It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings not right...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Somethings not right, look at the world weather! Not sure about the rest of the world but somethings building up...

This year it's been snowing more than ever in bloody Australia! It's nearly september and it should be ending season slowly going away but instead it's building up more and more. And predictions are we will have snow until November which is basically normally our start of summer.

Now in the south we've had mini tornados and looking at the weather patterns you can see tornados forming south of australia close but not quite close enough to land.

now in russia they have had a massive heatwave causing fires and what not. Now normally russia is freezing place all over

It's just strange how we seem to be getting weather patterns that the northern half of the world gets and how you guys are getting the weather we normally experience

What do you think? Are our poles shifting gradually and we don't realise it? somethings not right

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I agree the weather has been extreme lately in many parts of the world. I live in the US - Northern Indiana - we have had extreme heat waves, worse than anything I experienced in Southern Florida when I lived there. I did a little research on this not long ago thinking perhaps the waking of the sun had something to do with it. There have been more than usual coronal holes and C Flares - however experts on ATS don't seem to think there is a connection. If you come up with anything please let us know and I will keep looking as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
They are making the weather right now. In the sky and with the ocean currents.

The Chemical agents being used in the gulf is not to break down oil, it is to help desalinate the water to create the effect of 'global warming' and a possible 'ice age'. Come on, did any of you read the NWO 101 manual! Get with THE PROGRAM people! Jeeze!

[edit on 23-8-2010 by leira7]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I am in a migratory corridor for birds traveling to Mexico and South America from all over the US and Canada. They move through this region in the Early Spring and then move through (southbound) in the Fall.

Granted, most folks might consider August as Fall, but not us, our Fall really does not begin to set until late October.

Yesterday I witnessed a very large flock of cranes, very high altitude, headed South. It did not look like they were even going to pull over for a rest like they normally do.

It was an odd site considering it has been so hot out, our levels of humidity have been through the roof. This has not been normal at all for us and I swear it feels like Houston, TX, with all this moisture in the air. It has been going on for nearly a month now.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I can understand an active sun solar flares ect creating a more hotter environment but in comparison it would seem we are getting weather that you normally experience in Northern Hemisphere

ok tornados are not uncommon we get them in the north but they go out to see and are weak but to have them occur in the southern areas of Australia although very small and not very damaging this is a real concern

Also August normally our snow takes a dive and melts very fast however they have snow predicted all through septemeber through to lasting until november!

normally we get early snow april and it ends august in the past

It has been gradually leaning towards a later start july through to october...

big change

but all i know is floods in areas that have had drought, heatwaves in areas that are normally freezing and yeh our weather seems to be opposite now something has gotta be giving way

is it our poles shifting? magnetic fields changing? or what? i just don't know but it's increasing year by year

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienslayer

I have absolutely zero proof of any of this, but I would say you are on the right path.

I'm in Texas, and the summers here are notoriously unbearable. The last two years though it's been hot, but not HOT. The humidity can make it more than uncomfortable, but overall the heat has been really easy to deal with. And I've fallen out of shape a bit, so I would imagine that would make the heat "feel" worse.

Combine that with getting snow the last two years here in East TX...like I said, I agree something is up.

I do not think it is 2012 stuff, but the weather patterns are changing. It's unseen yet if this is normal or not.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I just wanted to point out that Russia isn't always "freezing all over the place" They have a summer, spring, winter and fall like most of the rest of the world. They had record heat, but it was supposed to be summer and in the 70's and 80's when the heat wave came through. Its not like it was supposed to be Tundra that time of tear. Just saying....
I saw another poster mention the oil spill and agree with him that the excessive oil in the water could have caused the massive worldwide heat wave/ floods that we are experiencing. The weather has been crazy this year, I am curious to see what extreme weather winter will bring for us this year...?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Not long ago I started a thread that touched on this subject. As was pointed out, this really isn't a 2012 phenomenon but realted to solar-induced weather changes. As this article points out, we've been in one of the most solar active periods in the last 10-15,000yrs for most of the 20th century. This increased solar activity has steadily increased the earth's (and other planets) temperatures. Because the timing coincides with the industrial revolution it was suspected that it was man that was raising temperatures through polution and carbon emissions. But the ocean is the largest repository of CO2. When it warms it releases CO2 into the atmosphere.

We just finished solr cycle 23 which was very active. But as we slide into solr cycle 24 the sun has grown very, very quiet. We have had more spotless days (sunspots) than any period in recent history. The article explains how decreased solar activity realtes to a cooling of the earth and weather disruptions. All the weather modles are failing. Remember the severe hurricane season we were expecting? How did those models work out? Could be bleak times ahead.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Solar flares or solar storms can't be directly pointed as responsible for changes in our weather.

When a solar flare is produced it generates (on arrival) a high ionization of our atmosphere on top layers that may -for sure- electromagnetically interact with communication devices and satellites and such, but will not have an effect on our weather.

Besides that, I agree, due to [reason here please] weather is behaving in a somehow extreme manner lately.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It strangly warm (very close) and sunny in the uk unusual for a british summer time, weve also had some very heavy rainstorms (not that unusual) and a few days ago we had a thunder and lightening storm which was the loudest ive ever heard in my life and im 40, not that unusual really but the weather patterns world wide so seem a little different.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I've noticed a gradual shift, together with more extremes.
My garden produce is fruiting earlier and earlier.
Winters in my part of the UK are getting colder for longer
There have been extreme weather events all over the globe. How many times must we hear 'not experienced in my lifetime' or 'unknown since records began' before we accept something is up?
And though the pundits are usually at hand with an explanation such as 'It's because the gulf stream is doing this', or 'a depression was trapped here...', that still doesn't answer the question 'why'?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think it's ridiculous that people seem to think that we are only NOW getting tornadoes in aus. we always have. can't comment on the snow but up in Brisbane we've had a pretty mild winter, I've enjoyed it and not been miserable through it this year. Weather is unpredictable, that's what's so fascinating about it, doesn't mean the end of the world when its different from one year to the next..

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
Weather is unpredictable, that's what's so fascinating about it, doesn't mean the end of the world when its different from one year to the next..

I think most people accept that weather fluctuates. And of course there will always be extreme events or non typical conditions. The point is that weather records are being broken all over the place. Plus people are experiencing 'never before in their lifetime' conditions.
This should be cause for concern.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by starchild10]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Anyone who says the weather isn't different is just being contrarian.

It's way different and not just where I am but all over the world. Some places are hotter than normal, others are colder than normal, others are wetter than normal, and others are drier. You name the issue, there's an extreme example going on some where -- and all at the same time.

Weird that birds would be flocking south on the heels of a heat wave, but we should be on the lookout -- things might be about to change drastically and the animals almost always seem to sense it way before we do.

Heads up!

ps. Thanks to OP for letting me know about Australia's snow. I didn't know you even ever got any snow down there.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There's been no summer in UK this year, which for me is a disaster and makes me think WHAT THE HELL!

But in reality I'm not even 35 years old... the weather has been around forever and goes in cycles that are so vast and complicated that they can easily be badly reported by the media to manipulate our moods...

"No summer for England, the world's doomed" - Actually on the scale of things even 100 years of bad weather is nothing.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by and14263]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Actually on the scale of things even 100 years of bad weather is nothing.

It is a given that climate has always and will always be dynamic and change with time. That is not to say that change is nothing.

Weather is everything when it comes to planning crops, to deciding how to build your house, to deciding what employment makes sense. If we are in the throws of some drastic changes you can be assured that our way of life will be impacted. Just ask any person in Moscow, or Pakistan, or areas of China being either burnt or flooded.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienslayer

haha my buddy of mine noticed the same thing and he thinks that is weird.He is a big time skeptic. He also finds it weird an invasion of bed bugs up in the northeast is also a weird thing as well. He said two theaters closed because of the bad swarms in new york. I mean I was shocked hearing him say this and starting to believe something is up.

Now look at Jupiter it got struck twice again by asteroids.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by deathmetalofcourse

Read the article I posted. It has nothing to do with solar storms or solar 'events'. It has to do with an overall, protracted increase in solar output that steadily warms the planet.

I'm 58. When I was a kid, even into high school, we'd regularly go to the beach and be outside without sunscreen. Hell, we'd slather ourselves with baby oil to INCREASE the effects of the sun. But over the last three decades the intensity of the sun has steadily increased. If you attempted to do whate we did back then you'd incinerate yourself. Skin cancer rates, for example, have increased at a rate of 3% per year since 1986.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Yeah of course it will... but the weather was here first. We've only been looking for jobs for a few hundred years, maybe a thousand or two.

My point is, there's big hoo ha about climate change but if we were all two million years old it wouldn't even be a talking point. Stinks of distraction to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
i was reading somewhere that there is evidence that the poles are wobbling.
which is causing the increase in earthquakes weather disruption.
i'm convinced of weather manipulation via Haarp- read angels dont play this haarp..
they increased the number of antenna from 40 to 180 recently..so they are up to something.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join