It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Channels Alex Jones In NY Times Bestselling Book "The Overton Window"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

One of the primary characters in Glenn Beck’s New York Times number one bestselling novel The Overton Window is blatantly a caricature of our own Alex Jones, according to a reader who sent us his review of the book. Jones is fictionalized as “Daniel Baily,” the patriot movement leader who tries to prevent the U.S. government from carrying out a false flag terror attack on Los Angeles.

What is interesting about this is that Beck tried to distance himself from the book in the afterwards, saying that certain elements, such as war games on 7/7 is merely a coincidence

Is Glenn Beck a genuinely concerned patriot who is just afraid of losing his media platform if he goes all the way? Is he merely an opportunist out to make money from paranoia about the obvious and very real collapse of America? Or is he a pied piper, gaining trust from the patriot movement by putting out a good message only to later lead them astray?

It's interesting that this patriot character, whomever it is based on, is seen as a hero standing up to the CIA and Homeland Security, but apparently Beck only has this view in the world of fiction???

[edit on 23-8-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Glenn Beck is a paid editorialist who will alter and adapt his opinions to please his sponsors, backers, employers to guarantee his own income.

He is a performer, plain and simple. Attributing any other qualities to him, above that, just sets one up to be disappointed.

His only goal is to have a shelf life longer than Morton Downey Jr had.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Daniel Baily, You know what they say, "Birds of A Feather Flock together."

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I feel Glenn Beck deeply desires to educate the masses on the truth behind conspiracy theories, but has a short leash by the people who control radio and TV. When Glenn first aired his show on Fox News, he was on FIRE with exposing the two-party scam, and the corruption across the board. In a way, he was allowed to speak the truth for a short time, only to gain trust. People respected him, and a following (Tea Party) soon took in effect, but now his show sucks, and the majority seems to be following him right into the Repulican Party.

The elite allow some to become hero's, only to control them, and their followers down the road. It's sad.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Glenn Beck and Alex Jones both profit from the world of conspircies and fear. They 'sound' like they are exposing the real truth but only skim over the truth as to not upset their masters.

Beck is an actor. A good one, but his purpose is to keep anti-government conspriacists within arms reach of the MSM. Making it easier to control.

Alex jones is just a complete nutjob! He has been proven many times to be insane, and a puppet. He refuses to talk about the real poeple in control because he is working for them. It's his job to incite fear and hatred. Let's also not forget that he is a racist and bigot towards many different types of people.

I could care less about Beck's book or if Alex Jones is in it. They both need to be exposed as the puppets they are!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

You couldn't be more wrong. Beck talks about conspiracy stuff then goes on to say none of it is real. Jones says it is very much real. These 2 couldn't be more different.

Even in this book at the end of the book Beck says he doesn't believe in any of it and that none of it exists. Alex never does that.

Beck co-opts good genuine things and poisons them. Alex exposes real things and gets hate because people think he doesn't talk about Jews enough or he is a Vatican spy or Reptilian overlord.

AJ is good people and although it is becoming vogue these days in the conspiracy crowd to hate on him I still like him. It is more about shunning success than it is about actually disliking him. Human beings tend to hate people who become successful. This is just human nature and AJ is a casualty of success.

Beck is a Fox employee who has been tasked with co-opting the truth movement then telling them none of it is real. AJ says it is real. They are nothing alike.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

he has done more to expose the mess we are in then you have or ever will have..
but he luvs the publicity you give him...
thanks for helping out.
as was pointed out in a review of Becks book:
he calls it faction...
I love John Stewarts Beck take down it is hilarious.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Glenn Beck didn't even write the book.

It was ghostwritten by a guy named Jack Henderson.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ah so we have Mr. Beck, a shill and showman for his corporate/neo-conservative masters channeling the abjectly insane and many times over debunked Mr. Jones.

I'd like to just say who cares, people like these deserve the company of each other however both sadly have massive followings. Well I do believe that when you are getting into egos the size of these two, some headbutting is inevitable, though not nearly as hilarious as the name-calling between Coulter and Farah also going on right now.

That all said, it's a side-show, nothing really of value.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

They are both puppets for the poeple that wish to manipulate and mold public opinion.

Beck is just an actor, hired to put on a show. He uses emotion and fear to draw support for the right.

AJ is in somewhat of the same boat. He is an actor and even admitted by members of his own crew. His films do not touch the real people in charge, and they are part of the CFR, etc. The Jesuits and catholics are the people who call the shots but AJ never allows it to be talked about. He has censored people on his show for trying to talk about those very people and he will not allow it.

AJ uses the world of conspiracy theories to make vast amounts of money. All of which is fed back to his masters. Check out his website, it looks like a CT walmart....and he rakes it in.

AJ is also known for faking his arrests, including the Bush incident, the NY arrest and the time he refused fingerprint scans at the airport. All occasions there were MSM cameras present and he made full use of them.

Of course lets not forget that AJ uses the same tactics as Sean Hannity and Limbaugh on callers he disagrees with, except AJ takes it to the extreme. He has called people vulgar names, called people retards, has been shown to completely lie on air and even cursed at people. All because they had a different opinion. Lets also not forget that he 'claims' to have predicted 9/11. Which is crap, he simply followed the lead of Bill Cooper and tried to get credit for it. He also tried to get the American public to go nuts over Y2K. His irresponsible actions on that day could have killed many people and caused mass panic, but I'm glad most people knew he was a sham to begin with.

Don't believe me. Go to youtube and check out some of the videos about him. There are some scary ones where he goes completely crazy for no reason. I believe he is insane. But I do know he is a puppet of TPTB to incite fear and to sell products.

So ya, Beefcake, they are a little different in their delivery style, but their ends are exactly the same. They wish to misinform and confuse as to make people rely on their 'products'. None of them speak about the documented truth. 100% truth.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I know this is a old thread, but I'm not able to create new ones yet and I had something I wanted to share about this book.

I'm usually reading history books and other non-fiction type stuff, just recently I thought I'd try a fiction book and picked up the Overton Window. I can't really stand Glenn Beck but the idea of a fiction book based primarily on real events + the promise of a Alex Jones character, had me intrigued.

I'm almost done the book and I must say it sorta changed my opinion of Glenn Beck. After reading the book and seeing how he brings up many of the things that we in the conspiracy world talk about, from Northwoods to PDD51 to FEMA camps... I sorta get the impression that Glenn Beck at some point became "awake" and this is his way of sharing what he found. I see him as legitimately wanting to share this information that he found with his audience but for some reason he's not able to talk about it on Fox News channel. So to get around this, he throws the things he learned into a fiction book in the hopes that it'll help some people start to think outside the box.

That's what I got out of it, anyway. Has anyone else read the book yet?

new topics

top topics

join