It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any chance US will pull out of Iraq?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
The history of US shows that they will pull out. For example look at Somlia, and Veitnam. I am not saying they will but if you look by the history you will see that US deosnt have a very good history of staying when it gets too ugly

Well maybe you and I arent reading the same history book eh?

I remember the Americans holding on to the Phillipines for quite a while even after losing a good number of soldiers to guerilla warfare.

And then there was the expansion on the frontier which required multiple wars to end.

Then there was Panama, oh and you cant forget Haiti.

Yeah America withdrew from Vietnam but that was the only thing left after they had alienated an entire country with Diem and suffered the misinterpreted victory of Tet.

Yeah America withdrew from Somalia but that was because Clinton didnt have the spine to lose under 50 soldiers at a time. You cant even use that in the same context as Vietnam.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
we'll pul out on june 30th. then a civil war will ensue. kerry gets elected (maybe hell will freeze over by november) and he'll say that we will go and sort things out in iraq, and before you know it we have anther black hawk down situation but way worse. itll meak BHD look like a bad dream compaired to what will happen

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Sorry, what I ment is that US lived WITHOUT Iraqi oil for long.

Why the huge need for it now?

Did the prices just go up after the war started?

The world has reached the beginning stages of peak oil. The point in time where demand outstrips supply permanently. The resources that remain have to be secured by those most desperate for it, and those most desperate for the last drops of black gold is the U.S.

Yes, prices have gone up after the war started. Oil pricing is based upon supply for the most part, and supply has been dwindling. Partly due to the reality of lower oil reserves and partly due to OPEC cutting back on the supply to drive up the price.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The Roman Empire, I dont think that type of occupation could be pulled off in this day and age. And I dont see the U.S. trying to do that!

But what I do see is the US trying to eliminate as many hostile groups as possible before they eliminate the U.S. or at least a part of the USA.

And I dont really mind how (we) the U.S. are going about this WOT thing.

I realize that mistakes have been made, and I hope we have learned from them.

These terrorist groups must be handled now, before it to late!

john

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

US lived without Iraq oil for long.
What makes it that it cant anymore.
Out,
Russian

Maybe it has something to do with the possible civil war in Saudi Arabia. If a civil war breaks out there, the entire world (especially the U.S.) could lose access of up to 25% of its oil supply
-- so yeah, that would be very bad...

So you mean US is the next Roman empire?
Didn't the Roman empire fall after it expended to much?
Out,
Russian

NO, the U.S. is not and has never been an empire. Every place we've ever been to outside of the 50 States (which joined the Union voluntarily) is a soverign nation today. (The one exception is Iraq, which will not be an exception anymore after June 30.)

Note: Yes, I know that Puerto Rico is a commonwealth, but they've chosen to stay part of the U.S., and remain a commonwealth. As long as they don't become a state, they can become an independent nation any time they choose...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Did you ever hear of the U.N.C.C.?
The United Nations Compensation Commission.
Until the Bush Family and the rest of the scum that are running this country get everything that they think that they are entitled to, they will not let America pull out of Iraq no matter how many American boys and girls die. This is one of the biggest scams ever pulled. Do the research people. Things are not always as they seem.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
no i dont think the US will pull out of Iraq until the iraqi forces are ready because iran might invade iraq.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join