It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Military helicopters surveiling my housing estate (Derbyshire UK) Just got them on cam!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Just had two military helicopters circling my housing estate and got a bit of footage when my mate from next door knocked on.

Anyone know what they are and what they might have been doing? They certainly weren't passing through and were circuling the residential estate at low altitude?

Here's the video, with a dedication to ATS in the description

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Im also in Derbyshire mate and a lot of us from the U.K have been posting about increased air activity recently.I to have seen helicopters over housing estates and also flying in formation in unusual places recently.U2u me and ell me what part of Derbyshire if you dont wish to go public on the thread with your town/village.

Have a read through this in answer to your thread and look at the similarities.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Looking for a grow house , perhaps ?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Maybe they are doing flight training, and are doing exercises on how to do surveillance from above in a helicopter.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wow I wasn't aware of that thread thanks dooleysleftleg

I don't mind saying where I am mate, I'm in Buxton, High Peak, and this was circuling and flying low over the Fairfield Estate for a good 45 minutes, the cam in my battery was dead so I had to give it a bit of a charge before it would film so I couldn't get it in it's entirety, it was very low for the most part.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/89ff162deac210ab.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Training?
Searching for someone gone awol?
Terror threat?
When I worked in Bradford, we used to get a lot of helicopters overhead - though I think they were police.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wow good footage

I have also been seeing these helicopters over my area, im in bedfordshire.

We also get a white/blue one go over too. Its not the police because there's is yellow/black.

The other day think it was saturday we had 3 army planes fly over our house very low aswell. I will see if i can find a picture of the planes i see.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
A better close up from the original cam footage...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/8ce61456ed3d8de5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I live near Matlock / Ashbourne way and I get these over every now and then at VERY low level (treetop height). Normally in two's doing close flight training normally at speed. Scares the S**T out of my sheep and the neighboring cattle.....
They are Merlin's
www.raf.mod.uk...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I hear a plane in the background as well. I take it you live close to a military base..... Stop being paranoid! Why would they be scoping out your neighborhood???........

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yer nice one Reign02 clever aren't you mate? I'm not paranoid and I don't live next to any military base.

Like everyone else who saw these 2 helicopters in my area we all thought it was pretty strange due to how long they hung around (about 45 minutes) and how low they were over a residential housing estate, I think it's pretty fair to say it's something out of the norm and also something to question?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 23432

That would more likely be a police copters job, but stilla possiblity if it was linked to something else.

Is there any filming going on in the area? I know it's not the same place but when Shameless did the dodgy meat episode with the outbreak of disease a few years ago, there was all sorts of military hardware floating about in Manchester.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
"Surveilling"? Looks to me like they were just flying by on to some other destination.

If they want to surveil your housing estate, they'll use drones that you won't hear. They aren't going to use some large, noisy, troop transport helicopter.

My only positive thing to say is you did a good job of having your camera handy and getting good video of the helicopter. So good on you for that. Most people aren't that quick nor skilled.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think its a Merlin helicopter, they are starting to use them more in Afghanistan as they have recently been refitted to operate in the desert. I have seen quite a few fly over recently. I wouldn't think its anything to worry about. The increase in military air activity in the Uk in the summer is most likely down to the number of air shows at this time of year.

I dont think the army will be using their helicopters to surveil the general public, I think people are gettin a little too paranoid. Just training for Afghanistan

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I've been getting the same chopper doing touch and go landings at my local hospital which has a heli landing site for emergencies for the last couple of months, its usually appears once a week. it does circle if its coming in to fast, do you have a local hospital near by?
I agree with the above poster that it's a Merlin. I believe they are training picking up and droping of emergency cases.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Kurokage]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
After looking at a few pics and the original footage close up in comparison I deffo agree it was a Merlin helicopter. My mate from next door and his friend who knocked on had been observing it for about 20 minutes before and although I never captured or saw 2 at the same time but am sure there were 2, I myself saw and heard it for around 30 minutes so I estimated at about 45 minutes allowing for 5 minutes on the 2nd hand account and thats only from when he spotted it, so it could have been a lot longer than 45 minutes, which is a long time for a military helicopter to be circling a residential housing estate at low altitude, as you can tell from the footage I'm surrounded by other houses so getting a clear shot wasn't easy, and I had to wait a good few minutes to charge the battery before I could even start filming.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Try checking google maps for the hospitals (there's about 5)in your area and see if any were on the flight path you saw the chopper fly and if any have an emergency helicoper pad. it took all of about 5 seconds on the touch and go that see on a regular basis and the chopper was off, so if you missed it landing it could look like it was just circling.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
well I definatley hear jets flying overhead as well.. It is most likely just an exercise. I highly doubt the British Army are going to take over a little village.. I live at an RAF base and within a 20 mile radius I see all kinds of A/C

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
We only have a very small hospital which is about a mile and a half from my location where I filmed this from, it doesn't even have an A and E and all emergencies go to Stockport (Stepping Hill Hospital) about 16 miles away.

If you look at my other videos you'll note I'm a radio ham and listener, and can confirm there's no filming of any kind going on in the area.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Yeah you might hear another helicopter too, I never saw two at the same time but we're sure there were at least 2, we could here a lot of air activity, and nothing on the usual commercial flightpath that passes directly over head.

Being surrounded by houses it's possible there were other aircraft out of view, the trouble is the town is one of the highest spots in England, but the town itself is in a valley, so unless your on a high spot it's like being in a crater, and that affects radio and sky monitoring for me

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join