It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Denial system now in use at LA County jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have been following the development of this weapon for quite sometime (well, ever since it has been made public knowledge) and it has yet to see deployment in Afghanistan (or Iraq, for that matter, as was originally intended). However, I just got this in my "Google Alerts" tonight...
(though it is incorrectly reported as a "laser weapon")

"Guards at the Los Angeles County jail complex in Castaic will start using a newfangled weapon that produces a deep burning sensation -- which is not to be confused with a “warm fuzzy feeling” -- in whomever it is aimed at.

The 7 1/2-foot-tall “Assault Intervention Device,” which sheriff's deputies demonstrated Friday at the Pitchess Detention Center, emits an invisible beam that causes an unbearable sensation, reported the Daily News."

Active denial in LA County jail

I had no idea there were any plans on using this weapon anywhere soon, at least not anything that had been made public. Also interesting that they are afraid of using it (the US military) against anyone in a foreign country but that civilian law enforcement seems to have no problem adopting the weapon, at least as a test.

Here are a couple of links if you want more info on the weapon.
Active Denial System official site

Active Denial Wikipedia

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Schrecken Licht]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I find this report enlightening. This area is highly volatile. Use of Active Denial System indicates readiness for something, IMO. I am 60 miles away and I am ready ! Got to be !

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
They are going to use this to torture people.

They can make you feel like you are burning to death for as long as they want.

join