It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims in Indonesia behead 3 Indonesian Girls for being Christian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Its stories like these that put the Ground Zero Victory mosque into perspective.

Three Indonesian girls beheaded

Three Indonesian girls beheaded
By Tim Johnston
BBC News, Jakarta

Three girls have been beheaded and another badly injured as they walked to a Christian school in Indonesia.

They were walking through a cocoa plantation near the city of Poso in central Sulawesi province when they were attacked.

This is an area that has a long history of religious violence between Muslims and Christians.

A government-brokered truce has only partially succeeded in reducing the number of incidents in recent years.

Police say the heads were found some distance from the bodies.

It is unclear what was behind the attack, but the girls attended a private Christian school and one of the heads was left outside a church leading to speculation that it might have had a religious motive.

Islamic state

Central Sulawesi and Poso in particular was the scene of bitter fighting between Muslims and Christians in 2001 and 2002.

Flashpoints: Sulawesi

More than 1,000 people were killed before a government-brokered truce.

Although the violence has been subdued, it has never gone away completely.

A bomb in May in the nearby town of Tentena, which is predominantly Christian, killed 22 people and injured over 30.

The fighting four years ago drew Islamic militants from all over Indonesia and many have never gone home.

Analysts say the militants have targeted central Sulawesi and believe that it could be turned into the foundation stone of an Islamic state.

The analysts have warned that the violence could resurface at any time.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by insideNSA]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Google can be your friend. If you know how to use it:

Last Updated: Saturday, 29 October 2005, 08:32 GMT 09:32 UK

Not breaking, not news and poor Googling.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Seriously this is an old story....and I remember, that it was literally WAR in Poso/ Sulawesi/ Indonesia between muslims and christians. I can assure you that BOTH sides made huge atrocities (since it is long ago i am to lazy to find sources, just google it), with the police supporting chiristians and army supporting muslims..... it is simply a backward area, where people still live by the "law of the jungle" religion was just a pretext

Luckily this bad chapter closed already and its all peace now in Sulawesi (although fragile)

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

thank you for pointing out the article is old. you just proved my point. I just pointed out the EXACT SAME THING, to the OP of the 'target Iran' thread. The OP used articles from 2004. I pointed this out and no one seemed to care.

Everyone was quick to say 'great job OP' way to go. I'm thinking... isn't this site about denying ignorance? Because the post was anti american, no one seemed to care that the data was dated and no longer relevant.

there is so much anti-americanism on this site that facts don't seem to matter anymore

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Inside USA
how about something a little more modern like:
Us slaughters several hundred thousand anti taliban Iraqis: no wmd found...
would that make you feel a little more patriotic?
or would that be anti american hate speech?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
how does this put the ground zero mosque which is neither in ground zero no is a mosque into perspective?

should we talk about the wars, erik prince being a christian colonist, the vatican and pedophillia too so we can put christian churches and catholic churches into perspective too?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

so we just blow it off?

because they are "backwards"?

guess it wasn't your daughter. they must have been trying to convert some guys.

sorry, can't dismiss this. i remember it well.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by insideNSA

Im so sick of all this religious ignorance. I cannot wait till the food is served and there is no more ignorance like this in the world. And yes those guilty of this deserve to become food as much as I hate to say it. See many think they are so religious until they think noone is looking. Which makes their true selves come out and validates them passing or becomming food.

RIP to the baby girls who died from these ignorant soon to be snacks. Its a shame what must be done to this earth but it makes sense. I see why he trapped the Nephilim and didnt destroy them.

Many can keep thinking they are getting away with murder. They shall have their turn.

[edit on 8/23/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i am the father of 2 girlsand if anyone hurt them. it would be the most to turn me to be a killer. i just can't belive this still happens in our time.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Justice had been served. The killers were executed (google the killers name: Tibo Cs.)

In reference to backwards, people there get very quickly very emotional for the smallest reason, believe me, I am living for 10 years + in Indonesia now and know of the general behavior of various ethnics here.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
were they muslim OR muslim extremists?Their is a HUGE HUGE differnce ya know.
me too IF i had kids, (im protestant) ide most certainly not kill yet anyways, a msulim extremeist beh3eading my aighter over someting small, ide take my time, cruxify him in the name of god in christian religion adn make him rea my bible before leaving him for the buzzards or burning him at the cross...maybe even tieing him to a cross turned upside down

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Thtas gotta scae any muslim lol. a muslim i worked with, from bangladesh was telling me in her religion, they belive in god, but dont belive jesus at all, nor he was the son of god. She/they also belive belive, when you die, thier is no hell, everyone goes to heaven. I wanted to debate that with her, but realized it was wrong and useless..her belifs and mine were so SO far left and right field of eachother.

new topics

top topics

join