It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drop the Hate!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Okay time for a rant of a different kind here:

As my friends at the clubs would say "ya'll been hating fo way too long!"

Seriously though the level of anger in some of the posts on this forum is getting out of hand. We should be debating, yes but not screaming wildly our hatred for the other side.

This goes for both sides, and the moderates too, there have been some threads that are intended just to bash the other side, the "what's everybody crying about" one comes to mind on the left and there have been several just hateful anti-liberal threads from the right. SO's ban hammer has been out in force lately and I think it's about time! It's also about time for some of the rabid anti-liberals and anti-conservatives to grow up. We all know what side you hail from and taking cheap shots on the other side does not make you look any bigger or brighter, quite the opposite.

I try to keep my stronger emotions from my posts (save possibly for this one) and everyone should do the same. I know you think you're right and name-calling and lashing out don't convince me that you are right. If you have a point articulate it and show reasonable evidence, don't shout or hit below the belt or do other childish things to try to sway my oppinion and those of others.

Well ok I'll get off my soap box now, remember love not hate.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Infinites rant scale - Off the scale

Its about time we stop all the hate, i don't like seeing people getting banned.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have to admit, I can't really understand the recent board drama at all.

When I post, I put my views and answer questions if asked. Some of the things I have said have been passionate things that I believe wholeheartedly in and although some members may disagree, I have never been flamed, nor ended up in a flame war with anyone else.

I think its because if I have something passionate to say, I think hard and long exactly how I phrase it. That way I avoid misunderstandings.
Admittedly I have failed with that a few times, but that is primarily because I typed without thinking. Which proves my point - to myself at least.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
that's all we got (one love one love)

Black Eyed Peas, funny I was just listening to that song.... perhaps these lyrics could be posted in the "Black Eyed Peas bashing thread" here in BTS, seems they are a highly misunderstood group- not in it for pretention, but to spread "love".

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Stop the player hating!

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Pisky you are too cute to get flamed....but some of us are not so lucky.

Mud fights are supposed to be entertaining yet slightly erotic...bring on the love with the mud. There is no need of any of us to end up...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
hate the game, not the player

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Honestly i think the pit was not out of control at all... yeah there were some heated debates that went no-where but i think it was a good place to go and vent.

If you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen, i say. The Pit is exactly how i thought it would be after reading the disclaimer, people just gotta learn how to take things on the chin and understand politics can be a heated debate and when things get heated something personal will be said... big deal i say, its part of the fun. But the totalitarianist regieme known as "The Mods' (insert evil music here) have deemed that the people at ATS/BTS cannot take insults and thus must be protected from such evils, and what 'The Mods' say goes right
I must now reovke previous statements against the 'regieme' of the mods... i must stress i am NOT doing this with a gun to my head... (gulp).... i would also like to express my support for the mods

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
...(love) where is the love?
(the love) where is the love?
where is the love?
(love) where is the love?
(where is the love the love my love)...

I think you should put a copyright or some kind of link to let people know that is a song from The Black Eyed Peas

[edit on 6-20-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I have to agree with SpecA. What's wrong with a little knock-out-drag-out once in a while ? This is what makes things interesting and different from most other sites out there.

I.E. this is what set ATS apart. When you start inadvertantly banning, especially if you're a mod who bans at the drop of a hat, simply because you don't happen to agree with the opinions posted, you begin to resemble a nazi-wannabe and that, IMO turns EVERYBODY off.

when a group imposes too many "rules" for the sake of rules, and bans for what many may see as no good reason, the remaining membership begins to think too much before they post their true feelings and thoughts and the results are far too often lackluster and insincere posts because the poster is self-censoring too much, worried about being banned. I think most people can handle a little flaming, in fact, I think it does a soul good to be flamed once in a while. Keeps us on our toes.

We're all passionate here or else we wouldn't have joined in the first place. I say, let the mud pit be.

[Edited on 21-6-2004 by KayEm]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
You know I honestly have no problem with KOs in the forum, I'd like to think I've dealth the deathblow to some arguments myself, I'm sure we can all agree that feels good.

My problem is not the intensity of the arguments but the fact that some people seem blinded by hate for the other side and start making childish attacks. I'd rather win an argument with an impressive attack that shoots down every point that I disagree with, and maybe for sport finnish em off with the rest of their points too, but I don't resort to attacking the person with innane attacks. I think it's much more dammaging to get your ideas shoved back down your own throat with some chili sauce, and if they are nice an antacid, than it is to get told I've got a stupid avatar.

Lets remember what we are debating, the issues, stop attacking people for, the issues and ideas, not their political persuasion, screen name, spelling, avatar, mother's maden name, or anything like that.

I've told people to "go back and talk to me when you've done your homework" and stuff like that, I get rabid on some threads but I do it with and open mind and an adversion to sophmoric attacks. Now that said, I've probably made mistakes, and I am sorry for them, I will do my best not to make them in the future.

Now go be intelectual warriors for your causes, love the fight, but fight with love too, don't become so blind by hate that you start to believe that anyone who disagrees with you is somehow less of a person. If you want an idea of how, read my signature: Draw the arrow of verse from the quiver of wisdom and fire through oration.

And Blessed Be, Everyone
~Astral

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I think i can honestly say the only time i have gotten personal with someone is when they got personal with me... self defence... sure i call people bigots, selfish, ignorant etc etc all the time, but always in relation to the argument. nyways hopefully some sort of medium can be found for the pit... friendly but nasty, uncontrolled but subdues, fun but tame... untill next time kids... be good to your mothers

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
SpecialAsian, the Axe was just about to drop across your neck, but you groveled properly just in the nick of time!

Seriously, guys (and gals), we can understand all sides of the issue better without the viciousness entailing.

I know its hard (erotic intonations intended, Saphie!), but keeping ourselves in check only adds discipline to the board and ourselves, making us stronger, with more stamina and strength (Sounds enticing, huh Saph?
). While the board seems to be slow starting after the last spisode, I sense that it will totally explode with gallons of titilating brilliance!

top topics

join