It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leon, Mexico to use biometric scanners in 'all aspects of life'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
www.engadget.com...

"First it was CCTV surveillance, and now a Mexican security firm called Portoss is teaming up with biometrics manufacturer Global Rainmakers, Inc., to make the city of Leon in Guanajuato the most potentially oppressive in the world."

This won't end well, me thinks.

/Q

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Quaght]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I choose to become deaf mutes...now I have to be blind ? This is quite demanding. I choose to migrate to Afrika, at least it wont reach there next 10 years.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
They better make sunglasses illegal too, because that will just be the new trend.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Why is it that whenever there is a post regarding REAL issues that hardly anyone actually takes the time to read these?

EVERYONE will be connected to this Iris scanner within 10 years? Wow - This makes "Big Brother" look like he wasn't really trying that hard.

Should make it a LOT harder for criminals to escape tho - can you imagine - rob a bank and they have a scan of your EYE and can tell where you are within inches thanks to GPS tracking?

I guess there will be a thriving market in contact lenses and eye implants before long.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
They better make sunglasses illegal too, because that will just be the new trend.

You can pretty much guarantee that they've already though of sunglasses and corrective vision lenses, and have found a way past them.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have to say, I feel for them. Having your rights spit and stomped on by your own government is one of the worst feelings in the world. I'd say "no wonder they cross the border to get to America" but our government is no better than theirs.

/Q

top topics

join