It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Anti-Mosque crowd turns on Black Carpenter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Black definitely had something to do with it in this case IMO. It may not have been the only reason ill give you that. If it was a white person with a beard and an Under Armor skull cap ,would they have been looked at the same?

I thought the Muslim stereotype for a lot of people, was that they are ''brown'', not black, so I'm not sure whether his skin colour had a lot to do with it.

It doesn't really make much difference, anyway. Harassing an innocent passer-by, because you feel he follows a particular religion, is just as ignorant as harassing them because of their race.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I'm reminded of a quote from MIB. "A person is smart. People are dumb and stupid. You know that." When Americans turn on one of their own just because of looks, that's it friends and neighbors. It's over. Whoever the terrorists are, I believe it's the PTB and the complicit media, they have won. Remember, "United we stand. Divided we fall." That's playing out on the stage now and some, morons, don't see it.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I thought the Muslim stereotype for a lot of people, was that they are ''brown'', not black, so I'm not sure whether his skin colour had a lot to do with it.

Well, his skin isn't black, it is brown.

Plenty of Muslims are also of African decent, too.
It's the largest religion in Africa.

Any brown skinned person walking through that crowd with a hat like that would probably get dubbed a Muslim, or even a terrorist.

I think his race played a BIG part of it, as he stood out quite obviously.

The guy was simply trying to walk through the crowd to get to work and had to deal with all that negativity.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
don't forget the audio sucked and it was really not clear why this guy got all the camera action and attention.

"he walked into the party like he was walking...."

i think there is more to this than what we saw.

give it a day or two.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I hate to point it out but that video and others I've seen of the protest on the news show the crowd to be at least 75% white.

There is racism abound these days.

I thought the constitution applied to all Americans equally? Or is it only constitutional if it goes against the Christian way of looking at things?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
i think there is more to this than what we saw.

give it a day or two.

I know this is a conspiracy site and all but even Freud said that "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." The dude didn't look like he was making trouble. Someone got into his face he did what any normal person would. Get into theirs. He took the cops direction though. Makes him the sanest person in that crowd.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

It's the media whipping up the populous. They should be tried for treason imo. Screw their 1st Amendment rights. What they are doing to the nation is beyond being called "abysmal".

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Well, his skin isn't black, it is brown.

Plenty of Muslims are also of African decent, too.
It's the largest religion in Africa.

Any brown skinned person walking through that crowd with a hat like that would probably get dubbed a Muslim, or even a terrorist.

I think his race played a BIG part of it, as he stood out quite obviously.

The guy was simply trying to walk through the crowd to get to work and had to deal with all that negativity.

- Lee

What I should have said is that the stereotypical image of an Islamic terrorist is that of a brown-skinned Middle Easterner, North African or Afghan/Pakistani.

It's true that there a lot of black Muslims in West Africa, but I think a lot of these people have bought into the anti-Muslim propaganda hook, line and sinker, and mightn't even consider a Muslim as anyone other than a brown-skinned, bearded, ''strange hat'' wearing ''terrorist threat''.

You may be right that his skin colour ( or race, should I say ) did play a part, and it'd be interesting to see what would've happened if it had been a white man passing in the same attire.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Everyone in America is entitled to an opinion, and to voice it, to even voice it poorly.

Perhaps the saddest thing is that desire of people to simply choose one side or another no matter how rigid it’s agenda or circumspect it’s methods.

If you don’t join one side of the debate and try not to take sides, the people you wouldn’t join on that one side automatically assign you to the other.

It’s is as, they imagine these constitutional issues of freedom of religion can be decided in public forums, protests and debates.

They can’t, they can only be decided on the legislative level.

While representatives sometimes do consider the public debate and mood, recent history has shown that is typically not the case.

Yet all should be aware even if there was a movement to amend the constitution at this point to start regulating religion, what is used today against Islam might be then used tomorrow against your religion, or you for not having a religion.

I think personally if people really wanted to limit these things wisely that it should be done the same way the Nuclear Reduction Talks are held.

If you want a moratorium on new Muslim Mosques, then all other religions should have a moratorium placed on the building of new facilities too.

If you want to start shutting down Mosques, then all other denominations should equally be required to make a similarly negotiated reduction in their facilities too.

I can support nothing that is not equal and fair and across the board and applicable to everyone.

America is all about equality.

Sadly that means too many people, if I am not for shutting down the Mosque, that I am on that other side, that I am anti-Christian, anti-America, a Muslim apologist, and terrorist sympathizer.

Isn’t it ironic that the people who are so prone to do that, are in fact trying to terrorize those who won’t aide them in being prejudicial to an entire religion and all the people that follow it?

That they wish to terrorize the more reasonable and constitution loving and fair minded amongst us, through peer pressure, slander and baseless innuendo?

And yet amazingly these people who are so inclined to do this, can’t fathom why a select few in any society, and religion, any race, any movement would turn to terrorism?

While all the while they want to terrorize others into adopting views that are so prejudicial and so detrimental to our way of life that they ultimately end up diminishing us all, and sadly already have.

Having an opinion is great, voicing it is fine, but no matter who imagines what, your opinion is all about you, not about the world you wish to define in such limiting and rigid ways.

Thanks.

[edit on 23/8/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
We have the same problems in France. Our politicians use the racism so many people have in themselves to have them focus on these racial issues instead of bigger ones, like the economic ones... When we're all discussing if muslim women are allowed to wear a niqab, or if a mosque can be built next to ground zero we don't look at the people stealing our money.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I completely agree here. We hear it on MSM every day, Muslim/Islam/Terrorist this and that, and people remember these things, and people are still angry about 9-11, and so on. So what? How many serial killers have been caught that said God, or Jesus instructed them to do their crimes? Or the KKK? Do we blame all Christians for the actions of a few? I very strongly believe that the whole 9-11 scenario was done by forces we cannot see, and know not, the so called "hidden hand" behind every government that directs and controls everything. The "Muslim Extremists" that were labelled as the perpetrators have mostly turned up alive and well, and deny any knowledge, as did Osama and his crew. So I have to ask, if a Muslim does a crime against America, does that make the entire Muslim words guilty?

The people who commit crimes against humanity need to be called CRIMINALS, and nothing else.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

sorry but i wouldn't call that kid media.

why that dude and his little friend strolled in like that is suspicious to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm reminded of a quote from MIB. "A person is smart. People are dumb and stupid. You know that." When Americans turn on one of their own just because of looks, that's it friends and neighbors. It's over. Whoever the terrorists are, I believe it's the PTB and the complicit media, they have won. Remember, "United we stand. Divided we fall." That's playing out on the stage now and some, morons, don't see it.

I agree.

Politicians must be laughing their socks off at how stupid, as a group, humans are.

People cut out all the hard work of the ''powers that be'' by squabbling over pitiful and pathetic issues like this one.

You're right that the media has done a sterling job in stoking the fire, on this issue.

Even ATS has been overrun with threads pertaining to this issue, even so it's an absolute no-brainer !

The US Constitution, as I understand it, safeguards freedom of religion.
End of debate ! ( or at least it should be ).

Not to mention the illogical nature of judging 1 billion+ people, by the actions of a few.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jeanne75018

That's been what I've been saying. I wish I could do more than just give you a star. THAT is the real issue.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock
This guy walked through the crowd looking for trouble IMO. Big N Bad until someone bigger put him in his place.
I love it.

Then someone even bigger put hard hat in his place, then leo's calmed it down whats your point and why throw around N like you would fight him if you saw him you make me laugh.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
“There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.”

I think that about sums it up.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The sad thing is these people think they are doing the right thing... This is ridiculous!

People want freedom and deny it when they can't control a situation!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

It's the media whipping up the populous. They should be tried for treason imo. Screw their 1st Amendment rights. What they are doing to the nation is beyond being called "abysmal".

I feel that I have to qualify this. 1st Amendment rights are the 1st for a reason, it's damn important. Look at the 1st:

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law "respecting an establishment of religion", impeding the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

en.wikipedia.org...

The media is breaking half of the spirit that this amendment was set up for. Free exercise of religion just being a portion of this. I don't think the Founding Fathers foresaw that the media would actually BECOME a part of the gov't. If they had they would have left, "Freedom of the press" off of this amendment. It's nothing more than a PR exercise of the PTB now. They are actually working against all that the Constitution stands for. The sad thing is that it's working.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

people keep saying the billion thing, how many of them really know what is happening?

like have ecectricity and cable, cnn, msnbc and fox? oooooooooo ats! bbc!

ya, many grassroot muslims taking time out from your job that was out sourced or after prayers and dinner.

do they care? or do their imans tell them what is REALLY going on?

give us a break.

1 billion, i bet 1 bill christians know more than 1 bill muslims.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Black definitely had something to do with it in this case IMO. It may not have been the only reason ill give you that. If it was a white person with a beard and an Under Armor skull cap ,would they have been looked at the same?

It doesn't really make much difference, anyway. Harassing an innocent passer-by, because you feel he follows a particular religion, is just as ignorant as harassing them because of their race.

I changed my post to say "skin color" instead of black. Poor choice of words on my part.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join