It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Military helicopters surveiling my housing estate (Derbyshire UK) Just got them on cam!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
By the way, I am no helicopter expert but I am 100% certain that there are a few helicopter models that do not have landing gear. In laymans terms, they have wheels. Why? Because they are NOT planes. They takeoff and land vertically- not horizontally at highly accelerated speeds.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Many thanks for that information MischeviousElf I was not aware of any of that.

To the comments that I'm paranoid or getting excited as this is a regular occurence and it was just flying past etc....

I'm in the UK, a small town and me or people that saw this have never seen anything like this before, as I previously said they were not passing or flying through they were conducting some kind of op or training, as evident by the landing gear they landed, and were at low altitude over residential land for a long amount of time, so for us in our corner of the globe it was very unusual and out of the ordinary, it may not have been for some of you in the US living next to air bases but for us out here in the sticks without an airport or RAF base for miles it was quite different.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I need some feedback on something I've noticed frequently outside the Metro Denver Colorado area. There has been a lot of military helocopter traffic between Denver and Colorado Springs airbases lately. What's weird about this traffic is the helos that fly at night have an extremely bright, white light on them. These aircraft will hover for hours over a location without much lateral movement at all. I've noticed disruptions in my devices that communicate with RF signals. No, these aren't UFOs. There seems to be a disruptive signal coming from these helos because I've noticed interruptions in my wireless computer connection that only appear when the helos do.
Any ideas?

LibertyOne
edit on 15-5-2011 by libertyone because: forgot name

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

What about Stafford? I remember seeing chinooks training there.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here's another video I captured recently...

It's unusual to even see military stuff in our area as we're not close to an RAF base or under any major flightpaths, the video iabove and the one in the OP is just an example of the strange low flying military activity we've been having lately?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Has anyone else in the UK noticed increased military activity in their areas the past 2 years?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There are 11 RAF stations in and around Bedfordshire. The aircraft in question in your video are merlin transport helicopters. It is likely they where performing routine training exercises to simulate approaches into urban environments to provide aid drops/resupply and troop drops.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatest
There are 11 RAF stations in and around Bedfordshire. The aircraft in question in your video are merlin transport helicopters. It is likely they where performing routine training exercises to simulate approaches into urban environments to provide aid drops/resupply and troop drops.

Yep, the first video is a merlin and the second one flying even lower was a Chinook

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil

Originally posted by TheGreatest

Yep, the first video is a merlin and the second one flying even lower was a Chinook

Chinooks are used for the same purpose and are the main aircraft used by MERT's (medical emergency response teams). They approach the target area low and at speed to minimise the risk to the aircraft, particularly from ground to air weaponry and small arms.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not watching you

I think being in the u.k. your either paranoid or too complacent these days with all
the cctv, i wouldn't be suprised if we're more watched than the states,that's saying something considering we're a small island.

nice one for being so ready..one day you might be glad you were.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
Has anyone else in the UK noticed increased military activity in their areas the past 2 years?

Nothing unusual in the activity you are seeing. It never fails to amaze me when people freak out or get over excited at mil helo movements in the UK. We are still in Afghanistan and crews and troops have to train hard for such environments.

www.mod.uk...

I suggest that you join a UK military aviation forum such as Fighter Control. It might take some of the mystery out of the routine movements that you are seeing and filming?

www.fightercontrol.co.uk...

www.aeroresource.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Their altitude is much too low for that.

They're training for low-altitude flight = urban engagements = urban landing = harder to shoot down from distant AA emplacements = really vulnerable to anyone nearby = ground support = not good for civilians like us in other parts of the world.

edit: Look up touch and go landing for the chinook. I'm just wondering if it's legal for them to use urban neighborhoods instead of their air fields....
edit on 25-11-2012 by SymbolicLogic because: touchy go-y

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Whatever it is they are doing I don't think they should be doing it here, to me it's great as it's a chance to see them close up but there's a lot of old folks around here and they seem to be a lot lower then they should be?

Don't they have mock villages and towns and such at their training ranges for this kind of thing?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

They have the bases.

I've been noticing the same thing out here in the pacific.

It seems as though they're gearing up for something, but what? I'll give you a hint.

www.opm.gov...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I agree, just to point out those videos were both shot from the same location and they are only two that I've captured as there have been quite a few lately. It does seem that they are getting ready/training/preparing for something.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Are they really a lot lower than they are legally entitled to be? Understand the UK low fly system and see how you can make a complaint.

www.mod.uk...

www.mod.uk...

www.mod.uk...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

Are they really a lot lower than they are legally entitled to be? Understand the UK low fly system and see how you can make a complaint.

www.mod.uk...

www.mod.uk...

www.mod.uk...

I'm not sure but there have been a lot lately and we aren't used to it in this area as we aren't close to any bases or anything?

Here's another one, I uploaded it today although it's from last month, unidentified black helicopter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join