It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ankara tells US it won’t adhere to new sanctions on Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Calm down biggot. First of all Israel was responding to threats.. Your blind hate for things that you are aparently ignorant about is overflowing !!!

I hope they all start chucking nukes NOW!!! That whole area is a sess pool of violence and intolerance...

The middle east needs a clean slate..

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Just a quick Little google search. For as big as India is they still our a backwards country.

Are you not a advanced genius with

Christians in West
YouTube video shows church 'exorcism' of gay teenager

and

Jews in Israel performing superstitious stuff like
oral suction of circumsized penises of infants

Less commonly practised, and more controversial, is metzitzah b'peh, (alt. mezizah), or oral suction,[4][5] where the mohel sucks blood from the circumcision wound. The traditional reason for this procedure is to promote healing,[6][7] although the practice has been implicated in the spreading of herpes to the infant.[8]

Metzitzah technique

Looks like you are not in a position to call yourself as advanced as you'd like too. Superstition exists in every part of world that does not make them any more backward or forward in any respect...deal with it! If you dont want to first clean your closet !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The reason why these countries are not toeing the line of sanctions is because they have independent foreign policies and they work towards their own self interest without being someone's else puppet. If trade with Iran is beneficial to them and they feel they face no threat from Iran...why the heck would they cut their profits?

Would US stop all its trading and donations to Israel if these countries asked? No, then why would they?

Typo Edit - blame Jack Daniel

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Prince Of Darkness]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

There is a difference here in the states... I promise you this.. If a crowd of people saw you throw a baby from a roof top...

1) You would be beaten within an inch of your life.
2) You would go to jail
3) Your child would be taken away and be raised by someone else.
4) Even our inmates would make you sorry you did it, for the duration of your stay in jail !!!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

You mean oral suction of baby penises and magical exorcism of gays like superstition is all welcome in states? Dont think so...pedos are treated worse in slams. Ask many of the popes accused of that..oh wait!! the pope defended them

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Perhaps someone can explain something in plain and simple English:

What are the US sanctions, and how do they apply to other countries? I'm not exactly certain about how it all works. Could a UK flagged vessel sail to Iran in breach of the US sanctions?

Edit: This post edited itself simply because it decided to post in violation of US posting sanctions...

[edit on 24-8-2010 by BSG75]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

Good question

I found this should answer part of your question.

Obama says new U.S. sanctions on Iran toughest ever

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama signed into law on Thursday far-reaching new sanctions on Iran that aim to squeeze the Islamic Republic's fuel imports and deepen its international isolation.
Obama said the new sanctions were the toughest ever passed by the U.S. Congress and would make it harder for Iran to buy refined petroleum as well as goods and services to modernize its oil and natural gas sector, the mainstay of its economy.

Linkwww.reuters.com...

The way i see it these sanctions will only hurt the people of Iran.

Thankyou

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

No it’s not a BS reply, your just so enamored with the Hate Israel crowd you can’t see past the hatred in your own eyes. Iran with a nuke is bad news, but I guess you won’t believe it until they use it. As far as I can remember Israel has not use its nukes on anyone ever.

Iran is also actively pursuing Bio and Chem. weapons, which will be easier to smuggle into other nations and used as weapons. Will you continue to sing their praise when your city is attacked with smallpox? What about if Tel Aviv is wiped off the planet because Iran is able to smuggle in a nuke bomb via suitcase? Denver? San Francisco? NYC? LA? Cincinnati? London? Paris? Berlin? Will you keep singing there praises?

Yes, it is a BS reply. it's pointless fearmongering. "OMG WHAT IF IRAN DESTROYS TEL AVIV?!?!?"

Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still functional cities, and I promise you Fat Man and Little Boy were bigger bombs than anything Iran could smuggle in a briefcase, to say nothing of the fact that all of the cities you mentioned are considerably larger and better-prepared than either of the towns where atomic weapons have been used before.

Here's a question for you; What if Iran does no such thing? Given their current position, this seems entirely unlikely. Dropping a suitcase nuke in one of the world's major nuclear powers is honestly about the stupidest thing you could do. And nuke Israel? Why, so they can finish killing all the Palestinians that your own fallout doesn't get first?

So when Iran doesn't nuke anyone, are you going to come back and apologize? *SNIP* assuring us that any day now those evil filthy Iranians are going to blow the world up like a bad cartoon?

Your alarmist horsepuckery is stupid and ill-informed. You should cease it.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

MOD EDIT: T&C violation removed

[edit on Wed Aug 25 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

And then they would defend your right to watch your kid die in misery from treatable illnesses so long as you prayed to protestant Jesus, and educate your surviving litter that the entire world hates them because of how much Jesus loves the baby you just let die - and that the kid died because THEY did not pray hard enough.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1

Thanks i think he/she is trying to sink this thread not one comment made by said person was on topic

Thankyou

No need for me to sink your thread when you yourself do such a fine job at it, when you stated Iran has done nothing wrong.

www.payvand.com...
newsblaze.com...
www.amnesty.org...
www.amnestyusa.org...

You guys claim (and Iran) that there purpose for Nuclear Power is purely peaceful, nothing Iran does is peaceful towards its people or neighbors. It funds two of the most ruthless organizations in the world Hamas and Hezbollah. Do you not think if they get nukes there crack pot leaders will use them? It’s like giving the bully on the block an M249 Machine gun and everyone else have air Soft’s... Eventually they will get nukes, eventually they will use them. Now as far as Turkey is concerned There a bunch of crack pots who want their precious Ottoman empire back. They see Iran as a way to get it without endangering themselves.

So if your news article is true and Turkey a NATO ALLY and EU wanna be memeber, is going to defy sanctions, Then Expel them from NATO and the EU.

I could not agree with you more, since Erdogan is in power the whole accession to the EU is just ridiculous and a waste of our time [if it wasnt already ]..Now fellow NATO members could have a disagreement just like Germany and Belgium had with the US on the Iraq war but Turkey follows a totally different path now with their shaddy new ME friends.
Not only that he is abandoning everything Ataturk stood for and saying goodbuy to the seculair state, at some point Syria is even more seculair, quiet worrying all, but getting those B61's is the first thing NATO should do...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Or...... Because I know with 100% personal certainty, that there is no magic man in the clouds that grants wishes!!!.....

I could care less about what they "allow" me to do with my child..

I would find a Doctor for them... If he refused to work on them... I would line his family on the wall, Shoot the dog first... Aim for the youngest and tell him to get to work on MY child or the rest will suffer Fido's fate.. I will die for my children, So certainly I will kill for them!

Anyone who thinks prayer will heal the sick..... has such a pathetic existance... maybe they shouldn't reproduce in the first place!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

... Yes I did read your article And seen that they were indeed US sanctions on Iran, And Expelling or at least suspending Turkey from NATO, or Withdrawing US bases and Money from Turkey is a good start for me. ...

Probably not going to happen anytime soon.
Turkey has 1,000 troops deployed in Afghanistan as part of its NATO commitment. Incirlik Air Base(Turkey) is in a very strategic location as a gateway to the Middle East. And it also houses 40 B-61 nuclear weapons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join