It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Slender Man Myth. Or is it???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Many of you may have heard of the Slender Man myth. It was someting that started on the SometingAwful forum. It tells of a paranormal shapeshifter who takes on the singular form of a tall, slender, faceless, bald-headed, suited man and uses light and shadow to stalk, terrorize, and in a few cases kill his victims. this one web site tells of incounters a person named Alex had with the entity while shooting his movie, Marble Hornets. marblehornets.wikidot.com... there are even videos on Youtube that show supposed sightings of the Slender Man.

youtu.be...

The video link is to one called The Slender Man Documentary. It's well put together and a good watch. My question is, do you believe that he is real? or not?

In my opnion, i don't believe in him but am open minded.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This is a remake of Blair Witch.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
That’s a pretty scary idea but I don't know how plausible it is, sounds like a good movie plot itself.

Those picture's are kind of scary too, first one look's like he ahs like hook-tentacle hands.

If I seen a man like that at the park I'd run for sure, could be a coincidence though. The second picture looks like a regular guy in the background, the kid in the front is scarier than he is.

edit..
I didn't watch the video but if it's a blair witch remake I don't know if I will.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by GummB]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Slender man is a complete fabrication. He was created on Something Awful Forums. Great story though. Hope they make a horror film out of this.
Witch

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It would certainly make a good movie for SyFy or Chiller. Alas, it was an excercise in imagination from what I can tell...

The Slender Man was created at the Something Awful Forums in a thread entitled "Create Paranormal Images."

Slender Man

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Back in June the 8th 2009, a ‘paranormal pictures’ photoshop contest thread was launched on the Something Awful forums.
This idea to create scary pictures, and even to use them to trick paranormal forums, became entertaining among users there who started altering pictures and adding fake ghosts and other strange figures, typically appending fake stories to make it look more realistic.
On June the 10th, user Victor Surge wrote this post. It was the first known mention of the Slender Man as a creature who seemingly stalked children. That was also where the first two altered photos of him were created.

Source

I knew it had to be fake after that first picture, the child next to that so called Slander man has a nearly invisible head.

I hope they never make a movie about this crap.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hitman 2 was a GREAT game. it's even better in real life, tell more!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
even on youtube, they got coast to coast am to talk about it

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Slender Man is real! Check this out:

ufosearchonline.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Marble Hornets is a student film project, well done but definitely not real. Here's an interview with the creators: www.youtube.com... All those images you see online of the Slenderman in the woods, commanding evil children, etc are purposefully doctored images created for a contest to create a paranormal creature. I think this is important because it shows just how easily people can be duped into buying into this paranormal stuff, intentional and not. Really, the Slenderman is just a clever myth made all the more effective by the technology available on PC's nowadays.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
To be honest, I can easily see where the inspiration for this came from. One night while walking home from a friends house, during winter, so no leaves on the trees the shadows of the lifeless branches seemed to be reaching out to me, mostly just the winter wind moving the branches, but I hazarded a glance backwards saw nothing, then thought of the whole slender man myth. I ran all the way back home

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
well its probably not real, but it is possible since so many believe he's real the power of thought could have brought him to life (no joke im serious!)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Something Awful?

We are actually trying to judge the authenticity of a Something Awful image?

Don't you know that forum is a photoshop fanboy factory?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Slenderman I think is the tentacled "Windigo" in North American Native American Culture that captures victims outside of their camp ,especially in snowstorms and drains their blood leaving mummified carcasses in tree tops many miles away. Slenderman is behind the story of Dracula , Transylvania and European vampires and has been with us ever since Adam and Eve were made on this earth, about 6000 years ago. A Russian Army patrol was ambushed by this Windigo in a snowstorm and their corpses were found atop trees nearby completely drained of blood( could this be the work of Slenderman?). How about the "Goat Sucker" (I can't spell it in Spanish ) in Mexico and South America? Is that the work of Slenderman? Is Slenderman associated with ufos whose occupants mutilate cattle?

top topics

join