works for me and just keeps getting better.
Ayoba!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Think of it this way who has less bills and upkeep.

When pools has problems with the filtration system, cracks, leaks or heater it gets very expensive.

I personally like everyone else that has a pool, or community pools, less of a head ache.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mzansi
Sometimes the grass is greener because there is so much more s**t to fertalize it
My motto? Love what you have and celebrate anothers success. It works for me and just keeps getting better.
Ayoba!

Love it!

Very good motto and words to live by.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have always had a saying similar: The grass may be greener on the other side, till you find it takes the same crap to grow it.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I don't believe in the 'grass being greener' as people will think that it's okay to take in all the pain and suffering in this world, as after you've gone it will be peace and quiet elsewhere. Earth will be our home until 7th density I think(have to check up on that). TPTB (the powers that be) made all that stuff up, including religions, to allow them to control you. Christianity is a good example, in the Bible it states:

1)Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
2)Do not touch (meaning respect) the masters property. (the Rich)
3)Render unto Caesar. (listen and obey your leaders)
4)Turn the other cheek. (ignore your enemies no matter how much they harm you. ( like today celebrities, politicians, bankers etc get away with everything and anything).
5) Jesus says that his people will gain their reward in the afterlife(grass is greener)
6) Love your enemies.
This is what capitalism is based on.

A perfect example of capitalism is found here(picture)
en.wikipedia.org...
and click on criticisms. click on image to enlarge.

Communism, is the same thing without Jesus, that's why its feared by religious leaders as it renders them useless, but its more honest. As I have given the above examples on Capitalism the Communist's state:

1) From each according to his abilities to each according to his needs. (same thing as the other first one)
2) For the communists all private property is theft.
3) The communists on the other hand say resist your masters.
4) Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
5) Communists say that there is no afterlife and the reward must come here and now.
6) The communists say overthrow them, with violent revolution if necessary.

As yo can see although the same, communism is far more honest. Majority of the world's leaders were proudly Christian, as you can control the people easily. If any christian does feel offended by all this, I apologise.

I know I have gone off topic, quite a bit, just wanted to clear things properly.

Regards, Naeem

[edit on 2-9-2010 by naeem11111]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I have always had a saying similar: The grass may be greener on the other side, till you find it takes the same crap to grow it.

I love wittiness of this thread thus far.

Nix that is so true. lmao

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The grass is always greener after a $hit storm.

new topics

top topics

join