It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home - astonishing video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

I apologize if this has been posted allready, but I did not finf anything.

I want to share a link to an amazing movie that I saw yesterday. I stumbled across the movie by accident but I am more than happy I did.

The movie is called "home" and has been directed by Luc Besson, who is famous for some big hollywood movies.

I donßt want to give too much away, but it basically is a documentary about our planets resources and eco system, and the way everything is connected.

It features beautiful aerial shots and really gives a lot to think about.

So without further ado, here is the video:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

Beautiful cinematography.

I think it is too long at 1hr 33, if you are trying to get “a message of mobilization out to every human being” then it will need to be shorter to truly achieve this objective – can you imagine every one watching this? In our technology/distraction/me me me obsessed culture?

I sat through the whole film and thought I wasn’t learning much that I didn’t already know. Yes humankind is doomed if we don’t stop consuming etc etc and we have forgotten that we are interconnected etc etc The gap between rich and poor is wider than ever etc etc, sea levels are rising etc etc

I don’t think the film truly tackled/captured why – especially in the western world which IMO is rooted in capitalism/neo-liberalism (the commoditisation of everything) To truly tackle this will require direct action in taking out the layers in society that transmit and perpetuate these ideologies such as the elites, multinationals, politicians, religion, big pharma et al. to name a few!

Essentially I prefer more edgy documentaries, AJ for example (I know he’s annoying) but I think his dogmatic approach is a more realistic approach to truly mobilise the masses. I think this is another (although beautifully shot film) that tells me the planet is doomed – I know it is….. And yes they have that nice positive bit at the end however, I think it naïve when they talk about Antarctica and the ‘treaty’ signed by 49 states to protect and not mine – lol give it time… And the man who thought the unthinkable in Bangladesh and opened a bank that only lends to the poor – now imagine trying to do that in a western, profit driven society! No chance, bankrupt/bankrupted (maybe by rival bankers) within a week…. My point being these complex issues are so deeply interconnected between the western world and 3rd world (think dependency theory) that it will take more than this – revolution anyone?

BTW OP this wasn’t a personal attack! Thanks for bringing this film to my attention.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Thank you slinkey for your response, I think you definately have some very good points. In my oppinion this film stands out simply through the way it was shot and not because of the message.

I am very interested in the documentary by AJ you mentioned, but I am not quite sure who you mean. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks and have a nice day.

new topics

join