It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings not right...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think the problem is that we think there should be some sort of "normal" weather and it should be exactly the same year after year.

But it's just not like that...sometimes it will be really really hot in the summer...sometimes it there will be a ton of snow in the winter. Other times it might be very mild in the summer...and very warm in the winter.

We get our "normal" by taking an average of long periods of time...all averaged together. It would actually be very very odd if we were in that averaged "normal" every single year.

If that happened...THEN I might think something is not right. But this is just weather being weather.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The weather definitely is changing, thats what it does. Its all a part of a cycle. The sun plays an important role. How long have we actually been keeping accurate records of the weather? And even less of the sun.

The human loss is mainly due to things like deforestation, living on fault lines, dams, oil spills, generally screwing around with the environment without knowing what we are doing, etc. Things seem different, and harsher now because of the above, and because of our ability to spread information around the globe instantly.

But I can remember 10 years ago it was stiflingly hot every summer, sometimes beating places like Spain, and winters were pretty much mild affairs. But 10 years before that is as far as I go, and there were some nastily cold winters. Now, summer is restricted to 2 weeks in June and winters are bitterly cold. Its been like this for the past 3 years now and I expect it will change again and keep on doing so.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I live in North GA and growing up I remember it being this hot - BUT, not this dry.

We had a thunderstorm everyday it seemed like - quick, violent, and the steam would come up off the pavement. It rained almost daily.

In 2008 we had the worst drought in history. 2009 it rained a lot. 2010 another bone crushing drought in my area - not all over Georgia, just North Georgia, in patches.

Everyone's given up on their gardens here. It's been so, SO dry. Even watering doesn't help.

The leaves are turning early - might just be the trees dying from lack of rain. I dunno.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I live in S. Texas and over the last two years I've watched my beautiful st. augustine lawn shrivel up and die as well as at least a dozen of my 30yr. old blackjack oak trees. Something is definitely happening.

Although I am a firm believer that man has and does contribute to "Global Warming" or "Climate Change," I also believe that we are not the only cause.

Numerous reports have been published, from various space agencies around the world, that have confirmed that all of the planets in our solar system are currently heating up and they suspect that our recent solar activity is not the sole cause of this warming trend.

From what I've read on the subject, it may turn out that the ancient Mayans were accurately predicting the phenomena we're currently experiencing.

As it turns out, our solar system is currently on a path to transit the galactic plane of the Milky Way on 12/21/12. As we approach the galactic equinox, our entire solar system is being exposed to ever increasing waves of energy or frequency intensities that are contributing to the heating of matter throughout our solar system. Much like a microwave oven vibrates the molecules in food causing them to heat up.

If the Mayans were right, then things may get worse before they get better.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

"Skin cancer rates, for example, have increased at a rate of 3% per year since 1986."
So has sunscreen usage. There is a direct correlation between sunscreen use and skin cancer...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Now look at Jupiter it got struck twice again by asteroids.

Everything is tied together somehow. If asteroids are affecting Jupiter more, then how long before we get one coming our way?

It won't be the first time we've been hit by a big one. In the ebb and flow of things, we could be entering a phase where the possibility of this happening is increasing.

I mean why not? It would sure fit into the scenario of everything seeming to be topsy turvy right now and headed for some big calamity/correction in the course of history.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
There's been no summer in UK this year, which for me is a disaster and makes me think WHAT THE HELL!

Really? what part of the UK are you in? It's been a normal hot summer here in London

You can check out the MET office data for Britain in June 2010 here
Note that it says that temperatures were above average in all areas. I'm confused.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I haven't seen anyone mention this here, but I am now in Louisiana, having moved back here just the last week from Gulfport.

This summer, one thing I have noticed is how violent thunderstorms have been. The amount of thunder and lightening, is like nothing I have ever seen.

A couple of weeks ago, we had a thunderstorm that took out my television, and some other electronic items, even though the electricity did not go off completely, it flashed.

The electricity was so thick in the air, you could feel it!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am surprised your local debunkers aren't on this thread claim we are all nonsense. Where are them NASA boys at?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienslayer

Of course something is not right...however all we can do is monitor from afar and wait until right around the year 2012. I say if 2012 is indeed a reality we will have had many great catastrophes and everyone will be on teh same page...hopefully.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"All this has happened before and will happen again. Again, again ..."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f0d980dce0b.jpg[/atsimg]

Time's almost up...

[edit on 8/23/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
reply to post by Alienslayer

haha my buddy of mine noticed the same thing and he thinks that is weird.He is a big time skeptic. He also finds it weird an invasion of bed bugs up in the northeast is also a weird thing as well. He said two theaters closed because of the bad swarms in new york. I mean I was shocked hearing him say this and starting to believe something is up.

Now look at Jupiter it got struck twice again by asteroids.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by dragnet53]

That's amazing.
Is it just me or did you just try to link Jupiter getting hit with asteroids to a bed bug infestation?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Really? what part of the UK are you in? It's been a normal hot summer here in London

I agree with 14263, the summer hasn't been that good in the UK - I live near Bath and we had about three weeks of good sunshine sometime in June, but there's been a lot of cloudy days.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Nathan-D]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Something(s) aren't right.

I'm stuck in Carthage Texas, and its so hot out that it is lethal.

I need to find a better place to die than here, but hey it is what it is.

If I get through this one, and make it to 2012, I suspect that no matter how bad 2012 gets, it will be far better than 2010 has been for me.

This may be the day of days for me, so I'll be sure to leave something to remember me by.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
I think it's ridiculous that people seem to think that we are only NOW getting tornadoes in aus. we always have. can't comment on the snow but up in Brisbane we've had a pretty mild winter, I've enjoyed it and not been miserable through it this year. Weather is unpredictable, that's what's so fascinating about it, doesn't mean the end of the world when its different from one year to the next..

yeh u get em passing up by broome and through northern qld but rarely do you get them on the east coast or victorian side down south!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathan-D

That's typical UK summer weather though!

If was sunny days for the whole of summer then something would be up.

What I find interesting though is that is seems Autumn is already upon us, yesterday was a beautiful hot sunny day, today it's been cloudy, wet and very windy also the trees have started shedding their leaves and changing into their Autumn colours, don't normally pay attention to this but isn't it supposed to start later than middle Autumn ?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Anyone who says the weather isn't different is just being contrarian.

It's way different and not just where I am but all over the world. Some places are hotter than normal, others are colder than normal, others are wetter than normal, and others are drier. You name the issue, there's an extreme example going on some where -- and all at the same time.

Weird that birds would be flocking south on the heels of a heat wave, but we should be on the lookout -- things might be about to change drastically and the animals almost always seem to sense it way before we do.

Heads up!

ps. Thanks to OP for letting me know about Australia's snow. I didn't know you even ever got any snow down there.

yeh no probs we usually get snow not the best in the world but we do get enough looking on past history it used to be snowing as early as april!!! but now it doesn't start until late june and it ends alot later too... last year they had 60cm worth in october and this year it's gonna be here come novermber

extremely unusual considering oct to march are our hottests months

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Originally posted by and14263
There's been no summer in UK this year, which for me is a disaster and makes me think WHAT THE HELL!

You can check out the MET office data for Britain in June 2010 here
Note that it says that temperatures were above average in all areas. I'm confused.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by davespanners]

It's been a lovely June, May too.. in fact spring has been tremendous for the last few years but July and August were terrible, really bad. Rain, grey clouds... it's been the talking point of one of my workplaces for weeks now.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The data for July is here
It seems that you are dead right
It has been cloudier and duller then usual, especially in the north

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Something is DEFINATELY not right ...

When science facts are thrown out the window.

When religous predictions are nothing more than an eventuality if the wrong path is continued to be trod on if issues are not revolved to get back on the right path, and yet is believed as a fact.

Fears and opinions of fears are the pervading mood here. We must have lost our rationality. And that's not right.

The climate had always been in this manner since recorded history. Droughts, earthquakes, floods, etc are common on Earth, even when mankind's form of artistic expression was coal art on cave walls.

So, if you have a drought, what are you gonna do? Drink more water. Recycle water if possible. Waste not water. Look for alternative or better water/irrigation systems for crops.

So, if you have floods, what are you gonna do? Prepare in advance, if you are living in low lying areas or near water sources. Listen to meterological reports. Standby to flee with your loved ones to the highest ground you can find, and leave everything behind. The only precious items you should bring along is you and your loved one's lives.

The point is - adapt. Just as our ancestors and forefathers had, intelligently without whinings.

The world is not gonna end.

Calamities will strike as usual. But the biggest calamity that will take away lives are not from nature, but from us mankind.

And for that to happen, we need to keep awake, and not be pushed into fear mongering or to irrational fears, ending us being manipulated and herded into the security of enclosed fences and losing our freedom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join