It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings not right...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
More strange things that ain't right.

english.ruvr.ru...

After two days of intense heat suddenly hail the size of ping-pong balls dropped from the sky.

WTF is going on I wonder?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
There's been no summer in UK this year, which for me is a disaster and makes me think WHAT THE HELL!

But in reality I'm not even 35 years old... the weather has been around forever and goes in cycles that are so vast and complicated that they can easily be badly reported by the media to manipulate our moods...

"No summer for England, the world's doomed" - Actually on the scale of things even 100 years of bad weather is nothing.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by and14263]

Actually June was fantastic with a water ban on the way. This year was better than last. I don't see anything strange in the UK weather.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I'm in NY and the sun is brighter and hotter without a doubt. It actually burns my leg through jean shorts.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
My take on all of this can be explained by one word: REDISTRIBUTION.

No glaciers on the ground = more water in the oceans and atmosphere
Less ice at the poles = more water in the oceans and atmosphere
More water in the oceans = greater storm,hurricane,cyclone intensity
More water in the atmosphere = more flooding, greater heat, larger hailstones
Less ice at the poles = less ballast causing the planet to wobble
More water in the oceans = larger rouge waves, storm surges, ocean rise
I think by now most of you can connect the dots now, because this is not high tech cause and effect. I could continue, but it's best that the brilliant minds at ATS can take it from here. You know I love you.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Interesting so basically global warming will eventuall kill the planet.. Only thing we can do is try and move earth further away from the sun

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here are some of the ideas from this thread:
1. bed bugs might be related to Jupiter impacts
2. the sun is more likely to cause skin cancer now, or is it sunscreen lotion
3. the poles are shifting
4. "increase in earthquakes weather disruption"
5. approaching galactic equinox
6. "The electricity was so thick in the air, you could feel it!"

What a collection of unusual ideas all lumped together signifying nothing. No wonder this is tossed into the 2012 forum.

I personally think that the bed bugs and Jupiter impacts is the best item in the list, although associating earthquakes with weather patterns is a close second.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nathan-D

Really? what part of the UK are you in? It's been a normal hot summer here in London

I agree with 14263, the summer hasn't been that good in the UK - I live near Bath and we had about three weeks of good sunshine sometime in June, but there's been a lot of cloudy days.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Nathan-D]

I'm 45 miles east of London.

We had a scorching June, then school holidays started adn we have had grey days, torrential rain and more grey days. In between the grey days we have had a good day.... It's been pants. We were using the pool daily in June, by July 18th we packed it up.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
wanna know how unusual the weather is here... over 200cm of fresh snow in spring

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
FYI 2010 is really 2012, Remember that Mayan calender everyone is talking about. well in 2012 it calls for a pole shift to take place.

Well years ago when Jesus was born the calender went off by 2 years. There was a miscalculation. Jesus was not born on 1 BC as he should have been, but 3 BC. So the 2012 the Mayan's calendar calculates is, in our reality: 2010.

Put in google search, to find numerous articles. MOST think it was 3 BC, some think it was 5BC, & Some think it was 2 BC. Here is one video and article.

www.truthortradition.com...

Hahaha, for all you doomsday believers, who think the planet will blow up in Dec 21, 2012, your running out of time.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienslayer
Interesting so basically global warming will eventuall kill the planet.. Only thing we can do is try and move earth further away from the sun

Hahahaha that's a good one!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lizzyhock

Pole shifts have not happened in 200 My. No pole shift has ever been rapid. The best evidence for a pole shift is the 800Ma event. The proper name for a pole shift is a TPW, or true polar wander. They take millions of years to occur.

The correlation function for the Gregorian to Mayan calendar already has the addressed the beginning of the calendars. The most used correlation is the CMT. The start of the Julian calendar doe snot affect the correlation with the Gregorian.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Having rain in the summer in England is hardly some kind of anomaly though is it?
I don't remember a single Wimbledon that hasn't been interrupted by rain since I have been alive

The one true anomalous thing I have noticed about the UK weather is the severity of the winters and that we have actually started getting proper amounts of snow.

To me (and I have to state that this is purely personal opinion) it seems that we are actually starting to get proper seasons again.

It's all so subjective though

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
www.wunderground.com...

... Record high temperatures set at Modesto... Stockton... Sacramento Executive Airport... Redding Airport... and downtown Sacramento

I knew when I went outside at 10 A.M. with sweat pouring down my face that it was going to be a hot day, but now it's midnight, and it's still 72 degrees out. It reminds me of the time a couple of years ago when it was still around 88 degrees out at this time, recorded to be the hottest day of the year and breaking many records in its own right.

The world has weird weather and uncommon weather all the time. It does not deny nor support 2012.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lizzyhock
FYI 2010 is really 2012, Remember that Mayan calender everyone is talking about. well in 2012 it calls for a pole shift to take place.

Well years ago when Jesus was born the calender went off by 2 years. There was a miscalculation. Jesus was not born on 1 BC as he should have been, but 3 BC. So the 2012 the Mayan's calendar calculates is, in our reality: 2010.

Put in google search, to find numerous articles. MOST think it was 3 BC, some think it was 5BC, & Some think it was 2 BC. Here is one video and article.

www.truthortradition.com...

Hahaha, for all you doomsday believers, who think the planet will blow up in Dec 21, 2012, your running out of time.

R U SRS?!?!
But how would jesus affect the ancient mayan calendar exactly? Im sorry ive got the flu and cant think very well today

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yule C Mann
My take on all of this can be explained by one word: REDISTRIBUTION.

No glaciers on the ground = more water in the oceans and atmosphere
Less ice at the poles = more water in the oceans and atmosphere
More water in the oceans = greater storm,hurricane,cyclone intensity
More water in the atmosphere = more flooding, greater heat, larger hailstones
Less ice at the poles = less ballast causing the planet to wobble
More water in the oceans = larger rouge waves, storm surges, ocean rise
I think by now most of you can connect the dots now, because this is not high tech cause and effect. I could continue, but it's best that the brilliant minds at ATS can take it from here. You know I love you.

Dude that actually makes heaps of sense. Thats the most sensible and rational thing I have read on here all day.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Well they are slowly letting the public know, we had it on the local news the other day, Solar storms are predicted for 2010-2012 so massive it might knock out all our communications computers ect...

Seems this whole 2012 thing is starting to become the New Y2k

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

..I have a post I am not sure If everyone here has atleast looked at it.. Please if you really want to know what is going on.. I urge you to look..
... every 12,901 years we get hit by a super wave from the center of Our glaxay .. the next wave is to hit us in 2012.. I have the links to support this .. and 70 links supporting it..
.. the Galactic superwave pluses from our galaxy this wave started the creation of our Sun and still to this day reaches earth every 12901 years..
... best to start from last page and go on from there to the 5,4,3,2,1 thanks.. you may uderstand my original post by then... thanks.. please for your sake look..and read..

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Vonour]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vonour

That's new. 'Superwave' at regular intervals, travelling at light speeds i presume? It would have been observed by astromers with strong permutations in planetary orbits for centuries if it true.

The reverse would be true. Matter being sucked into black holes. Fortunately we are far far away from the galaxy centre.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

...yah they are x-ray.. and yes they move almost the speed of light and yes they have seen them ....and have seen the ones from the black hole . I have links that I search and search to get info on.. not much on the net...
the last flare was notice only recently 300 year old flare as it made contact with a dense area of cosmic dust that lit up the cloud for 10 years then faded as it past the cloud..
The wave jest from the center of our galaxy every 10,000 years and takes 26000 years estimated .. the ice core studies show we are hit by the wave every 12901 years regularly..

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
reply to post by Nathan-D

What I find interesting though is that is seems Autumn is already upon us, yesterday was a beautiful hot sunny day, today it's been cloudy, wet and very windy also the trees have started shedding their leaves and changing into their Autumn colours, don't normally pay attention to this but isn't it supposed to start later than middle Autumn ?

Same here in Brum. We had a normal hot July but August is a wash out (which to be fair is quite normal around us). It generally clears up for September though. I have also noticed the trees around us changing colour, and thinking that is waaay too early. Dont they normally change late september/early october?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join