2 Military helicopters surveiling my housing estate (Derbyshire UK) Just got them on cam!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
reply to post by Reign02

Yeah you might hear another helicopter too, I never saw two at the same time but we're sure there were at least 2, we could here a lot of air activity, and nothing on the usual commercial flightpath that passes directly over head.

Being surrounded by houses it's possible there were other aircraft out of view, the trouble is the town is one of the highest spots in England, but the town itself is in a valley, so unless your on a high spot it's like being in a crater, and that affects radio and sky monitoring for me

I know the difference between a helo and a jet bud. I live on a military installation. Nothing really out of the ordinary, just transports. MAybe they are about to deploy and are doing pre-deployment training. Or maybe they just got back and are flying from where they landed from being downrange, unloaded out of the aircraft and now are flying back to base. There are way too many things this could be. Again nothing to be alarmed over bud. But way to be Johnny on the spot w/ the camera.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well alright, that looks to be an AgustaWestland Merlin, and quite a nice video of one there mate! Judging from the coloration I'd say it's RAF not the Navy's (although the RAF is trading theirs to the Navy soon.)

They are based in Oxfordshire, at RAF Benson, and are basic transport helicopters. These helicopters are not used for recon, instead this role would be carried out by light propeller aircraft, principally the Beechcraft Shadow and Diamond DA42 Twinstar. The general point of this is that these type of aircraft don't look much different than civilian airplanes and if they are flying over, you would hardly notice unless you were really looking.

In this case the RAF wasn't trying to do anything covert, the Merlin is about as overt as it gets. The equal in US service would be the Blackhawk, although there are not nearly the number of variants in UK service.

These boys in these helis were probably just out getting some flying time in. Derbyshire isn't that far from Oxfordshire as the crow flies and these specific models have extended range fuel tanks.

It's summer, and a lot of the military is doing training, as I can see in your video the weather looks brilliant that day, so it would be a great time to get some flying in.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

helicopters all around my area not police ones as they are camo green, nottingham

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
They are Merlin HC3 helicopters, RAF 28 squadron by the look of things, might be a joint op with the police to provide support for drug raids, or maybe just training, are they not building the merlin in your area?, maybe flight testing. check out the RAF website and your local police websites, you may get some further information there

Wee Mad Mental

[edit on 23/8/2010 by weemadmental]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
About 6 months ago an identical helicopter to the one in the video hovered over the central 'square' outside my house, directly over a childrens play area. I live in a biiiiig city in the UK.

The 'incident' happened at around 9.30pm, by which time it was very dark. I heard the noise long before I saw it (it came from the East over the back of my house), and I'd estimate (based on the height of the surrounding houses) that it was probably hovering at a maximum of about 250ft. It hovered there for at least 3 minutes and managed to get pretty much all of my neighbours out to their windows because the thing was so bloody loud.

I tried to take photo's of it but sadly I only had a very very poor phone camera and the pictures basically look like blurry lights in the sky. I didn't have any 'OMG it's a conspiracy!!' type thoughts about it, I just thought it was pretty cool to see one of them so close, and a tiny tiny bit weird given the lengthy very low hover.

I assumed it was either a police copter or a military one working with the police. They are pretty much constantly busting cannabis grow houses around here and I assumed it was something to do with that.

Also, in the same city about 3 weeks ago a MASSIVE military plane flew very very low & slow over the art/media sector - myself and several friends saw it and, again, were massively impressed. It was very much a 'jesus christ that's flying low' moment.

Conspiracy? Doubt it. They have toys and they want to use them I guess.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
looking for giant rats..

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Cheers for the feedback and comments all, I admit I probably sensationalised the description a bit, but I was pretty happy catching it so thought I'd be a little naughty and get one or two more views on it

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

In case of crop circles and choppers point the camera to the sky and find the glowing Foo. It would be such a gas if you found the Foo and started pointing to the exact location. Bugger that would be fine. You could then be recruited as a Foo Finder as I'm sure people have no clue how to find the Foo.

Posted at:

Why not look to the sky for these sparky UFOs.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
OP, that is a AgustaWestland AW101 helicopter, and based on the apparent speed of the aircraft, I would speculate that they are just on training maneuvers.

Here in America, there is a town, La Junta, Colorado, that was used by the Stratigic Air Command, back durring the Cold War, as a Bombing target. The SAC would take B-52's, and B-1's and install Laser units and tell them to go bomb this town. There were many buildings in town that had laser receivers on them, and would score hits. And most of the town didn't know anything about this.

Not saying that the RAF are doing this in your town, just that it is not unusual for the military to use towns and or buildings as points of reference for maneuvers.

At the rate of speed the choppers seem to be going, I doubt they could see anything, anyway.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

To me it looks like a Merlin (don’t know about specific model), which I think I am right in saying is usually used for troop transport, nor surveillance. Based on your video supplied, I have to say it looks like a training exercise, probably practicing something like low level urban flying but that’s just me speculating, I could be wrong.

One thing is for sure they are not conducting surveillance on your house, sorry but in this respect you really are just being paranoid. For a start if they were conducting surveillance on your house they are doing a really bad job of it, so bad it’s safe to say they are not watching you or your neighbours. Then you have to ask why they would bother conducting surveillance on you or your neighbours. Further to this even if they were wanting to conduct surveillance targeted at you or your neighbours there are much more effective and cheaper ways of doing it than drafting in a couple of military helicopters. The fact is if they wanted to watch you it would be either the police or MI5 doing the watching, not a couple of military helicopters.

On a positive note, you can sleep well tonight, because you are not being watched. I also have to commend you for posting the footage, it annoys me sometimes when people make a claim like this with no evidence to back it up.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I haven't noticed any increased activity. I usually see one or two Chinooks (occasionally three in formation) following the river valley each week. Same with jets, although they are much rarer.

I would think it likely that they were simply involved in a training exercise involving a build up area, perhaps to provide air support or similar.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm at the Northern end of the Goyt Valley, didn't hear of any Exercises going on, or seen anything overhead.
Usually things like this are noticed (as by yourself) as we get used to the usual traffic into Manchester, so SAR/Military operations become more noticeable.
If it was a Airlift from the Roaches or The Goyt I'd have expected to seen G-MEDS or the conventional Sea-King ops being used, These look like new Merlins being trialed out. I'm assuming its Fairfield or Harpur Hill your at?
I'll be down in Buxton tomorrow, so I'll keep a eye/ear out for anything.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

I saw that type over Manchester way yesterday. Again, was flying low and not very fast.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD49
I'm at the Northern end of the Goyt Valley, didn't hear of any Exercises going on, or seen anything overhead.
Usually things like this are noticed (as by yourself) as we get used to the usual traffic into Manchester, so SAR/Military operations become more noticeable.
If it was a Airlift from the Roaches or The Goyt I'd have expected to seen G-MEDS or the conventional Sea-King ops being used, These look like new Merlins being trialed out. I'm assuming its Fairfield or Harpur Hill your at?
I'll be down in Buxton tomorrow, so I'll keep a eye/ear out for anything.

I live in Fairfield Ruddd.

I agree this is for sure a Merlin, I know the G-MEDS yellow and blue one and the Sea-King that often assist search and rescue, I'm also a radio ham and listener and scan these too, there's also the Police Helicopter based at Ripley (callsign OH88) black and yellow, you see these now and again and it's normal to see them, if you hear a helicopter outside the chances are it's OH88, followed by G-MEDS followed by Sea-King.

Seeing these hovering and circling for a while right over residential areas at low altitude is very strange, as in it's something I've never seen before, would love to know what they're up to.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Have seen many such incidents esp when getting close to a base station.

What is a tad interesting though, esp as helicopter and therefore flight time and fuel/distance parameters, is that there is no RAF or major military base supporting air wing base, in Derbybeshire.

Seemed to be pretty low to.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Thought you and those locally might be interested in this from the area, both in maybe explaining what happened and negating what I said earlier, or just as an seperate line of inquiry, investigation:

Meanwhile, the RAF Press Office at Whitehall was denying that a military exercise of any kind had taken place the previous night. An MOD spokesman said at lunchtime that day that the MOD were not involved in the investigation of the incident, and that it was outside their remit,

He stated that “nothing had been picked up on radar and an RAF plane was not responsible.” And he added that the report concerned a low flying aircraft and the inquiry was “a matter for the police.” Police, Peak Park officials and many others who live in the area are aware that the whole of the northern Peak District is a regular practice zone for the Royal Air Force.

Indeed, Broomhead Estate manager Chris Thompson told us he clearly recollected seeing a large, military-style helicopter flying low and slow up the Ewden Valley the day before the events of March 24. Park ranger Brian Jones also recalls the overflight of an unidentified helicopter at dusk on March 24. All this testimony appears to suggest preparations for an exercise on the part of the military were well underway hours before the Howden Moor incident began.

Did it really eh?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
first thoughts were 'It's a Merlin they must be practising getting that big bird in and out of tight spots.'

And then the pictures with it's landing gear down compounded those thoughts. They have to get the larger aircraft into tight spots and need to practise often in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You are paraniod.

When I first clicked on play I absolutely expected something more than a regular training mission. I live in 757, we have way more activity than that daily- hourly.

One helicopter flies by and you flip out like this?

This is a military nation. What do you expect?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Sometimes I think you all on here expect to see no military aircraft whatsoever in ANY city or ANY area. Military does not train over the skies of New York City for a reason. China military does not train over Beijing for a reason.

So... when we see military over elsewhere we snap? No. They always fly all day anywhere and everywhere in gigantic mass quantities that you will never see. Thousands of flights a day.

You see one helicopter and post this?

You need some sleep.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Helicopters are not aero planes. They were MEANT to fly slow and low. What you saw was either a training mission or an already trained pilot keeping conditioned. Ya'll must live far from a base. That is why you were spooked. IT IS JUST A HELICOPTER.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join