It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus the Radical?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I've read numerous times on ATS and BTS theories about how Jesus may actually have been a dangerous radical or rebel, intent on destroying the Jewish structure at the time, but those claims usually don't go into any detail, or if they do, they use references that are extra-biblical.

So when I found this recently, I thought I'd share it. Now, obviously, the author is a muslim, and thus as a muslim agenda to push, but he still uses Biblical sources directly. I don't agree with everything he says, but it is an interesting perspective, and if anyone else can find something to disprove about his overall points, feel free to tell me!

Crucifixion or Cruci-fiction

The good stuff starts in Chapter 3 of the page I linked, and goes on for about 4 pages. Here is a short summary:

- Jesus returns to Jerusalem. Some followers are disappointed that the King doesn't take his place immediately.
- Judas had no need for money as he was the guy with the group funds. Instead, he was hoping that if Jesus was confronted by the soldiers, he would be then provoked into wreaking havoc on the enemies of Israel.
- During the Last Supper, Jesus obviously knows that Judas was to betray him, so tells him to go do what he is going to do.
- Not willing to sit around waiting for arrest, Jesus brings up the topic of defense with his disciples (Luke 22:35-38), and finds that they have 2 swords among them.
- They move off to Gethsemane, having a courtyard with stone walls, outside of the town to be in a better position to defend themselves.
- He places 8 of his remaining disciples to guard the entrance, and Peter and the two "Sons of Thunder" as the inner line of defence with him (Matthew 26:36-38), and then alone, settles to pray for deliverance.
- Jesus gets annoyed at how his disciples KEEP falling asleep. The enemy is able to get through because of this.
- Jesus realises a problem: he had assumed a small jewish rabble, roused up by the Pharisees. Instead, he gets trained Roman soldiers. He tells his disciples to lay down their arms.
- Jesus is taken for trial, and ALL his disciples desert him.
- Jesus was not aware (nor part of) any scheme to get him sacrificed as a "lamb" for all humanity. He gave his defence (John 18:20-23), at the sham of a trial, and certainly did not "opened not his mouth".
- Since the Jews did not have the power to execute, they took him to the Romans, where they tried to get more false charges against him, but again they were proved false (John 18:33-38). The Jews almost attempt blackmailing Pilate, at which point he washes his hands of the affair, and lets Jesus be crucified.
- Jesus was strung up to the cross along with two others (purported to be "zealots" or heroes of the people, rather than theives, as translated by the term used in the Bible- "lestes"). He was not nailed to the cross, but rather, bound like the other two, in the . The "Doubting Thomas" episode is irrelevant, because he wasn't there, as they had all fled.
- Various earthquakes, thundering, etc. occur, which probably clear out the crowd. It was made to appear to the Romans that Jesus was then dead (in just 3 hours), so that breaking his legs became unnecessary. It was so surprising that death occurred so fast that "Pontius marvelled".
- He was then taken down by his "secret" disciples Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus, with Marys being the only spectators. The next day was the Sabbath, and the Jews get suspicious as to the speedy removal of Christ from the cross. Pilate does not pander to them.
- Mary Magdalene goes to the tomb on Sunday (not to anoint Jesus or any such thing, but to take care of him, as she knew him to be alive). She finds the tomb opened. She gets worried, and meets Jesus who she does not recognise, because he is disguised as a gardner (to hide from the jews).
- She finally realises who he is, but he asks her to "touch him not", because he isn't "ascended to the Father" (not dead, but in a lot of pain).
- Jesus also meets up with his disciples, who are incredibly fearful and disbelieving, because they think he was crucified (since they had all fled, unlike Mary Magdalene, who was an actual witness, and was thus not afraid when she realised it was Jesus, and not a gardener), and the thing in front of them is a ghost. Jesus continuously assures them he is not resurrected or a spirit, but ALIVE!

I know it is really long, but it is quite interesting nonetheless. First time I've heard of such an interpretation (except for the crucifix part, which has popped up here a couple times). Another (perhaps better?) summary of the viewpoint is here, in the section labelled "Chapter 18".

Thoughts? Refutations?

[edit on 23-8-2010 by babloyi]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Bloop. I'd have thought that the possibility that the "Prince of Peace" had more than one side would have sparked SOME interest....

Bah...I always make the mistake of writing long, detailed posts that nobody can bother to read

join