It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy rescues Iranian fishermen, returns to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

US Navy rescues Iranian fishermen, returns to Iran

www.reuters.com

Aug 20 (Reuters) - A ship with the U.S. Navy's Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group rescued eight Iranian fishermen from a burning ship in the Arabian Sea, gave them food, water and fresh clothing and delivered them to an Iranian naval vessel two days later, the Navy reported on Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Thumbs up --> to those who were the saviors, although one day the same people could be used to kill innocent people, at times they do show a sense of humanity.

The US needs to stop bothering Iran, and Iran needs to relax and destroy communication and cultural barriers which may exist, using good gestures such as this event and using things which both sides agree upon, and I can put forwards thousands of things which both Iran and America will agree upon.

Rather than shoving the negatives on each others throats, shouldn't we bring to light the positive of both sides, and things which both sides agree upon?

Both Iran and the US is guilty of propagating negatives of each other which has brought them to a brink of war..

Thumbs up

Smoke time..

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think that our service-men always show humanity and their actions boil down to perspective. Regardless of the motives we believe in, most soldiers and sailors believe they are doing the right thing and to go even further, most do the right thing anyway.

Remember, our soldiers and sailors are only doing their job and their intent is not to kill innocent people, rather to preserve freedom and our way of life. So, regardless of how we percieve their mission, they retain their integrity. Of course there are bad apples in any bunch but in no way should that reflect the attitude of most of in uniform.

It is our government to blame for illegal wars, not the people carrying them out. I don't think there are that many people who join the military because they want to take part in an illegal war or kill innocent people. All in all, our troops are outstanding people and although we may not agree with their mission, it isn't them making the decisions.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Thumbs up --> to those who were the saviors, although one day the same people could be used to kill innocent people, at times they do show a sense of humanity.

Imo this is nothing more then normal. Or would you just let them burn and die because of their nationality? And the simple fact is that people get rescued by navy vessels all the time. Only now that they're Iranians and the US does the saving it's in the media.

Nice timing....

"Hey we're probably about to invade you, but at least this shows we don't mean any harm patrolling your seas, we're just here to help !!"

I'm amazed that they didn't blow up the US navy vessel also, weren't all Iranians fanatic lunatics with bombs strapped around their chests?

Just pro-US propaganda, in more peaceful times this news would never have seen the light of day, at least not through a site like Reuters.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Yes it is ordinary, but both sides are demonizing each other, that means Americans are demonized in the eyes of dumb + naive Iranians, and Iranians are being demonized in the eyes of dumb + naive Americans.

Get it?

Ultimately no matter what happens, the people will suffer, am I right?

So showing that both sides are human is a great leap for man kind, not visiting the moon.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I think that our service-men always show humanity and their actions boil down to perspective. Regardless of the motives we believe in, most soldiers and sailors believe they are doing the right thing and to go even further, most do the right thing anyway.

Remember, our soldiers and sailors are only doing their job and their intent is not to kill innocent people, rather to preserve freedom and our way of life. So, regardless of how we percieve their mission, they retain their integrity. Of course there are bad apples in any bunch but in no way should that reflect the attitude of most of in uniform.

It is our government to blame for illegal wars, not the people carrying them out. I don't think there are that many people who join the military because they want to take part in an illegal war or kill innocent people. All in all, our troops are outstanding people and although we may not agree with their mission, it isn't them making the decisions.

--airspoon

I understand what you are saying airspoon.

But the time has come for the soldiers and sailors to no longer say "We are only doing our job" or to say "We are keeping the folks at home safe."

The time has come, and came some time ago, for soldiers and sailors to think, and realise they are not being sent to invade and occupy lands to fight terrorism, or avenge 9/11, to fight for freedom, or to protect their nation and loved ones, but are fighting for geopolitical and geostrategical reasons as dictated to them by TPTB.

Iraqi Veterans against the Iraq War and Afghan Veterans against the Afghan War is all well and good, but their awakening, their shutting of the barn door, has come long after the horse has bolted, long after the war began.

I'm sorry, but I can not stand on the side of a street and clap and cheer on soldiers and sailors parading and marching off to wars I disagree with and which I know are being fought as part of an imperial game, which will lead to the subjugation of the peoples of the lands invaded.

I can not excuse these soldiers and sailors as "only doing their job" as some sort of get-out clause for their actions of participating in these wars. They have a brain, and they have to think and learn. For me just to say "They are only doing their job" is to say "Well, I know they are being used as tools by TPTB to dominate the world, but hey, they are only doing what they are told and they believe what they are doing is right when they are actually being lied to, so we should support them."

Our best means of supporting the soldiers and sailors is hoping they come to realise the purpose of the wars they are sent to and refuse to participate further.

I fully well understand that soldiers and sailors sent off to war think they are fighting for noble reasons.

And that's the sad thing. Because right now, there are soldiers and sailors who think the wars are just and who are dying and being maimed.

And it's a waste. It's a result of TPTB lying to them, of the MSM lying to them, and of us, the people, lying to them because we excuse their actions because we think that they are only "doing their jobs"

We are contributing to their condemnation, either through loss of life, limb or mind.

A great portion of soldiers and sailors are good, decent human beings, who think they are fighting to keep the world safe.

But they are being used. They are being sent to invade and occupy lands not to keep the world safe, but for imperial reasons. Without them, such actions would be impossible. TPTB would be at a loss. Which is why I hope the soldiers and sailors wake up.

The best way of supporting these soldiers and sailors is to will them to wake up, hoping they find out the truth.

The future depends on it. And we may be running out of time before they are sent to march off to another war.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Regensturm]

new topics

top topics

join