It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ankara tells US it won’t adhere to new sanctions on Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well about time someone stood up to the Americans and there silly sanctions that only hurt the people of Iran.

Turkish officials have told an American delegation that it has no intention of following unilateral US sanctions on Iran, a move likely to deepen a rift between the two NATO allies over the Islamic republic's contentious nuclear program that Washington believes is aimed at developing nuclear weapons.
Turkish and American officials have confirmed that a US delegation comprising representatives from the State and Treasury departments visited Ankara last week to have talks at the Turkish Foreign Ministry and the Undersecretariat of the Treasury over US sanctions on Iran.

Link www.todayszaman.com...

This is the only link i could find on this but if true will more follow

My opinion on this is Iran has done nothing wrong and most of the sanctions are there because of Israel pressure on America and most of the western nations.

Thankyou

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Turkey to remove Iran from enemies watchlist
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Thanks for that this must be true then

And after all these are extra sanctions that the US slapped on top of the UN sanctions.
To be honest there is so many sanctions its hard to follow.

Thankyou

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
news.yahoo.com...

Hmmm the armies of GOG and MAGOG, seem to be inching closer to each other... Very intersting times.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
news.yahoo.com...

The new document also downgrades the security threat presented by traditional rival Greece&Russia&Iraq.

www.ntvmsnbc.com...

Iran and Türkiye also have very close trade and economic relations. Both countries are part of the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO). Turkey receives many Iranian tourists each year and economically benefits from Iranian tourism.[1] Bilateral trade between the nations is increasing. In 2005, the trade increased to $4 billion from $1 billion in 2000.[2] Iran’s gas export to Turkey is likely to be increased. At present, the rate is at 50mm cm/d.[3] Turkey imports about 10 billion cubic meters a year of gas from Iran, about 30 percent of its needs.[4] Turkey plans to invest $12 billion in developing phases 22, 23 and 24 of South Pars gas field, a senior Iranian oil official told Shana.ir.[3] Two-way trade is now in the range of $10 billion (2008), and both governments have announced that the figure should reach the $20 billion mark in the not too distant future.[5] 50 percent of the gas from three phases of Iran’s South Pars gas field will be re-exported to Europe.[6] Turkey has won the tender for privatization of Razi Petrochemical Complex valued at $650 million (2008). On tourism, every year one million Iranians visit Turkey.[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

Traders and analysts have said it is possible Turkey may export more gasoline to Iran over the two countries' land border as a result of the problems of insuring shipping, while the Iranian National Oil Company is expected to charter some of its own tankers to deliver oil products.

www.sabahenglish.com...

I hope that will open a new positive chapter in the relationships between Tehran,Athens,Moscow and Ankara.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by lalande 21185]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

No i would not say that i think it's more like they don't think Iran is the threat that America and the west say it is.

I think most people know who the real enemy is.

Thankyou

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
lines in the sand.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Found another link to this.

www.turkishpress.com...

It's the third story down in the link.

There is nothing the US can do about this but they will not like it.
Will they try to put pressure on Turkey

Thankyou

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

mog? hes so cute though

www.videogamelists.com...

jokes aside with the mog and bogs crap

bravo turkey, nice to see they wont be be dicated by the US

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's not just Turkey but there are 22 other nations which continue trading with Iran.

A new government report lists 22 nations that maintain significant business relationships with Iran despite new U.N. sanctions and even more restrictive laws enacted in Europe and the United States.

Source

Countries include some of the biggest trading nations of the world such as Russia, China and India.

Edited to correct url

[edit on 23-8-2010 by I AM LEGION]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

What's more, India is campaigning hard to become a permanent member of the U.N. Security Council. So wouldn't you expect India to behave as if it cared about the rest of the world?

this part made me crack up
like the current Perm members give a toss about the rest of the world

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

India the same country that allows people to sill throw babies off the buildings for good luckk? Well hell it doest surprise me, people think Iran and The Taliban are heros... The world just doesnt make since anymore.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

No people are just seeing through the lies that's whats happening and about time.
Who sees the Taliban has heroes
and what as that got to do with this subject

Thankyou

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

link please? i would really like to know where you got that assumption from,
as its news to me

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

My opinion on this is Iran has done nothing wrong and most of the sanctions are there because of Israel pressure on America and most of the western nations.

I agree. Israel and Mossad have proven themselves to be the world's biggest terrorist organization, and American presidents have to always say they support Israel or they don't get elected...it is a wonder that Obama somewhat drew back from that, I for one was surprised when he did that. I know Israel stands alone without military support from America, but hey, it is THEM that made everyone in the Arab mad at them. Personally I think it the Dome of the Rock was completely destroyed, a great deal of the fighting over it would come to an end. Ever see two kids fight over a toy? What happens when you, the parent, takes away the toy?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Am I the only one that finds this weird?

Turkish and American officials have confirmed that a US delegation comprising representatives from the State and Treasury departments visited Ankara last week to have talks at the Turkish Foreign Ministry and the Undersecretariat of the Treasury over US sanctions on Iran.

As far as I know the only function of the Treasury board, aside from monetary ones, is the Secret Service. What the hell do they have to do in negotiations of state?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

link please? i would really like to know where you got that assumption from,
as its news to me

www.reuters.com...

Just a quick Little google search. For as big as India is they still our a backwards country.

And I wasnt refering to anyone in this particular thread as veiwing the Taliban as "Freedom Fighters" or the Reistance... They know or you know of whom I am talking about.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well they did say state officials too so that could be from any department could it not but the way i see it UN sanctions were too much let alone trying to add US sanctions.
Maybe someone who knows politics can answer better.

Thankyou

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Turkey seems to be playing both sides of the conflict, as Turkey is home to a U.S. Airbase Incirlik

Nuclear weapons at Incirlik
As of April, 2010, the Incirlik Air Base is believed to be the storage magazine for about 90 American B61 nuclear bombs. The United States has considered withdrawing these nuclear bombs from Turkey, and from several other foreign locations.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Maybe that means that they are in a perfect place to mediate. Like an agnostic can see both sides in a religious debate. Both Atheist and religious. The question remains, WHO would like mediation?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join